Confused1203

What's That's Song You Play When You Are Really Down?

66 posts in this topic

I was wondering what people listen to when they are going through heart break or just depressed. Do you feel out that emotion or try and chase it away with the music?

List a few songs if it's more of a play list kind of thing.

I'm not sure what to call it what I'm going through...is an end of something(it can be called a break up I guess). There is this playlist of songs I listen to when I'm down and I just let myself feel it out until I can function again. So of course I'll listen to it on repeat.

Gravity-Sara Bareilles (just added only because it's so fitting and a beautiful song)

Let Her Go-Jasmine Thompson (Cover of Passenger)

Stay- Jasmine Thompson (Cover of Rihanna)

Love the Way You Lie- Skylar Grey (Cover of Rihanna)

Say Something-Jasmine Thompson (Cover)

Really Jasmine Thompson anything, because her voice is so beautiful. There are tons of songs I won't list them all. It's getting me through it..especially in the beginning.

Sometimes I feel like a wallow so I'll put on Adele, especially Someone Like You from 21.

Other times I want something raucous to say "what the hell do I care" so I'll put on Peaches and Iggy Pop - Kick It or anything by The Ramones or Savages or L7.

Sorry to hear you're going through stressful times. Music helps a lot.

When I get into one of those moods, I always start out with Excess Baggage- Staind. It is a very special song to me so it helps to alter my mood.

Sometimes I feel like a wallow so I'll put on Adele, especially Someone Like You from 21.

Other times I want something raucous to say "what the hell do I care" so I'll put on Peaches and Iggy Pop - Kick It or anything by The Ramones or Savages or L7.

Sorry to hear you're going through stressful times. Music helps a lot.

Inteesing choice of music, I like it. Yeah Adele is definitely something I listen to as well. If I can't cry and want to I will just put on her music and the tears just flow. Lol.

When I get into one of those moods, I always start out with Excess Baggage- Staind. It is a very special song to me so it helps to alter my mood.

Staid is another awesome band. I'll have to listen to that one I don't think I've heard it.

I just wrote a whole response to this thread, then noticed I read the title wrong lol.

Thought it said: What's that song you play while you're getting down.

My reply wouldn't make sense here. That would be for a different thread.

Sorry.

Edited by Girlygirl

Staid is another awesome band. I'll have to listen to that one I don't think I've heard it.

Excess baggage is the secret song on the Dysfunction album. You would have had to let the cd play for a while after the last song and it just pops up. It is a very good song imo.

i am listening Lita Ford -close my eyes,Metallica -Nothing else matters and few others in greek

If im feeling down I tend to try and listen to relaxing music or meditate to help me feel a bit better. Anything that sounds sad or low just sends me deeper into the dark haha, so i try to avoid it.

I really love and appreciate music with lots of emotion though so i listen when im feeling o.k in myself :)

Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap, and Mother We Just Can't Get Enough by New Radicals

I stop listening to music when I'm down, I need to feel & understand where the pain is coming from and music diverts me from that by altering my mood.

February Song or Love Only Knows, Josh Groban. But they make me cry, and I don't like that, so I have to be really down to listen to them.

when I am really down I don t even feel like listening to any music :wacko:

when I am really down I don t even feel like listening to any music :wacko:

I feel like that too most times when I'm down, but if I hear some music in the background that is upbeat, I often find myself tapping my foot or humming along and then my mood lightens. Some songs that have that affect on me are:

Budapest by George Ezra

and

What I Wouldn't Do by Serena Ryder.

I typically don't have a preference for what type of music I like to listen to when I'm in a bad mood, but I like 90's Japanese music quite a bit during many of those instances. It gives me a happy feeling of nostalgia. When I'm really mad, I find myself listening to the song, 'My Girls' by Animal Collective. Singing it while I'm unhappy puts me in a better spot, mentally.

I've found that lately when I'm down and try to listen to music, it mostly amounts to me going through music I like only to find myself feeling numb to it all and giving up. Otherwise, I listen to a few songs that are more on the sad side until I'm ready for an upbeat thing. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few songs...

Hurt- Johnny Cash version

Flogging Molly's Float (

) and Don't Let Me Die Still Wondering (
)

Silver Spring- Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac (

) as well as Gold Dust Woman (
)

Ticket to the Moon- Electric Light Orchestra

Revolving Door- Gorillaz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H58x-4xFnTY

Sara Bareilles songs like Uncharted (

) and Come Round Soon (
)

Real Folk Blues- Cowboy Bebop ending theme (when my inner otaku is sad as well and which leads me to listening to Tank! and getting so pumped that I want to like punch a bear) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftxDrStny8

Can testify that music can be a phenomenal in the emotional healing department.

like right now i guess

The temple of the Holy

Ian Gillan

If I'm feeling singled out, Jimmy Eat World - The Middle. Classic song for the underdog haha.

Otherwise I listen to a heap of stuff. Sometimes instrumental music is best because it will just calm me down.

To be honest this topic is really sensitive for me but there are a few choices to go with. You can go for the upbeat songs to try and turn your mood around, for example "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba (

) or "Wake Up Boo" (
). Personally I listen to songs that let me feel like "Wow, I'm not alone in feeling like this, for example when my dad died I listened to "Things My Father Said" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VNthEJlSdwor) or "So Far Away" by Avenged Sevenfold (
) because they lost a friend of around 18 years too. It's all about personal preference to be honest, hope this helped. :)

Chopin- Nocturne in C sharp Minor

B52's -love shack

That's easy, mine would be How soon is now? By the Smiths

Ok I am a bit young for this song, but my go to cheer me up song is "Walking in Memphis" by Marc Cohen. My song for melancholy with a silver lining is Mozart's Clarinet concerto adagio, and when I want to wallow, well, the possibilities are endless.