Leopard

Carol

28 posts in this topic

I went to see Carol the other night with a friend and yes you can read the reviews but it was a tender, beautifully filmed complex romantic, sensual interesting movie. I wondered about the sex scene being with a friend but it was subtle and beautiful passionate and playful.

It placed that whole area of women's lives and knowledge of and awareness of gay/ lesbian/bi within an historical context. An intensely human and sympathetic superbly acted experience.

then i must watch it today. i got the movie on my computer but i kept postponing for some reasons. maybe i want to keep the best for last. lol

i've recently watched "the girl king", which isn't exactly good acting in my opinion, but the sceneries and screen sets are lovely. it also traced back to real history and i can't imagine women at early century started to act on their feelings.

it's funny because I also went to watch it yesterday with a friend. We both liked it. I found it beautifully filmed and find that in the scenes full of silence where only their eyes were talking wonderfully played by both. I wasn't a big fan of both actresses before but I found them beautiful in the film, especially Cate Blanchett, and I loved the photos.

I know some people didn't like it and some found it too long, it seemed to pass quickly for me, and despite being very much different from the book, it is none the worse, imo. I'd like to watch it again some time. I'm glad you liked it too

I went to see Carol the other night with a friend and yes you can read the reviews but it was a tender, beautifully filmed complex romantic, sensual interesting movie. I wondered about the sex scene being with a friend but it was subtle and beautiful passionate and playful.

It placed that whole area of women's lives and knowledge of and awareness of gay/ lesbian/bi within an historical context. An intensely human and sympathetic superbly acted experience.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking forward to seeing it :)

When I saw the previews, it looked intriguing. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. It seems interesting and Cate Blanchett is a great actress. That voice of hers too. It's beautiful.

It was a beautiful film to watch and Cate Blanchett is divine. However I found it a bit too stylised. Probably that's down to the repressed nature of the era, but I found it difficult to connect emotionally with any of the characters.

Oh I agree with everyone's opinion , it's anot utterly gorgeous movie and both Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara are amazing in it, their chemistry is sizzling:) I've watched it 5 times lol and read the book twice before I saw the movie. Couldn't recommend it more:)))

Sorry that was supposed to read an utterly gorgeous movie.......I seriously can't type lol

me and the lady in my life went to see this and thought it was utterly amazing, 2nd to that we have recently seen The Danish Girl and couldn't fault the film at all and the parts so well played!

Oh my gosh! Just watched the trailer for this and I'm gonna watch it tonight I think.

Any other recommendations to similar movies?

Thanks shys <3

Am the only one who thought this was a bit of a wash out? There's a difference between slow pace and uneventful after all.

Undoubtedly Cate Blanchett is gorgeous, style wise the movie was quietly beautiful, but overly polished. For the time period it was spot on in terms of norms and realism. However, I always feel that same sex films get hailed as wonderful because they speak to the viewer in subject matter, that alone doesn't make a great movie.

It wasn't bad in the slightest, but I was hoping for more from the film in general.

I've read the book and watched the movie - personally preferred the book, but the casting and tension was beautifully executed on screen.

Am the only one who thought this was a bit of a wash out? There's a difference between slow pace and uneventful after all.

Undoubtedly Cate Blanchett is gorgeous, style wise the movie was quietly beautiful, but overly polished. For the time period it was spot on in terms of norms and realism. However, I always feel that same sex films get hailed as wonderful because they speak to the viewer in subject matter, that alone doesn't make a great movie.

It wasn't bad in the slightest, but I was hoping for more from the film in general.

I watched it last night and was a little disappointed, especially with the ending. Did she or didn't she move in with her?!

I want to watch it so bad!

I still haven't watched it and probably won't for awhile, but I'm even more curious now with all these comments about it.

I still haven't watched it and probably won't for awhile, but I'm even more curious now with all these comments about it.

Me either, until it comes out on dvd. lol

I watched it last night and was a little disappointed, especially with the ending. Did she or didn't she move in with her?!

We have no way of knowing whether they moved in together because of the abrupt/mid-air ending but I think it's fair to assume that Therese pushed uncertainty aside and has made her choice to be together with Carol which in my mind will eventually see them living together. I must admit although I think the ending is kind of premature which leaves us viewers very very unsatisfied but I love love love the look that they share. That single moment is magnificently emotionally charged. It's the kind of scene where nothing needs to be said because in that stare all the questions in the world are answered and all the doubts fade to be replaced by something so raw and pure, that here is the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with and nothing else matters.

I saw this film recently and loved it , but i liked Room in Rome much more

Cind's

I loved it. watched it twice as for now. not counting the times I re played some sequences on you tube. I m obsessing on Cate Blanchett now

I'd never heard of this movie until I read this post and OMG, Cate Blanchett, I'm in love, how elegant! Rooney Mara is cute too.I will make a point of seeing this movie.

I've just finished the book, which I found annoying and slow until the very last chapter ... I loved the ending.

Looking forward to seeing the DVD in a couple of weeks.

Its very good, slow to start but all comes together in the second half

Cate Blanchet, god....

very good movie though, highly recommend it.

Actually might read the book. Its not often that a movie inspires me to read, its usually. The other way around.

Cate Blanchet is amazing in this film and the film itself is great - this is why we need more female screenwriters!!