aeonpax

Would You Marry Another Bisexual Female?

77 posts in this topic

`

While the question is in a general sense, since SSM is now legal; if you met a girl you loved......and she was bisexual the way you are, would you marry her (if you could) ?

If I wasn't with my husband, yes

Well, I am bisexual with a strong preference for women. So it's not hard for me imagining myself married to a woman. But I still struggle with what people I know would think about my being married to a woman. If I fell in love with a woman who really wanted to marry me, I think it would be easier for me to just say hell with it. But not sure I'm ready to propose just yet. I'm so used to just being in long-term relationships that I haven't gotten it stuck in my head that I can marry a woman now.

But if an amazing woman comes along and wants to put a ring on my finger, I wouldn't say no.

Yes I'll be marrying net someday, we are destined to be together. She's bisexual and I am as well. We love each other very much.

Assuming I was free to marry someone, yes.

No, marriage is not something I would want to do again , to a man or a woman. Maybe I'm getting set in my ways or maybe I would just like my freedom too much.

`

While the question is in a general sense, since SSM is now legal; if you met a girl you loved......and she was bisexual the way you are, would you marry her (if you could) ?

Definitely. Same would apply the other way around, I would love to meet the right person. Right now I would prefer a woman as currently I am romantically attracted to them whereas men... nooooo.

I'm married to a bi guy, who is my best friend & who I've been with 18 years. I don't see that ending anytime soon. If, something did happen with our relationship, I always felt I wouldn't marry again. Marriage doesn't have the same importance for me as it did when I was younger. Of course, back then, it was due to the way I was raised, especially with my religious upbringing. I probably wouldn't date a woman who was marriage minded. She'd also either need to be poly like I am or accepting of it.

Yep, we're engaged :):wub:

I find marriage less about love and more about a lot of important, but sometimes seemingly unromantic, protections: taxes, parental rights, retirement, etc. I also only wanted to do it once, and did. That said, if I were ever in a position to marry again, and I was somehow able to overcome my one-time-only prejudice, I would look at marrying a potential woman the same as I would a man. And, almost embarrassed to say, strongly consider a pre-nup. I met my now-husband when we were in our early twenties and just building our adult lives. I would be far more protective of what I have accrued with a new relationship somewhere down the line.

No, marriage is not something I would want to do again , to a man or a woman. Maybe I'm getting set in my ways or maybe I would just like my freedom too much.

Absolutely that. Never will I ever marry again.

Ye i would. Love is love

I find marriage less about love and more about a lot of important, but sometimes seemingly unromantic, protections: taxes, parental rights, retirement, etc. I also only wanted to do it once, and did. That said, if I were ever in a position to marry again, and I was somehow able to overcome my one-time-only prejudice, I would look at marrying a potential woman the same as I would a man. And, almost embarrassed to say, strongly consider a pre-nup. I met my now-husband when we were in our early twenties and just building our adult lives. I would be far more protective of what I have accrued with a new relationship somewhere down the line.

Yeah, DH and I were actually philosophically opposed to marriage, but got married after our oldest child was born because of health insurance issues and because it got old having him constantly treated like a deadbeat-in-waiting because we weren't married.

If I was in a long-term committed relationship with a female, I might get married if she felt strongly about it, or to make a political point. or if it just simplified things. But I don't know if I'd get married without some reason beyond "It's what people who love eachother do".

But if I did get married, I'd be at least as likely to marry a bisexual woman as a lesbian or a male, which is what I meant :)

I would definitely marry someone who is bisexual like myself. I feel that we would really be aligned with how each other feels. Since I'm in the dating stage of my life, I want to date a bi girl or guy. With a bi girl,I feel it want be trust issue and hate that I have found lesbians can feel towards bi girls. For as the bi guys,I don't think that they would be as sleazy towards me about my bisexuality and constantly pressuring me for threesomes like straight guys have the tendency to be.

I defiantly will not marry again. No way.

It's the connections that make the partner. Bisexuality would not keep me from being with someone I connected with, it's such a gift finding that. I feel so blessed for the partners I've had and have, grateful for that.

If gay marriage laws are passed in my country in my lifetime, then damn yes. That's my ideal.

I've never been married, I was always against it in a way. How can you commit to one person forever. You may as well just live together and if anything happened you can just part ways without the hassle of divorce. But now I've met someone I truly love I'd like to marry her. We're both bisexual and so yes, I would marry a girl if she was bisexual. It would be monogamous too, I don't need a man in my life anymore. Been there done that. And like Veruca said its less about love and more about security and Id like that for us both.

Edited by Rocker83

Who knows.. I haven't done anything with a woman for over 12 years so I have no idea what going down that road again would do to me..

`

I'm 33, three daughters, one in college. I've never even contemplated marrying their fathers, not that I could or would, but as a Life Mate, it will always be a female for me. Problem is, I'm not ready to make a commitment of fidelity.

Definitely. Same would apply the other way around, I would love to meet the right person. Right now I would prefer a woman as currently I am romantically attracted to them whereas men... nooooo.

`

I enjoy an occasional male penis, but have never been inclined to be romantically involved with its owner.

`

I enjoy an occasional male penis, but have never been inclined to be romantically involved with its owner.

I'm pretty much on the same page with you there. For me, it's not that I don't like men, because I do. I just prefer women. I gotta say, it's really comforting be in this group. I've never really found so many women that felt the way I do, and who I could open up with.

The short answer to your question is yes. I have said in a previous topic that I could totally see myself marrying a woman; as long as she wants to marry me who cares what her sexual orientation is? I hope I can experience marriage at least once in my lifetime.

Edited by HulaHoop444