abbey_rd

Older Women

174 posts in this topic

I honestly feel like I can fall with anyone of legal age regardless of sex, gender, race, creed (and, yes, age group). However, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a preference for older individuals. I hit puberty at a young age, and around that "wonderful" time of sexual discovery I was constantly surrounded by family friends who were all my parent's age. So, people in my age group started to look unappealing early on. Of course, as an adult I find people my own age more appealing than I did then...but my fondness for older people hasn't gone away. In fact, the age range I'm mainly attracted to only seems to get higher! I'm rather naive and young looking, so I doubt any of them would like me back! Oh well, a girl can dream :wub:

I haven't dated a woman yet. I do find younger woman attractive but fanatasize/picture myself with someone my own age (33) or close to it when it comes to women. 

On 2016-02-08 at 11:23 PM, abbey_rd said:

That is how I feel with older women. I have not had kids of my own, and I understand how body image is an issue for almost all women! But don't be insecure. I find insecurities to be the sexiest thing in a woman. :)

So very totally agree, thanks for putting it into words! That's why I have always been attracted to older women. Time, life and experiences have left such a precious, remarkable mark on their body and their mind, which only make them more real, more true, more... She's had 3 kids, of course I'm not expecting plastic perfection. I'm expecting the body to fit with the soul I'm falling for. With the shyness and the uncertainty that comes with it.  

At the moment at had two prospective love interests. A lady 41 who is petite with long blond hair. The other is a man who is 31 and 6'6". They couldn't be more different but each has things that attract me to them. I'd Swy I'm mostly attracted to their personalities and intellect. Physically the eyes and smiles. Who know what will happen but they both want to date me and I'm keeping myself open to whatever may come.

i often feel attracted to older women, especially when their wrinkles tell stories of laughter and wonder. These women seem to have halos of grace and composure. They don't seem to hurry, or strain, or worry because they already know they are where they're meant to be and where they're going next. They also tend to have a unique fashion sense, expressing themselves through clothes collected over time, instead of opting for whatever is currently in season. The same goes for their values and out look.

On 8/20/2017 at 10:25 AM, Hammy said:

I honestly feel like I can fall with anyone of legal age regardless of sex, gender, race, creed (and, yes, age group). However, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a preference for older individuals. I hit puberty at a young age, and around that "wonderful" time of sexual discovery I was constantly surrounded by family friends who were all my parent's age. So, people in my age group started to look unappealing early on. Of course, as an adult I find people my own age more appealing than I did then...but my fondness for older people hasn't gone away. In fact, the age range I'm mainly attracted to only seems to get higher! I'm rather naive and young looking, so I doubt any of them would like me back! Oh well, a girl can dream :wub:

@Hammy - How much older is older than you? So old women would feel you could be their daughter or 10-15 years older? Lol - regardless I think you would be surprised that older women would feel flattered and if the connection is there on all levels I don't think it would matter. I reckon an older woman that's insecure about her body would think you wouldn't be interested because you don't have the mom flab yet lol! Having said that, older women have often made peace with their bodies and if you embraced the jelly belly probably no issues lol (not all moms - some moms did manage to get back to completely flat tummies but the majority)

@Shy_Kat My boyfriend is 9 years older than me, and I'm ashamed to say that's younger than most of my crushes. My female crush is around 20 years older...so yes, one could think I was their daughter. At the same time, people would often mistake me for being on a date with my dad who is 25 years older than me :O ! I guess it depends how the person carries themselves. 

And I haven't even had children, but I would say I have a bit of that jelly belly! Not a crazy amount (I'm rather petite), but I do have a bit of chub there, so I don't judge! I actually find a little belly flab cute. 

4 hours ago, Hammy said:

@Shy_Kat My boyfriend is 9 years older than me, and I'm ashamed to say that's younger than most of my crushes. My female crush is around 20 years older...so yes, one could think I was their daughter. At the same time, people would often mistake me for being on a date with my dad who is 25 years older than me :O ! I guess it depends how the person carries themselves. 

And I haven't even had children, but I would say I have a bit of that jelly belly! Not a crazy amount (I'm rather petite), but I do have a bit of chub there, so I don't judge! I actually find a little belly flab cute. 

@Hammy love it! As long as an attraction is mutual who cares what other people think of an age difference! And love your description of your belly - if an older woman was feeling insecure no doubt they would see very quickly that you are at ease. Doesn't matter if your crush is 20 years older than you! 

You rock!

Have a great one : )

On 9/10/2017 at 10:57 PM, southern star said:

i often feel attracted to older women, especially when their wrinkles tell stories of laughter and wonder. These women seem to have halos of grace and composure. They don't seem to hurry, or strain, or worry because they already know they are where they're meant to be and where they're going next. They also tend to have a unique fashion sense, expressing themselves through clothes collected over time, instead of opting for whatever is currently in season. The same goes for their values and out look.

Laugh lines are so beautiful. They tell a story of somebody who is unafraid to feel deeply and live life fully.

Most of my crushes have all been older woman.  Strength, confidence, and wisdom seem to draw me in. I usually find that in older women. They are so happy in their skin, have overcome obstacles and heartbreak and not afraid of whatever is coming next. The calm that surrounds them even when being insane. I find all of that Incredibly sexy.

They say age is  just a number, but that's not really true. Age is part of who a person is, and a person is never just a number. So sometimes age is experience, confidence, strength,sphistication,  and the knowledge of how to navigate life and adversity. And sometimes it's intense, giddy, unfamiliar feelings, openness to new experience, eagerness to taste and sample what life has to offer. It's energy and a sense of wonder combined with vulnerability.

Is it any wonder that the two can attract each other?

1 hour ago, Sithandra said:

They say age is  just a number, but that's not really true. Age is part of who a person is, and a person is never just a number. So sometimes age is experience, confidence, strength,sphistication,  and the knowledge of how to navigate life and adversity. And sometimes it's intense, giddy, unfamiliar feelings, openness to new experience, eagerness to taste and sample what life has to offer. It's energy and a sense of wonder combined with vulnerability.

Is it any wonder that the two can attract each other?

Totally agree. 

You've really nailed it here. 

Edited by Vampire

On 8/20/2017 at 10:25 AM, Hammy said:

I was very similar when i was young.  Like you, i always got on with older people as my friends were so immature. At 54 now, i prefer younger people. A younger person around me keeps me young at heart. I appreciate life, and beauty more. I can't stop my body aging but i can keep my mind young. I didn't get married until 31. My first child at 33. I still have an 18 year old at home. And last year i finally finished with the school stuff. I'd give anything for a younger wonan to crush on me. Such a thrill to even know i could ever turn anyone on. Gee, my head would swell so much i wouldn't get in the door. I'd treat her like a princess.  Now who's dreaming. Lol.

As an older woman, I'd be so thrilled to have a younger woman crush on me. Age isn't a drama unless the gap is big. It can be a problem in a relationship tho as the older partner can have kids the same age, that can be so awkward. There will be differences in music, and social activities. All will make it so hard on the new found lovers. But... when your heart imprints on another person, and the chemistry really fires up, then it's who gives a crap, your hot baby. I'm yours. 

And...  if us older woman look at a younger woman.... yep, we are an old perv. Mind you, I've tripped over my tongue a few time going shopping. 

Edited by Vampire

By all means @Vampire, perv on! :air_kiss:

I'm 36 and most of the women I'm usually attracted to are early 40's to early 50's. No idea why. I wouldn't be opposed to being with someone my age or younger, but for some reason I usually crush on the ladies that are 5-15 years older than me. :blush:

I dated a 26 year old woman. I'm 51. We just vibe. We don't go out as much now. She's in a different stage of life. She's wild and free. A free spirit as she calls it. She is forever calling herself crazy. I'm more laid back. Don't see it lasting much longer. That being said. I think relationships with an age difference can last. It just depends on the two people involved and how they feel.

Hi,

Regardless of sexual orientation, I think that we are 'programmed' by society to believe certain connections are unnatural,frowned upon and therefore off limits.Which of course only serves to make such unions more appealing...a case of 'forbidden fruit' tasting better.In an ideal world, once you are a consenting adult, age should be immaterial. On a personal level, if I'm told I cannot have something(or someone)...I want it all the more.Maybe it's the Rebel in me?! We should simply follow our gut instinct...it's usually right.

On 2/8/2016 at 2:46 AM, abbey_rd said:

So I am only twenty-one, but I fantasize about being with an older woman. By older I mean anyone from 30 to 60...

I have always been attracted to older women and I'm not quite sure why. I was wondering if any of the older women on this site have fantasized about being with someone young like me or if any younger women on here have the same feelings as me?!

I would love to hear your stories and opinions

Thanks xo

This is me 100%. I am 23 and I'm extremely attracted to mature women. I think 45-55 is the sweet spot for me. There is just something so incredibly sexy about a woman with life experience and wisdom. To me age is just a number but it's about the chemistry for me. I want a woman who can be a bit dominant with me and/or provide me with leadership and I think I have the best chance of finding that with an older woman. 

2 minutes ago, AlyssaB said:

This is me 100%. I am 23 and I'm extremely attracted to mature women. I think 45-55 is the sweet spot for me. There is just something so incredibly sexy about a woman with life experience and wisdom. To me age is just a number but it's about the chemistry for me. I want a woman who can be a bit dominant with me and/or provide me with leadership and I think I have the best chance of finding that with an older woman. 

More likely from someone older, yes, but not necessary. I'm getting a fair bit of dominance and leadership from a 27-year-old and I'm only a year younger than you.

I seem to be into older woman.  My current out of control crush is 10 years older so not too much.   But even in terms of celebrities I find I think older ones are hotter!  And I seem to like blonde now (in women) but may be prejudice as the woman I want for the last year is blonde.  But her natural hair color is black - which I have yet to see (except roots lol) because I have only known her for just over a year.  Hubby loves redheads-  me lol - although I am officially strawberry blonde n not red!

Digging this up from 2017---

Do I fantasize about being with a younger woman?  Not really but I tend to have more in common and socialize with younger people.  I believe most of my friends are in their late 20s into early to mid 40s.  I anticipate that if I was to date a woman that she would be younger but I wouldn't fantasize about someone strictly because he/she is younger.

Some posters in this thread state that  they are looking for someone to be dominant.  I'm not sure I understand.  I would look for someone I have things in common and we can enjoy together; but I would not want to control or "mother" her.  Nothing is a bigger turn off than that in my mind.

As for older women being confident, established, etc., I think generally it is true.  However, young people can possess those traits as well.  One thing that I have that a younger (think 20s) woman may not, is financial security.  Being financially secure and established gives me freedom to travel or say f-it, to things, whereas a younger person may not be able to do so.

BTW, it doesn't surprise me how many younger women are into older women and men.  Younger men are always trying to pick me up and it used to surprise me until I asked a close male friend about it.  Long story short, he said age doesn't matter as long as an attraction is there.  Makes sense I guess.  On the plus side, a few of the men who tried to pick me up have become very good friends.    

Edited by Active Life
grammar

How does that old saying go?

"Older women, younger whiskey, faster horses"

Hmmm.  No I don't think that's quite it.

Dunno

Ame

I appreciate the sentiment about large age differences within couples being 'not a problem', but I think depending on the circumstances it can be (not necessarily insurmountable, but there all the same). I probably mentioned it before but two of my closest friends are married with ten years difference and while they work really well together I only remember that there is such a large age gap when she doesn't understand or relate to something we're talking about - and then I realise it's because we're discussing something from a time in which she hadn't even been born yet!

For me, I tend to stay around a few years older or younger than myself, although after seeing her in a few movies I have a bit a of a crush on Sally Hawkins - but then she's only around ten years older than I am. I have a colleague who gets on really well with everyone at work, I think she's around ten years younger but she already has a boyfriend.