Guest Morgana142

Dentist Or Doctor?

46 posts in this topic

I don't know anyone who doesn't fear going to either one or both of these.

But who do you fear visiting the most?

Dentist or Doctor?

Edited by Morgana142

Dentist. My doctor is female. ;)

Don't mind either one but then don't visit either very often. Just switch off in the dentist chair, don't have to talk (normally spend a large part of my day talking), so probably prefer dentist.

I don't fear either, unless, it's a gyno. Get a little nervous yes. I get that way over anything that's not very pleasant and/or goes outside my normal routine. If the doctor is a gyno & not just a general one, then, I'd rather see the dentist. And, I've had three root canals & a tooth extracted. All preferable to a gyno exam. That I almost have a phobia about. Because I don't usually like penetration. The rare exception is my dh.

Doctor. Hospitals make me uncomfortable.

But the dentist with those pointy tools do make you feel a little vulnerable when you're sat back mouth agape at their mercy!

For sure the dentist!!! Although it depends on what I am going for

Doctor. I like to get that last word in, and I can't do that with a dentist. lol.

Don't mind either one but then don't visit either very often. Just switch off in the dentist chair, don't have to talk (normally spend a large part of my day talking), so probably prefer dentist.

You don't mind either!!! I don't know whether you are brave or you have a sneaky drink before you go lol.

Either way, lucky you.

Dentist 100%. Just went and was told I need a root canal :cry:

Thank goodness for nitrous oxide!!!

Neither...I'm good with both.

I'm in good health and no cavities :)

Edited by sweettotheheart

Doctor. I have anxiety about doctor visits. Even when it's just me taking one of the kids to an appointment.

The doctor! I never have much needed dental work that needs to be done and I work in the dental office so I know the questions and answers. Doctor on the other end... You can go in with a stomach ache and come out with pancreatic cancer. Or they just send you away and don't want to help! I hate going to the doctor

Doctor. My dad is a dentist and a good one. I work as a dental assistant, but I do see a lot of nervous people in the dentist office.

Neither...I'm good with both.

I'm in good health and no cavities :)

With eating all those delicious Island Pastries, I don't believe you. :no:

Don't relish visiting either, but if I had to pick one over the other I guess I feel less vulnerable at the doctor's. Hate not being in control of my own gob! :D

Oh dear, I must be odd. I don't fear either...and I actually like going to the dentist, and skip along for my check ups! Strange girl - he he :-)

With eating all those delicious Island Pastries, I don't believe you. :no:

Haha there is something to be said about getting away with indulging

btw * leaves a mango tart * for you :sarcastichand: :nyam:

The doctor most definitely. I've never had anything done to my teeth so I've no experience to frighten me off. The doctor however with their poking and prodding, no thank you.

Am fine with either until there are needles involved!

Neither. I have never really been nervous about either one. I could fall asleep in the dentist's chair!

The dentist, the sound of the drill breaks me out in a cold sweat

Dentist

I have a very nice private dentist at the moment but I still get nervous once I have to go back in that chair and open my mouth. Haven't had to have anything done for a while but am overdue a check up. Have been attending my hygienist appointments though, she is also very nice and very skilled and is kind to me as a nervous patient.

Have a new doctor since moving and not quite used to them yet. I don't so much fear as get a bit frustrated by GP,s since having hypoT.

Hospitals I HATE, in fact I think I might have hospitalophobia, if that exists. Hate the sounds and smells and sight of all the nurses rushing around completely ignoring the patients! I have to attend once a year for bloods and sometimes you get a good nurse who takes your blood and sometimes you end up with a massive bruise and sore arm for weeks. It's pot luck.