Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RubyStarlight

Lgbt Friendly Honeymoon Destinations?

7 posts in this topic

Hey ladies.

I don't post on here all that often anymore but thought you may be able to help. Myself and my fiancee are getting married in July here in Scotland, just in a small outdoor ceremony at a cottage we've hired then spending a few days there just the 2 of us and having a mini moon seeing Scottish highlands.

For our main honeymoon we would like to go away somewhere hot. Due to kids school holidays we have had to postpone that to October when they can stay with my family.

What were unsure of is where to go? I like the idea of the Caribbean but it worries me that a lot of it isn't friendly to the gay community and we don't want to have any issues.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks xxx

Maybe Key West in Florida? Or even San Diego. Both are warm with nice beaches, and very gay friendly.

Congratulations!!

San Diego also means you don't have to worry about hurricane season.

I unfortunately do not know many tropical LGBT friendly places to go to, but I know which one to avoid. Jamaica. I went there with my family a few years ago. I was single, but I soon found out that they are not LGBT friendly. I think it still might be illegal there.

I unfortunately do not know many tropical LGBT friendly places to go to, but I know which one to avoid. Jamaica. I went there with my family a few years ago. I was single, but I soon found out that they are not LGBT friendly. I think it still might be illegal there.

This has been an issue we've been having. We liked Dominican Republic but homosexuality is illegal there.

Were hoping for somewhere with sand and cocktails and relaxing :).

A lot of warmer climes might not recognize gay marriage. But it's your honeymoon and not your wedding right? I know that's glib of me. But you only have one life and you shouldn't avoid places unless it's clearly stated and advised you will be treated terribly.

Key West is a good idea. I've gay friends who were made very welcome by resorts in Maldives. There's a few spots in the Seychelles I used to work for that often put up wedding parties, not the weddings themselves, but I have a colleague who said the gays who attended the festivities there were treated just like anyone else.

Thailand has a big gay community and there's some really nice beach areas near Phuket. I have friends who like Mauritius. With a bit of research South Africa is another option.

Belize, Tahiti, anywhere that usually caters to Americans with beach or islands. I'd look at Fuji if it was me too.

Don't rule out Costa Rica either or the Dominican I've always wanted to go to the latter I can vouch for the first one and there's plenty of beautiful hills and lounging by the beach if that's what you're looking for. You'll find even the people who live near the beach areas there are foreign or speak English/have wealth to live in such a prime location and therefore are not as close minded

Also there's no harm in paying a premium for your peace of mind even though some will probably disagree with me on that. But I've done that in the Middle East for example..

Be brave!

Edited by Hungry

Hawaii is beautiful. I've been to Maui and Kauai. Kauai was my favorite. Beautiful beaches and not too touristy.