Birdie

Films That Make You Cry?

156 posts in this topic

If I'm in the right mood, I love for a good film to make me cry--very cathartic feeling. I'm a bit odd though in the sense that I don't usually cry at the typical sad stuff like the Notebook or Titanic...

I've seen The King's Speech about 3 times, and I always cry at the end because I feel that it is so inspirational. I bawled my eyes out at the end of Lars and the Real Girl, and I would have cried at a bunch at Her but I was watching it with someone and I don't like crying in front of other people. :girlhide: Sometimes I get teary eyed at parts of You've Got Mail (when her shop closes and at the end), but maybe that's just because it's one of my all time favorites.

What about you guys? Go for the typical tear-jerkers, a good romance, something else?

The Notebook. I cried like a baby.

Iron Giant

Well I am going to go back to the first film that made me sob when I was really young and saw it on the TV...Love Story.

The first time I saw it I didn't only cry, but sobbed even after the film credits were long over. I cried so much, it tired me out lol.

Also the TV commercial for Coca Cola, the one with the furry animals, it made me so happy to watch it I just cried...love that ad.

The Christmas one too with the boy running, watching if he can catch the Coca Cola truck and at the end he sees the back of the truck and a moving picture of Father Christmas holding up his can of Coke smiling at the boy.

Fab thread :-)

I cried at the fox and hound as a kid lol I love animal movies, they always start me off.. Marley and me and Hachi. Also cried at The Notebook too.

The Bridge to Terabitha, I know it a kids film but it is fricken sad

My favourite movie, Dead Poet's Society, always jerks a few tears from me at the end, because it's so bittersweet, tragic and inspirationally uplifting all at once.

I cried at the fox and hound as a kid lol I love animal movies, they always start me off.. Marley and me and Hachi. Also cried at The Notebook too.

Oh gosh same here lion king aways does it to me all so titanic.

Edited by TwinkleToes90

Inside Out, if you haven' seen it yet, you should go! Also the short film 'Lava' It plays before Inside Out.

Flight 93, League of Their Own, Prelude to a Kiss, The Green Mile.....

Inside Out, if you haven' seen it yet, you should go! Also the short film 'Lava' It plays before Inside Out.

I actually just saw that the other day, and I'm sorry to say, I didn't like it that much. :/ I didn't feel connected to any of the characters and I felt like the emotional moments were all a bit forced, like I could sense the writers being like, "Oh yeah, this part'll make them bawl their eyes out." I don't know, maybe I'm being harsh, and people keep saying it's just because I'm growing up and it's "only a kids' movie," but I get emotional over kids' movies like Lilo and Stitch, Lion King, even ones like Princess and the Frog and WALL-E, and I was a teenager when those came out...I don't know.

Flight 93, League of Their Own, Prelude to a Kiss, The Green Mile.....

I love League of Their Own, and oh my gosh, I cried so much at the end of The Green Mile! That was probably the first time I ever sobbed at the end of a movie.

And, I knew there was another sure fire tear jerker .....Beaches

Pretty much anything with animals, the fox and the hound always gets me no matter how old I am haha

Lion king.. set it off.. I pretty much cry on anything close to sad lol

I think about my friends every time I watch Set It Off! I hate I can't watch it without crying!

The Notebook! And Titanic

I know .. it gets me every time . Lol

Wow, okay, I cry at alot of films, but usually the old Disney films have me dissolved in tears (like The Little Mermaid, Bambi, Dumbo, Aristocats etc.), but I also watched My Sister's Keeper, because it was recommended to me, but without telling me what it was about. I was so shocked and I really cried my eyes out. I didn't expect to cry though, but the film was so good I couldn't help it.

Also Titanic makes me cry.

But I guess any film in which I can identify with the characters in a real way can make me cry when something bad happens to them, lol :D

The Color Purple...will always be my very fav..."You and me must never part--maki da da..." *sniffs*

The Railway Children when the father appears from the steam on the train platform.

Many scenes in The Bridges of Madison County.

every time there is an emotional or intense scene in a movie it makes me cry. It doesn't have to be romantic. I become emotional and my eyes well with tears. Last week I was watching "Woman in gold" in the cinema and often had to suppress my tears so that the person who I was watching with didn't see it, even if was dark :D

I watched "My Girl" last night and totally cried... It gets me every time. My Girl is one of my favorite movies.

I don't watch many movies other than with my babies but the notebook stands out as one.

Black Beauty made me sob, especially when Ginger died ........ I couldn't even watch War Horse because I knew I would just be a gibbering wreck.

Armageddon made me cry.... I loved the song from Aerosmith