magnetism

Curly Haired Girls That Don't Want Their Hair Straightened

22 posts in this topic

never mind. It doesn't matter.

Edited by magnetism

Sometimes I straighten it other times I don't even dry it, just let it dry naturally and curly.

Yeah, the guy could have been a bit more tactful but it's never really bothered me when people voice their preference. It's my hair, I'll do as I please with it. You could try looking at it differently, he might have thought he was paying you a compliment rather than being offensive.

Sorry if my opinion offends. It's not the first time. I'll avoid any further issue with you.

I am actually entitled to an opinion. Don't quote then delete.

Whatever your problem is I won't take it personally as you don't even know me.

Lot easier to just block someone than to try to hide the thread you know.

Edited by prudence

Sorry if my opinion offends. It's not the first time. I'll avoid any further issue with you.

I am actually entitled to an opinion. Don't quote then delete.

Whatever your problem is I won't take it personally as you don't even know me.

Lot easier to just block someone than to try to hide the thread you know.

Prudence-sorry that I gave the impression that I was offended by you. I'm not offended by what you wrote, nor do I have a problem with you.

My TRUE reason for deleting my posts is bc I think that maybe my posts may not make much sense in this context. It's better to work out the issue offline and let it go. I was probably being silly anyway when making this thread...it was 6 am with no coffee. ;)

Yes, I support your right to your opinion. I hope you can understand that my actions have nothing to do with what you said.

Edited by magnetism

Anyways, I think it's true time now to really quit the forums. Prudence-I wish you all the best and again emphasize that my deleting of my posts had nothing to do with you. I don't even recall being offended by your opinions previously.

Anyways, I think it's true time now to really quit the forums. Prudence-I wish you all the best and again emphasize that my deleting of my posts had nothing to do with you. I don't even recall being offended by your opinions previously.

If you keep finding idiots on forums, stop paying attention to their opinion of you :P not sure what this thread was truly about, more than the title I assume but I'm sure it's not a big deal and hope you got some coffee magnetism!

I was actually hoping this was about curly hair. :-) I have curly hair that is all over the place and once I had a stylist tell me he wanted to straighten it and he thought I would look so great with straight hair. It took over an hour and I really didn't like the look and within no time it bounced back to all curls . :-) I like my curly hair, but I do understand people wanting hair that's not curly. I have at times envied women who had just naturally straight hair, but that's never been me and I'm ok without the extra work.

It was about curly hair lol.

I can do nothing with my natural wavy hair, it truly has a mind of its own and I have stopped trying to control it. Like you Willowgirl, I tried once to straighten it and just couldn't get used to how I looked, it just didn't look like me. So I now go for the wild look !!! suits my temperament much better :)))

I had straight hair for a few years, I used to straighten it everyday basically. The only reason I would prefer straight hair in general is for versatility. I did the chemical straightening in my teens and to be honest for the cost it wasn't worth it although it looked good. My mother could never get used to it but I think she preferred it to the various colors and the severe cuts I'd also tried. After my hair grew out it was much curlier and less frizzy than it was previously so I'm happier not to straighten it as often.

Also a lot of people thought I was Asian with straighter hair. Even my own family were like, what the?!

If you want to go straight without the effort there are some very decent wigs available now, some of you probably think that's too much but I just got done dying my friends wig for Halloween and professional wigs are less expensive than you'd think :) Straightening without decent products and if your hair is very long/thick or in poor condition is just gonna take way too much effort and if your curls are looser or more wavy you can style and play a bit more.

I tend to let my hair dry naturally and not wash it too much because I can go for a wild or slightly wavier "bed-head" if I style it a bit a few days in. I think regular small cuts help especially with curlier hair unless you're going for a wild look permanently. Luckily I can usually tame my curls with just water these days if the style is flagging.

I'm one with straight hair that wishes I could have it curly without double the amount of perm solution that anyone else needs to make it stay. I think you are all lucky with your curls and would say don't let anyone change your hair unless you truly want it.

Personally I love curly hair it's sexy! Dr Emily Grossman is gorgeous as is Liv Tyler where hers was wavy in Lords films. I can mention many more!! ;oP

I have super straight & thick hair. I usually keep it short, because, the longer it gets, it just hangs there. Very unattractively, I think. I get tired of wearing bands or clips. Sometimes I wish my hair had, at least, some wave. I wouldn't mind it longer then. I don't meet that many women with naturally curly hair. I would want to be able to run my fingers through it.

Omg curly hair is soooo sexy!!!!

Just coming onto this thread... seems like there was something messy going on at the beginning but i will respond with the innocence of the niave....

I too have curly hair, and although i straighted it while growing up, have since learned to embrace my curls and found styling and product to make it worth having. My hair seems to be one of my most memorable features (besides my personality, charm, sense of humor, etc of course ;-) -- please dont get sick, i am only joking)

anyway, if anyone needs a good site to help manage their curly hair, go to naturallycurly.com -- seriously, it helped me find a good product for the type of hair and curl i have.... surf and let me know what you think!

Step  1: Wash it

Step 2: Hope for the best

<_<

(This is what I do lol)

Love curly hair.  Have relatives with curly hair and they straighten it!  I can't even get mine to take a perm.

My wife has  beautiful long curly hair, I LOVE HER HAIR. She gets frustrated with it and every so often teases me she might get it straightened. But I think she can tell by the sheer look of horror on my face not to do it. Curly hair rocks! 

As soon as a was old enough I straightened my hair. Then I went to locs. Then I cut it all off and went back to natural. For the most part a 'wash n go' , but I twist it up for special engagements. My children say the way my hair falls reflects my mood, LOL.

On 8/23/2017 at 4:11 AM, JadeBleu15 said:

Step  1: Wash it

Step 2: Hope for the best

<_<

(This is what I do lol)

Precisely. Our hair is like a cat. We may have possession of it physically, but we will never be the master. 

Sometimes we get to have the "why, yes. I did just wake up like this!" days and most others we get the "I woke up like this and there was nothing I could do about it so I'm wearing a bandana/scarf/headband/ponytail. Look away!" days. 

43 minutes ago, N00Bi said:

Precisely. Our hair is like a cat. We may have possession of it physically, but we will never be the master. 

Sometimes we get to have the "why, yes. I did just wake up like this!" days and most others we get the "I woke up like this and there was nothing I could do about it so I'm wearing a bandana/scarf/headband/ponytail. Look away!" days. 

True story!!