Shebop

What Foods Do You Hate?

116 posts in this topic

Just wondering if there are any other members have foods they just can't eat, no matter how popular or of the moment they are? For me it's lamb/mutton, even the smell of it cooking makes me feel queasy. I'm also a hater of any offal, like livers, kidneys or heart.

Besides meat, the one food which is very much on trend lately and I just cannot stomach is goat's cheese, or any goat's produce. Hate feta as well. Honestly if that is put on my plate at all that's my whole meal ruined. Parmesan cheese is also off the list for me, it smell like vomit! Wonder if I'm alone in this, as everyone seems to go mad for it at the moment here in Ireland. Also, brussels sprouts, the one vegetable I cannot abide, probably as a result of being almost force fed them as a kid, yuck!

I'm not a fan of brussel sprouts. I like some offal. Or, as we call it, innards. I do enjoy parmesan. It's a must on pasta. I don't mind feta. I grew up having lamb & think it's delicious. Though, I know it can have a strong taste for some. My grandma made yummy lamb chops. Lamb isn't found in too many restaurants here. At least, not American. It is in Indian & Greek. There are very few things I won't eat or try. If a dish happens to have something I'm not into, I just remove it. It won't put me off from eating the rest. I don't care for spicy, but, most restaurants offer medium or mild versions.

Hahah this is funny Shebop. I'm with you on the offal. As kids we used to call Kidneys "Piss strainers" lol. Lamb or Mutton is OK especially BBQ they are good. Brussel sprouts can make you fart, so real handy to get even with your kids. lol. Yeah No Parmeson, does smell like vomit. To sum that up for me is NO Pork, I can't eat it at all. My stomach refuses to digest it. NO Offal and NO Parmeson. My stomach is sensitive now so NO cury either. :)

Pork sausages, no and steak makes me ill. I only like bacon/ham in baked goods otherwise it's out. I only like European salami on the pork front to be honest without that pork is out.

True aversion to raw tomatoes, the thought of that in my mouth is just awful in itself. Raw onions especially large chunks. I'm not a fan of cream sauces, don't want my pasta, meat, fish or anything else lost in a sea of that. I don't like "British or Breakfast tea" - everyone thinks every person in the UK drinks tea, no. I also don't like soda or carbonated water at all, and hold all ice hate my drinks overly chilled and I don't like my food piping hot, I burn my tongue really easily :P clearly special!

Give me all the Parmesan and hot curries then - love spicy food and Parmesan is one of the only cheeses I can eat without sensitives!

I can't stand lamb, asparagus or marmite. Gross!

Parmesan cheese is also off the list for me, it smell like vomit!

Glad I'm not the only one. I really don't want to be confronted by what looks and smells like a vomit-slick on my food... :bad:

Jelly as in the wibbly wobbly kind not the American jam. I really really dislike jelly - the texture, the wobbliness and just the way it looks. Yuck!

Peas, lima beans. EWWW!!!

Any kind of mornay, people keep telling me "oh Rox just wait till you try my mornay" whether it be tuna or lobster or whatever...it makes no difference if anyone makes me eat mornay I will vomit over them Excorcist style for all eternity.

I wouldn't say I hate it ...just don't like watercress, don't care for the taste.

I could go on for days about what foods I don't like lol I'm a picky eater. People around me get frustrated sometimes with me because of how picky I am. Onions is on the top of my hate list though haha

Beets, MUSHROOMS (ICKKK!!), deer, fish.

Pork chops

Oysters

I avoid meat most of the time. Also shrimp and lobster. These are psychological and ethically based.

For taste: Lima beans, radishes, sauerkraut, Brussels sprout, peanut butter, all Thai food, raw kale, standalone bananas, green olives, Kalamata olives, Swiss cheese, blackberries (not to be confused with black raspberries,) oranges.

I will try anything once, but I'm also quite picky. There are surely more, but those spring to mind.

I'm very picky... Potato, carrot, olives, beans, tomato (tomato sauce is good though), lima beans, watermelon, beets, avocado, paprika, papaya, pineapple, pumpkin, mushrooms, liver, panettone and many stuff I don't even care to know the name.

I suppose I don't like any potential salad ingredient and healthy food in general hehe

Okra, eggplant, Brussels sprouts come to mind very easily..... (Insert disgusted expression here) ugh!

Okra, eggplant, Brussels sprouts come to mind very easily..... (Insert disgusted exp<b></b>ression here) ugh!

I'm with you on the okra and I've been warn about the Brussels sprouts. .lol

Black olives...I can't stand them!

The only food that I can think of that I can't stand the taste of is lima beans...

But I have bizarre food issues. I can't eat most beans, the texture literally makes me gag. They always feel gritty, like I am eating sand! I have had I don't know how many people tell me, "But you haven't tried MY beans!" Doesn't matter, can't do it. Not gonna do it. Unless you just want me to gag and throw up on your table!

I also can not stand for my food to touch other food. Like it makes me nauseated to see it. Always has. I can barely stand to be around other people eating their food that is touching! Although there are exceptions to this (obviously!) they are very specific and no one else can keep up with what can and can't touch but me. :)

Oh, and bananas just something artificially flavored with banana makes me ill, but that is a conditioned response because I am very allergic to them!

I cannot stand the artificial lemon flavoring, I always think of cleaners when I taste it. I really don't like meat. And there is this dried fish snack my husband LOVES that just smelling it makes me gag.I tried it once in his home country... and made him pull over to the side of the road to vomit it back up. It turned to dust in my mouth! Fish flavored dust! *gagging*

`

Turnips. - However, if someone offered me a million dollars to eat one...I'd do it.

I prefer "comfort food" over fine cuisine

I hate bacon! People always think I'm crazy, but I just never liked it. I won't even eat anything if it was cooked with bacon. I can't just take the bacon out. I know people love it so I must be weird!

Corn...I mean if it's lightly mixed in other foods, but eating it straight: no thanks. Lol

Is it strange I don't like forks particularly and favor spoons and prefer bowls to plates?

Custard is awful and should not be topping any desert ever. They come with sauces, creams or ice cream, never custard.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor