princessmononoke

Who Speaks Another Language?

61 posts in this topic

I speak English, French, Spanish, Russian and German. Mostly working with German lately, use French daily, would love to learn Brazilian Portuguese which I know the basics of

Loving the diversity of languages you speak

I can pretty much get by in Scottish Gaelic, (it's similar to the Gaelic spoken in Ireland, though not the same).

My dad's family came from The Highlands where the language was dominant. He used it when I was a small child, until my mum convinced him that 'the wee lass needs to start school at age 5 and should be speaking the language of the Sassenachs' (English).

Well in that case:

Nollaig Chridheil :santa:

:lips::lips::lips:

I know a little Italian and a little French, but not enough! I wish I knew more!

English is my second language, I speak spanish! 

Hola a todos los hispanoparlante aqui! 

English is my first language, hablo español también, hola @Tropical witch!

I studied French and Spanish at University. I even got a good grade, sadly that doesn't translate into how competent I am! :P

¡Hola a tod@s l@s hispanoparlantes! 

Bonjour aux francophones!

I'm conversational in Mandarin, though I'm out of practice at it. I learned some Greek as a child but didn't retain much.

I am fluent in Spanish (first language) and English. I can understand Italian and Portuguese pretty well, and would love to learn French. I took a semester of Arabic in college and can only say a few phrases lol.

P.S.

Hola @Tropical witch, te saluda otra Boricua desde la Florida! Espero que estes bien tras el paso de Maria. <3

I studied French because I consider it to be a beautiful language. A French accent is sexy, Paris is a romantic city, and I want to see it. That's reason enough to study a language, I think.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:38 AM, TyphoonFighter said:

I studied French and Spanish at University. I even got a good grade, sadly that doesn't translate into how competent I am! :P

Same here. If you don't use it, you lose it!