InaraGirl

The Gentle Thread

53 posts in this topic

Life is pretty stressful these days. Whether because of job worries, sad things happening around the world or just having a bad day, sometimes we all just need some kind words and a little bit of time out from life's hectic pace.

Unfortunately it's not always possible to get these in real life so I thought I would try starting a nice, gentle thread where we can leave each other some encouraging words to dip into whenever they are needed.

So I would like to start by offering a heartfelt, gentle hug to anyone who needs one along with a warm beverage and a reminder to take good care of yourself x

I'll offer wine and a nice slice of cake for anyone struggling at the moment :)

I send heartfelt warm hugs and a listening ear :)

I just live in the hope that things could be easier for so many who have struggle and turmoil not of their own doing.

Take ya right arm and wrap it around the left side of you

Take ya left arm and wrap it around the right side of you

Squeeze...

Go on remembering how to give yourself a hug at the time you really need it :)

I always try to treat, everyone I interact with, with kindness & acceptance. We all have our struggles & I don't want to do anything which might add to anyone else's burden. I will send out good thoughts & big hugs. I'm here, if anyone wants to talk. Not as a mod. As a friend.

Great thread Hun, I will also offer many hugs, as there is so much sorrow in the hearts of many..

Never let those moments over take you life , there is a brighter side although many don't believe it.

One must not only say" I hear you" , you have to say" I'm listen too."

The current isn't always going to flow against you ! :)

Hugs xxxxxxxxx

And pancakes :) and hot chocolate...or some lemonade with mint syrup depending on the weather and your taste

Life can be cruel, harsh, unfair, tough...we all have problems and difficulties and even minimal support can help us overcome it. Last week I received some extremely bad news of financial character and to be honest I thought of desperate measures but one person who is not even family nor a friend but who is compassionate although they don't have to called me at the time they didn't have to to tell me it's not so bad and what can be done. It took a stone off my back and I can't describe how grateful I am to her although I already was. I am happy that such people exist, people for whom it's not hard to say a gentle word. I wish I was more like this person.

And also, "a kind word is pleasant even for a cat",the proverb says. So, all the strength to you Inara, you are not alone

I am loving all the sweet replies to this thread, I am feeling positively warm and fuzzy :)

On that note I would like to add some cute, purring kittens into the mix, or your choice of other stress-relieving critter!

Bluebell - I'm sorry for your bad news and I'm glad someone was there for you when you really needed it. It just goes to show that what might seem like a small kindness to the giver, can mean the world to the receiver.

I offer a nonjudgmental ear to anyone that needs to release and relieve there mind. My inbox is always open.

I am loving all the sweet replies to this thread, I am feeling positively warm and fuzzy :)

On that note I would like to add some cute, purring kittens into the mix, or your choice of other stress-relieving critter!

Bluebell - I'm sorry for your bad news and I'm glad someone was there for you when you really needed it. It just goes to show that what might seem like a small kindness to the giver, can mean the world to the receiver.

I feel that sometimes, saying hello, how are you, to someone you pass on the street, may be the only bit of kindness they received that day. It only takes a few moments to extend ourselves & really benefits both people involved.

We never know what one act might be the catalyst that sets in motion SUCH a chain of goodness. *places penny heads-up where it's sure to be discovered* Hope and optimism for anyone who can use it. Life and what it deals can seem so unfair and discouraging. It can be super hard to stay positive. I'm so glad for encouragement here. Thanks for this thread :)

I'll offer wine and a nice slice of cake for anyone struggling at the moment :)

That was weird, I was literally drinking wine and eating cake when I read that! lol

I try to contribute to what I can. I hope I can offer anyone words of reassurance when they need it.

Thanks for all the positive energy being sent out in this thread.

I'm offering big strong squishie hugs, birthday cake just because it's good, to sit and just hold hands for as long as you want and I will offer back scratchings to anyone who is in need.

"Man will cannot exist without affection (physical contact)". Gandi

I offer great hugs and chocolate. I'm also a very good listener and I'm always willing to talk to anyone who would like someone to talk to. :)

Glowstick necklaces. Glowstick necklaces for everyone.

What a lovely thread. Thank you for starting it, Inara. :)

I was reading an article about why silk is supple, soft and strong. "...Added strength comes from the fact that if one hydrogen bond breaks, many more of the bonds remain to maintain the material's overall toughness. The bonds can 'self heal'..." I thought it also an apt description for the community of support we find on Shys.

To any needing a hug, a kind word or a friendly ear, I offer them all, along with a soft chocolate chip cookie still warm from the oven. muah xx

What a lovely thread. Thank you for starting it, Inara. :)

I was reading an article about why silk is supple, soft and strong. "...Added strength comes from the fact that if one hydrogen bond breaks, many more of the bonds remain to maintain the material's overall toughness. The bonds can 'self heal'..." I thought it also an apt description for the community of support we find on Shys.

To any needing a hug, a kind word or a friendly ear, I offer them all, along with a soft chocolate chip cookie still warm from the oven. muah xx

And I'll add the hot chocolate or glass of milk all served with smiles and much compassion :)

I'd like to offer, to those in need of soothing, a lovely warm, steamy bath scented with Floris Fleur, fluffy warm towels, ice cream with hot fudge sauce, a long chat about what ails, a longer chat about the positives and then a great film to warm the heart and make the head forget. I'll lend you my lovely cats, too. Reuben's high fives and face rubbing are guaranteed to set the world right.

What an awesome thread! Me and a colleague always say why are people cruel to each other when life is hard enough? Anyway I'm good at listening and I always have Ben and Jerries with spoons!

I'll accept a hug any day and give more in return

The positive vibes are simply radiating from this thread. Thank you, Inara, for starting something so wonderful.

I send the warmest of hugs to any and all who may need or want them. I also would like to remind everyone single one of you that you are special. You are valuable. You are worthy of all the love and goodness of this world. May our worries disolve, and may we carry this positivity and kindness in our hearts and souls.

Love the thread so far, I've needed it!

I offer warm and loving hugs, a non judgmental ear and positive energies.

Everyone should cut themselves some slack once in a while, we are not infallible.

Sometimes we just need to be selfish and do what we want without considering others. That's completely OK.

Spread the love <3

I have lots of pillows and blankets for all. I'll even pull out some blankets fresh from the dryer for those who like it like that.

I offer a warm loving hug, the kind where you start letting go and I squeeze you even tighter:) also some wine and Belgian chocolate.