myladylove

Swearing Thread - A Place To Vent Your Frustrations

247 posts in this topic

Any of you ladies fancy a swearing thread, ie somewhere where we can get the anger frustration and stress out of our systems with a few choice words? It's quite good therapy and can lead to some discussions and support.

With mod approval of course...

I actually like the sound of this! Handy when there's nobody around on social websites to vent to! :D Wonder if it will be allowed?

Fuck Yes!

Believe it or not I don't swear a huge amount. I tend to swear when I am joking, when I am out enjoying myself, when I am frustrated and I also say fuck a lot when having sex....but at other times, not fucking much!

*so really the only time you don't swear is in front of kids*....errr Yes...

Note to self: your last post was probably not a good idea, what sort of impression are you giving people?

Second note to self: F*** O**!

Lol, at least myself amd myladylove are not alone in wanting to vent off now and again! It's good to let rip now and again! Fuck yeah! :D

Note to self: your last post was probably not a good idea, what sort of impression are you giving people?

Second note to self: F*** O**!

Who fucking cares what other people think!! Stephen Fry, the brilliant and erudite man that he is loves to swear. And I'm with him when he says why wouldn't you make full use of those wonderfully expressive, risque, socially dangerous words? They are amazing. I swear a lot admittedly, but I also love our language so for me it's proportionate.

I mean who doesn't say shitballs!? It's wonderful!

I don't generally swear AT people, but sometimes I use an expletive, or the English language vernacular :D as it's often common place in Ireland to use it in place of something else to express yourself more clearly. It just sounds more exciting sometimes and has better impact. Fuck off always sounds more definitive than go away lol :D

Bunch of media outlets last year ran stories about a study showing swearing is a sign of intelligence and a potty mouth just means you have a larger vocabulary than most. So a swearing forum on Shys? For a bunch of intelligent articulate women? Hell yeah! Science, Stephen Fry... They've got our backs on this one!

I don't generally swear AT people, but sometimes I use an expletive, or the English language vernacular :D as it's often common place in Ireland to use it in place of something else to express yourself more clearly. It just sounds more exciting sometimes and has better impact. Fuck off always sounds more definitive than go away lol :D

It really fucking does!

Are you ladies serious. Lol. Do you think it may become personal? Turn into a shit fight?

A thread I think I'd avoid maybe. Have fun. :)

I think it's one of those threads where someone would get butt hurt.

But you know what? Fuck 'em ;)

I don't swear much. Usually in jest and sometimes when giving an option too and not in an insulting way to try and shut someone down.

Sometimes people are ignorant little fuck wits or self-righteous cunts. It's not usually personal, but feeling passionately should be communicated through a strong vocabulary and an understanding of language. If you know that there's nothing wrong with cussing or the use of expletives if you have the means to manage without them.

Knowing when to drop them for maximum effect is a form of catharsis for a lot of people.

Edited by Hungry

I think it's one of those threads where someone would get butt hurt.

But you know what? Fuck 'em ;)

I don't swear much, but usually in jest and sometimes when giving an option too and not in an insulting way to try and shut someone down.

Sometimes people are ignorant little fuck wits or self-righteous cunts. It's not usually personal, but feeling passionately should involve expressive language and there's nothing wrong with cussing or the use of expletives if you have the means to manage without them.

Knowing when to drop them for maximum effect is a form of catharsis for a lot of people.

Lol :D Fucking love this!

I rarely swear & then, only when I'm extremely upset. Which hardly ever happens. When it does, it's about something private, so, wouldn't be sharing that. Plus, I'm usually over it within 15 minutes. I direct my energy to other things. That's just me. We all handle things differently.

ETA: When I say, fuck off & fuck you, I mean it, very sincerely. At least, at the time. It's directed at my husband or someone else I'm close to. Even then, not often. The average person isn't going to illicit that sort of feeling in me.

Edited by GypsyButterfly

I rarely swear & then, only when I'm extremely upset. Which hardly ever happens. When it does, it's about something private, so, wouldn't be sharing that. Plus, I'm usually over it within 15 minutes. I direct my energy to other things. That's just me. We all handle things differently.

ETA: When I say, fuck off & fuck you, I mean it, very sincerely. At least, at the time. It's directed at my husband or someone else I'm close to. Even then, not often. The average person isn't going to illicit that sort of feeling in me.

I am the same way I swear out of frustration and when Im done I move on but its fast and furious when I do. Usually over someone

doing something really stupid and just trying to hurt someone or take advantage of something, then I just say nothing and Im done.

Then I think they get it, some people I work with total assholes and best for me to handle them do my work and nothing more with them.

I just try to think its not worth my time and energy to waste on certain people. I think if they want a thread just to vent fine but I dont think it would

be one I would read.And I like the way you handle your swearing Gypse.

Sounds like a fucking good idea to me :-D

Another ladies forum I was on had a swearing thread and it wasn't used to insult other forum members but to vent the general frustrations in life particularly as a minority group. I left that group for various reasons and I just so miss having a good old fuck about all the bollocks in my life.

Just a word to the wise. Personally I don't see what this has to do with supporting other women but that is my preference. I have never seen foul language as an expression of intelligence and only associate it with aggression due a past relationship. Having no consideration for others feelings and considering them feckwits or c*nts I also find quite insulting to those ladies who would want nothing to do with foul language. However, no-one need be in here unless they wish to. As mods we have to keep an eye on things and it is not a task I personally look forward to.

Swear away BUT the moment ONE insult is given to another member directly, or they are made to feel less than because of their opinion, the thread will be closed. Showing no respect to other women who are, shall we say, more sensitive, is not an option and neither is insulting them. Bullying or aggression has no place on Shybi and it will not be tolerated in any form

This has nothing to do with being 'thought police', as we have recently been called: It has everything to do with respecting others and showing due consideration.

That's it. Swear if you need to but keep it safe and non personal. Think of me, or anyone who does not take part, as you will, but have some respect for their opinion and feelings too

If it wasn't for swear words, I would be a mute. I find gesticulating with the hands, just kind of enhances it.

Wankyfuckbag, is my favourite one atm.

I honestly can't see how anyone can be insulted by swearing on this thread if there is no personal attacks on anyone, which I doubt very much was the purpose of why the OP started it. Fair enough some people might not like it or have any interest in it, but there are many topics on the site that I and I'm sure lots of others have no interest in so the solution is simple, just don't go in there! As fo it not having anything to do with supporting women, well the very fact that it allows us to vent off unashamedly about the frustrations and trials of everyday life is a lot more supportive than a lot of the topics here, yet just because it involves swearing, which might not be to everyone's liking, it is deemed potentially an area for bullying etc. I am no bully, and am not interested in insulting or offending anyone, I just wanted to make that clear. And I doubt any of the other contributors on this thread are interested in causing offence either. I just needed to get that out there, and no need for a swear word at all :)

Thank fuck is nearly 4pm! Where is that fucking bottle of wine and that bollocks straw! All I can say is TFI Friday!

:-)

As I said. Anyone who does not like it does not have to come in here and actually look to be offended. That goes for any thread. So anyone reporting the thread soley because they came in would not get far. Mods have no options than to have to peruse threads sometimes, especially if members point at it, and we do not have to agree with something to do our 'jobs'. We have to be fair and will be.

But I have been on here a long while and have seen how things can go awry quickly. It is always best to give fair word before anything happens. One does not have to swear to fear or intimidate people, so it's not the swearing per se, that is the issue. It is the use and who it is aimed at if at all.

Just a word to the wise. Personally I don't see what this has to do with supporting other women but that is my preference. I have never seen foul language as an expression of intelligence and only associate it with aggression due a past relationship. Having no consideration for others feelings and considering them feckwits or c*nts I also find quite insulting to those ladies who would want nothing to do with foul language. However, no-one need be in here unless they wish to. As mods we have to keep an eye on things and it is not a task I personally look forward to.

Swear away BUT the moment ONE insult is given to another member directly, or they are made to feel less than because of their opinion, the thread will be closed. Showing no respect to other women who are, shall we say, more sensitive, is not an option and neither is insulting them. Bullying or aggression has no place on Shybi and it will not be tolerated in any form

This has nothing to do with being 'thought police', as we have recently been called: It has everything to do with respecting others and showing due consideration.

That's it. Swear if you need to but keep it safe and non personal. Think of me, or anyone who does not take part, as you will, but have some respect for their opinion and feelings too

Nothing about my post was personal? I didn't state any specifics? I hope that you don't truly believe I have no consideration for others? That said I heed your words and warnings.

I'm sure the ladies who do contribute will be fair and lighthearted!

'You seem to be in my lane' doesn't express your annoyance as well as saying

'Fk eeeeeeeeeew, Twat'

See my point.

This could likely be a very educational thread; I have already learned two new swear words, shitballs and wankyfuckbag! LOL