singer

Horror Films

33 posts in this topic

Love love love horror films, usually the psychological type.

I tend not to admit to this,as people tend to think it bizarre..... And I have to say,after watching The Human Centipede the other evening, maybe they are right.

A very strange subject to say the least and if you are easily disturbed or offended, then maybe this isn't the film for you.

I must say I am interested to know if anyone else has interests at complete ends of spectrum. I also love classical ballet at the theatre......what a contrast!!!!

I love horror films. Some of the new ones are hard for me because I hate really gory and bloody movies. I tend to like the older ones. But I also like psychological thrillers and suspense. Halloween. The original from the 70's is my favorite

The original Hallowe'en is a classic. I prefer psychological horror - your imagination can fill in the rest.

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane is s very old, very creepy film that I love.

I like horror/SF like Alien.

I don't like films that use cheap tricks to make you jump or gross you out, so the Centipede is not for me, or the Saw films.

The original Hallowe'en is a classic. I prefer psychological horror - your imagination can fill in the rest.

I don't like films that use cheap tricks to make you jump or gross you out, so the Centipede is not for me, or the Saw films.

I've never heard of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. I'll have to check that one out.

Yeah, I'm with you re Saw films. I did, however, like Hostel and Hostel 2.

The oldies are goodies - like the Nightmare on Elm St, Halloween and Friday 13th. :-)

Don't mind to be made to jump every now and again, heh heh !

I love the oldies, nightmare on elm street collection. I enjoyed wrong turn, the hills have eyes, Texas chainsaw massacre, wolf creek.

They do get very similar though.. Isolated house, long drive ghostly, murderer..

I like it when they have a twist- anybody seen the orphan?

I love the old Hammer House of Horror movies used to watch them with my gran when I was a wee girl......but I don't like modern day horrors

I love horror but I really hate overly done CGI. Scream was great, I actually like Saw 2, I really like The Woman In Black.

Normally I like them, especially Japanese horror movies. I don't know I haven't seen many Hollywood movies that impressed me. My two favorites are the exorcist and Jacobs ladder,

Normally I like them, especially Japanese horror movies. I don't know I haven't seen many Hollywood movies that impressed me. My two favorites are the exorcist and Jacobs ladder,

Jacob's Ladder, I've seen that a few times, what a weird and creepy film. Really plays with your mind.

The Exorcist is still consider one of the scariest horror films of all time , even so with exclusion of the edited scenes...

I also enjoy older films ...will have to look some up and name them later ..

I love Jacobs ladder, it's unnerving and it doesn't have a stereotypical ending.

I really like the old hammer horror films, and also a bit of a gross out gorefest now and again! I also like really old silent horror films if you could call them that, like nosferatu. I'm a fbit restricted in when I can watch them unfortunately, as I have to get someone to read all the text to me :(

I love the old Hammer House of Horror movies used to watch them with my gran when I was a wee girl......but I don't like modern day horrors

Watched with your gran? Lol was she tryna give you nightmares

She was more scared than I was lol

Evening ladies,

Well have to say, I had to turn the film The Ring off, as soon as she started crawling out of the television, that was too freaking much !! :O

However I like The Others, Thirteen Ghosts and I grow up watched nightmare on elm street with my brother, so like the old films too :yes:

xx

I enjoy a good horror movie, but overly disturbing ones are not my forte.

Human Centipede I watched for a few minutes and couldn't handle it...

I loved the Scream movies tho.. all 4 of them!

Nightmare on elm street is also a fav of mine along with Seven

Edited by Serenity3

Anyone seen Videodrome? A weird 80s SF horror with Debbie Harry being very sexy. If you liked Jacob's Ladder reckon you'll like this. It's David Cronenberg, he has such a brilliant and twisted imagination.

Horror Movie: Meat Train, don't watch too scary.

I can't handle horror movies. If I watch them I can't sleep and will be easily freaked out by even the littlest things for quite sometime afterwards. Call me a whimp, but it's true.I can't go in a basement and not freak out because I watched 3 episodes of American Horror Story with my 17 year old sister. She loved it, and here I was 32 at the time literally hiding under a blanket.

Horror Movie: Meat Train, don't watch too scary.

That's a great recommendation!!

Gotta love a good horror movie.. I can do gory but also like psychological thrillers. Cape fear was a standout in creating fear that you can feel in your gut without anything really happening.

The Saw movies were okay for shock value, especially the first and second, but Hostel was horrifying because you could imagine it being real!

I loved the oldies growing up , Poltergeist and Friday 13th. We recently tried to watch A Nightmare on Elm Street and it just doesn't feel the same, my kids were bored!

Love horror films, just strongly dislike watching them with people that get afraid too easily (no offense but several times a friend or relative have made my arm fall asleep because they had a death grip on my arm the entire movie... although I don't think I would mind if a cute girl was clinging to me ;) )

Favorites: 1408, When a Stranger Calls, Roman, and Dracula (1,2, and 3)

Edited by 2Confused

I enjoy a good horror movie once in a while. Last movie I watched was called "Hush." I thought it was kinda neat. An other great horror movie I have seen recently was called "The Visit." It was in theaters a few months ago. I didn't see it there, but I watched it at a friend's house. It was really good. I have seen so many crappy horror movies on Netflix.. Lol. Gory, thrillers, psychological.. Love 'em all. :D

Love horror films, just strongly dislike watching them with people that get afraid too easily (no offense but several times a friend or relative have made my arm fall asleep because they had a death grip on my arm the entire movie... although I don't think I would mind if a cute girl was clinging to me ;) )

Favorites: 1408, When a Stranger Calls, Roman, and Dracula (1,2, and 3)

I get the same. No one holds onto me, but my family never watch horror movies with me. They don't like them.. But I have a friend that loves them as much as I do! :D Also, 1408 was also a great movie! So many wtf moments lol.

The breed, its about a couple of rabies infeced dogs that goes for the kill really nerve wrecking espessially if u lov edogs in general...