singer

Burlesque Chair Dancing

17 posts in this topic

Anyone into Burlesque?

I have recently taken this up.

It is all very classy and good fun.

This week I find I have muscles in my bottom that I never knew I had!!

Lovely to see ladies of all ages, shapes and sizes gaining confidence.

We go as far as we feel comfortable in doing.

I love it!!!

I have seen it and thought it fun.

I haven't been to a class myself as I think I would be laughing more than trying to master the art.

As they say, keep dancing Singer...have fun my friend. :)

I totally want to do it! I love finding new ways to be sexy!

True art form

I have been fortunate enough to see really good Burlesque dancers at the venues I have attended. Only once, at a 40's Dance, could you tell the girl hired was actually a stripper who had been press ganged into covering that night. So many people seem to expect a stripper and nothing is further than the truth.

Good luck on the learning curve because I believe it to be a really sensual art form that involves great style

True art form

I have been fortunate enough to see really good Burlesque dancers at the venues I have attended. Only once, at a 40's Dance, could you tell the girl hired was actually a stripper who had been press ganged into covering that night. So many people seem to expect a stripper and nothing is further than the truth.

Good luck on the learning curve because I believe it to be a really sensual art form that involves great style

Thank you! xx

Hehe, I had a friend who taught this. I went to a couple of her classes. It was a lot of fun- I think we did Cristina Aguilera's "I'm a Very Good Girl." The most difficult move for me was swiveling around on the chair in spike heels and swinging my opposite leg up over the back of the chair. I think I'd need a lot more yoga in order to have the flexibility to actually make it look good lol.

Id love to take a Burlesque workshop.

Me and hubbie are going to London in March and plan to visit Proud for their Burlesque Show, im so excited!

Saw this thread , and was quickly reminded of this Cher video

Some of the steps in Burlesque dancing I have done , very sensual and are a great way to stay in shape...to the answer the question

never been to a class in general but would definitely give it a go .

Yr

Hehe, I had a friend who taught this. I went to a couple of her classes. It was a lot of fun- I think we did Cristina Aguilera's "I'm a Very Good Girl." The most difficult move for me was swiveling around on the chair in spike heels and swinging my opposite leg up over the back of the chair. I think I'd need a lot more yoga in order to have the flexibility to actually make it look good lol.

I can get my leg up and over chair whilst balancing on same.......my problem is trying to be elegant when standing from a kneeling position!!!!!

Saw this thread , and was quickly reminded of this Cher video

Some of the steps in Burlesque dancing I have done , very sensual and are a great way to stay in shape...to the answer the question

never been to a class in general but would definitely give it a go .

Go for it!! X

I've seen this done but never gave it a go! Don't think there are many classes for this about up here

I would love to try it:) ... I've only seen the movie, but loved loved it and would love to see a burlesque show:)

I've seen several burlesque shows but never learned to dance myself. Actually... I'm going to one this weekend, and another one on my birthday! The closest I've come is having a group of dancers pull me on stage and dance around me teasingly.

Burlesque is so beautiful.

It's one of the arts to learn on my to do list.

Are you still enjoying the classes?

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun! I'd love to take a class, but I'd have to drive about two or more hours to get to one.

Sounds cool! I've just seen the movie and some youtube videos but maybe I'll see a show at some point.

What are the classes like? Do they teach you general steps and then you combine them to a song or do they teach you choreography to the song?