abbey_rd

Older Women

171 posts in this topic

i'm 27. i have dated both younger and older women. they all give me different experiences.

i do realize i can't help but get a much easier connection with older women and most of them were amazed by this as well. like i'm young and we're surprised that we click and attract to one another. however, i've never gone for anyone older than my mom's age. i don't know why. it just doesn't feel right in my book ;x

When I was 19 at Uni I met a woman in her early 30s and it may sound a bit strange I became her willing lover. It was intense but her sense of inner security helped ground me.

When I was 19 at Uni I met a woman in her early 30s and it may sound a bit strange I became her willing lover. It was intense but her sense of inner security helped ground me.

With respect older women simply have more life-skills...they tend to know where they're at with life, what they're about, what they want & what they have to offer, which imo can be so beneficial to a younger woman. I'm much more laid back these days...even with dramas going on around me at present! Maybe I'm biased, (yep! I am coming up to the big 50 afterall!!) but my advice to you younger girls would be...."forget age!....go with the flow & enjoy the ride..." If there's mileage in the experience/relationship, even better!" To all you young ladies out there.... :giverose: I'm such a bloody flirt lol!

I have never thought of that! I would be very flattered if a younger woman was attracted by me!! Sadly it's been a while since a woman has shown interest in me... only men have! :wacko: I would totally hit on me if I was younger... hehehehe.

....I would totally hit on me if I was younger... hehehehe.

Like your style HaHa! :yes:

I am attracted to older women, I find I can connect with them easier. I am quite mature for my age and find that even with friendships that I seem to gravitate towards older women. It's nice to no I'm not alone.

I'm 47 and I would't say I'm attracted to younger women in general, although I certainly appreciate their physical beauty and style. Sometimes though when I'm talking with a younger woman and the conversation is going really well I suddenly become aware that I am attracted to her personality. It's a surprising and wonderful feeling and I forget all about age and just enjoy her presence, and I imagine that she is enjoying mine.

These posts just made my day as some times I think about getting older and having discovered this side of me after living a few summers.....lol. I seem to attract younger people. My husband is 4 years younger and my ex-crushes were about 7-10 years younger. I couldn't date anyone much younger than 10 years but again if personality and mutual attraction is a good fit I would give it some thought. There are Undeniable pros and cons to both but I'm sure all kinds of relationships have pros and cons.

This is such a heartening thread, I like all the posts.

I am attracted to older women, I find I can connect with them easier. I am quite mature for my age and find that even with friendships that I seem to gravitate towards older women. It's nice to no I'm not alone.

I am the same way. I have always been close with all of my teachers and am still friends with a lot of them now. You're definitely not alone :)

This is such a heartening thread, I like all the posts.

I'm glad! :) Thank you everyone for sharing and opening up!

With respect older women simply have more life-skills...they tend to know where they're at with life, what they're about, what they want & what they have to offer, which imo can be so beneficial to a younger woman. I'm much more laid back these days...even with dramas going on around me at present! Maybe I'm biased, (yep! I am coming up to the big 50 afterall!!) but my advice to you younger girls would be...."forget age!....go with the flow & enjoy the ride..." If there's mileage in the experience/relationship, even better!" To all you young ladies out there.... :giverose: I'm such a bloody flirt lol!

This sounds a bit like me now. Lol. I enjoy flirting. Fires you up and makes you feel alive. I think I was late 40s before I actually flirted with anyone. I think it took me all that time to build me confidence. ;)

I've enjoyed this thread as well. I was always attracted to older people but now it's reversing. I'm finding older woman and men my age are too old. (Mentally). I think we appreciate life better now. We see so much crap in the world. We have the experience to go with the desires. Maybe this is what they mean by life begins at 40. Or 50, whichever version you like better. For me, I'd go with 50. Lol.

This sounds a bit like me now. Lol. I enjoy flirting. Fires you up and makes you feel alive. I think I was late 40s before I actually flirted with anyone. I think it took me all that time to build me confidence. ;)

I've enjoyed this thread as well. I was always attracted to older people but now it's reversing. I'm finding older woman and men my age are too old. (Mentally). I think we appreciate life better now. We see so much crap in the world. We have the experience to go with the desires. Maybe this is what they mean by life begins at 40. Or 50, whichever version you like better. For me, I'd go with 50. Lol.

So true Vampire...you do come to realise what's more important in life the older we get....what we've probably thought of as "dramas/big issues" in the past...you just come to realise the triviality of it tbh!?

I'm such a bubbly character with a "life's too short attitude", love having a laugh & a giggle (not at anyone's expense btw, but just in general), and a bit of harmless flirting....it certainly does make you feel alive & kicking lol! so why not?

I'm loving your comment.."We (older women) have the experience to go with the desires"...how very true ;)

To all you young ladies out there.... :giverose: I'm such a bloody flirt lol!

I have always fantasised about an older female Middlesbrough supporter flirting with me!

Haha Couldn't resist it. You made me smile :)

I have never thought of that! I would be very flattered if a younger woman was attracted by me!! Sadly it's been a while since a woman has shown interest in me... only men have! :wacko: I would totally hit on me if I was younger... hehehehe.

You are gorgeous! :wub:

You are gorgeous! :wub:

OMG! Thank you!!!!! Kisses! :*

Well, as a near 40 yo, this is encouraging!

I have always fantasised about an older female Middlesbrough supporter flirting with me!

Haha Couldn't resist it. You made me smile :)

Easy tiger lol! :heat:

Firthsal, Who is your footie team btw? Go on be brave, please tell...I won't laugh!!! But please note: I do have standards...when it comes to footie hahaha! Says me..Boro', not even in the Premier League YET!! But once we reach the "promised land...the Prem", then...I think this gives me a little more prestige!!! :hysterical: Yep....just can't help my cheeky little self :no: :D

OMG! Thank you!!!!! Kisses! :*

You are more than welcome ;)!!!

Hello, abbey, dear. I'm 42 and i believe we could become friends with you. Am I right?

Well, as a near 40 yo, this is encouraging!

Couldn't agree more hun....I'm nearly 50!!!! Whoa!

Seriously, I like how the younger generation can be & are allowed to be, more open now about their sexuality ( in a lot of cases anyway?)...In my day, way back in the "dark ages" of Society hahaha!...I encountered soooo much repression etc about sexuality, which led to me suppressing my feelings & not being my true-self...until now!!! That's why I'm loving the ShyBi site...the reading,sharing, advice, support etc etc of like minded women :yes: :imsohappy:

Couldn't agree more hun....I'm nearly 50!!!! Whoa!

Seriously, I like how the younger generation can be & are allowed to be, more open now about their sexuality ( in a lot of cases anyway?)...In my day, way back in the "dark ages" of Society hahaha!...I encountered soooo much repression etc about sexuality, which led to me suppressing my feelings & not being my true-self...until now!!! That's why I'm loving the ShyBi site...the reading,sharing, advice, support etc etc of like minded women :yes: :imsohappy:

This is so true! It just wasn't talked about when I was younger.

This is so true! It just wasn't talked about when I was younger.

Hey UV, now I see the fascination about older women?! :maninlove: ....the younger girls know that we were "gagged about it"...& now they think we're "gagging for it"!!!!!!!! :lol::hysterical: What do you think lol! Sorry couldn't resist it.... :ashamed0005: