Shebop

Trivial Things That Annoy You Intensely And Probably Shouldn't

48 posts in this topic

Ok, I'll start seeing as it's almost the Christmas season with sentimental, soppy adverts on tv, the way they slow down every Christmas song to within an inch of it's life so that it's then barely recognisable! Just annoys me that.

And another more general one, is when I have a friend or any visitor over and I offer them a cup of tea or coffee, and they just say "I don't mind, whatever you're making". Why not just answer with which is your preference? I'm boiling the kettle, it's a s easy to make one or the other! Shouldn't annoy me, but it does!

Anyone else got pet trivial hates?

I can't stand when I'm on an elevator, arrive at my floor, the door opens, and the person waiting enters before letting anybody exit. Drives me crazy!! It also annoys me for people to use toothpicks at the table at a restaurant. I would think better in the restroom? And hey....there's a big mirror in there too :-)

When someone says "I could care less"

When a co-worker clips their nails at their desk

People that breathe heavily through their nose when they chew food.

Pen clickers.

When people say it's raining "outside".

When I make someone a hot drink and they don't drink much of it and then it goes to cold. Why did you say yes to a drink if you're not gonna drink it?

Slow typers - "The one finger typers", it's usually really common in places you'd wish would be quicker..

People who make noises while eating, I don't care even if they're pleasurable and grateful noises. There's only so much Mmmhmm one can take it's off putting and awkward especially when they sometimes boarder on orgasmic sounding.. Yeah the chicken is good but reel it in!

Edited by Hungry

People that brush their hair or do their make-up on public transport, I don't care how late you're running, it's narley!

People that sneeze or cough and don't cover their mouth/nose with their hands, need I say more!

People that brush their hair or do their make-up on public transport, I don't care how late you're running, it's narley!

People that sneeze or cough and don't cover their mouth/nose with their hands, need I say more!

I agree with both...but especially the 2nd!! And if they cough or sneeze into their hand, right when they are getting ready to shake hands with you....and they still stick it out, and have a look of anticipation like, You're still going to shake aren't you?!?

Feed back requests from any place...would have posted my status comment here if I had noticed this thread first. Today I was asked for feed back on a paper towel dispenser!!!!

repetitive noises

when someone starts smoking near me

when it's hot but it's cloudy or raining a bit and people close all the windows of the non-climatized buses making us suffocate inside the bus

when it's hot but it's cloudy or raining a bit and people want to turn off the air conditioner of classrooms, stores etc

when I'm crossing the sidewalk but a car doesn't stop for me to pass, or when a bus does stop for me to pass but the car behind it overtakes the bus because the car driver thinks the bus is stopping to pick up passengers so he prefers to risk running over a pedestrian or hitting another car rather than waiting a few seconds

Really heavy perfumes...I'm always suspicious that people haven't washed and just doused themselves in a throat choking scent to mask bad hygiene.

Teeth stained with nicotine and dirty finger nails.

Heavy breathing in public places

celebrity culture

people that walk right behind you

I agree with both...but especially the 2nd!! And if they cough or sneeze into their hand, right when they are getting ready to shake hands with you....and they still stick it out, and have a look of anticipation like, You're still going to shake aren't you?!?

It is the season to be jolly....goodwill to all men (and women! ;-) ) and all that. However, seeing as it's being asked....

With you on coughing without covering mouths. How rude - and it's not difficult?!

The yellow & black 'children on board' stickers. As if that will make me somehow less likely to want to ram the car in front with my own?! Eh no.

Loud chewing. Yuk.

When I make someone a hot drink and they don't drink much of it and then it goes to cold. Why did you say yes to a drink if you're not gonna drink it?

Slow typers - "The one finger typers", it's usually really common in places you'd wish would be quicker..

People who make noises while eating, I don't care even if they're pleasurable and grateful noises. There's only so much Mmmhmm one can take it's off putting and awkward especially when they sometimes boarder on orgasmic sounding.. Yeah the chicken is good but reel it in!

That hot drink thing gets me too! I also have a friend who can't stand people making noises whilst they eat!

For me it's people playing on their phones whilst I'm trying to talk to them. I know they're a big part of life no but I just hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That hot drink thing gets me too! I also have a friend who can't stand people making noises whilst they eat!

For me it's people playing on their phones whilst I'm trying to talk to them. I know they're a big part of life no but I just hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't handle eating noises. Crunching, lip smacking, liquid pouring, none of it. I can't even handle the gloppy sound a casserole makes when you stir it. I literally have a tv or radio all the time at my house to drown out the eating noises.

Right now my biggest annoyance is "comedian" Jeff Dunham. My husband is watching his stand up special and I want to gouge out my own eyes. Dear god he is just the worst.

People that stop in the middle of the grocery aisle with their shopping cart to text or have a phone conversation. There is no room to pass on the right. There is no room to pass on the left. Also dislike when someone stops abruptly in front of me with their cart to text and I almost run into them with my cart I find it very frustrating as I just want to get my groceries in a timely manner and get out of the store. I guess I would just like to see some public 'phone etiquette'.

It is the season to be jolly....goodwill to all men (and women! ;-) ) and all that. However, seeing as it's being asked....

With you on coughing without covering mouths. How rude - and it's not difficult?!

The yellow & black 'children on board' stickers. As if that will make me somehow less likely to want to ram the car in front with my own?! Eh no.

Loud chewing. Yuk.

It's not hard at all to cover your mouth...and so many I see don't. I'm teaching my kids to sneeze and cough into their elbow, because I think it's even gross to think about doing it all over their hands. But hands are better than nothing.

And I agree with you on the loud chewing...oh my god a guy I work with sits in his cube and eats carrots, chips, nuts, everything crunchy. Which I have no problem with whatever he wants to eat, but he does it so loud, people can hear him a couple of isles over. He sounds like a cow! It's disgusting!

How about people who with a faux laugh to the extreme just to drawn attention to others...

Oh wait .....I guess that would fall in the annoying category . :lol: :sarcastichand: :laugh: :hysterical:

People that stop in the middle of the grocery aisle with their shopping cart to text or have a phone conversation. There is no room to pass on the right. There is no room to pass on the left. Also dislike when someone stops abruptly in front of me with their cart to text and I almost run into them with my cart I find it very frustrating as I just want to get my groceries in a timely manner and get out of the store. I guess I would just like to see some public 'phone etiquette'.

. Yes! This! Or those same people with their 4 teenage children in tow doing the same thing!

When people use the wrong your or you're when writing!

I'm so fussy about apostrophe crime and don't consider it trivial.

I try to be tolerant but get irritated by loud chewing; whistling; nail biting; sniffing (have been known to give total strangers tissues, usually they are grateful).

Oh, so you're picky about how you write your posts? Lol!

Oh, so you're picky about how you write your posts? Lol!

Ha ha....That's where you're... (or is it your) wrong!!! Ha ha ha. xxx

When someone says "I could care less"

When a co-worker clips their nails at their desk

People that breathe heavily through their nose when they chew food.

Pen clickers.

When people say it's raining "outside".

I hate the nail clipping....One of my colleagues does this most mornings.....I just want to shout "will you stop that".

Sneezing!! Girl sits next to me at work says she has alergies has this high pitched sneeze that she does about 15 times in a row.....not a hankie in site but all over her keyboard and phone.....not nice. Even worse when she says that's a call for you and tries to hand me her phone......oh god no please just transfer the call to mine

Nail biting...

Nail clipping sound...

SNORING!!! I think this is the only thing I could go to prison for murder and not be sorry... :)

People who try to make sense of a joke and elaborate it... why?!?! Just enjoy the joke... or don't... but don't try to explain the idea behind it...

People who are too nice... what is wrong with you? You can't always be nice... you should not like everything and everyone... can't remember more now but I'm easily annoyed... oh and I agree with grammar misuse... I'm Bosnian and still know how to use you're and your....

Edited by rubicus

Ha ha....That's where you're... (or is it your) wrong!!! Ha ha ha. xxx

(Raising my hand repeatedly and yelling 'pick me...pick me')...which ironically IS annoying. And the answer is "you're". : )