TBD78

What's Going On...update

53 posts in this topic

It has been about a month since my whole world turned upside down and since I joined Shy ( See "What is going on" topic for back story.)

After crushing pretty hard on a friend I had for 3 years (who also happens to be my son's, friend's mom), I told her. Butterflies, nerves and all. I had a good enough read on the type of person she was and was willing to take the risk despite both of us being in hetero marriages and identifying as straight. What has ensued since has been the most amazing fairytail there is which clearly has me questioning everything. But also accepting that our sexuality can be fluid and that my 38yo self is different than my 21 yo self. Even tho we are both married with kids and my husband knows that we are exploring, the emotional and physical connection has become so intense. It is very hard to disguise my cloud 9 aura whenever she is near me.

All of the elements we felt that were missing in our marriages are being fulfilled with each other and it is overwhelming, but incrediblely fulfilling. Our moods instantly shift to happy/giddy when in each other's company and it is a feeling I can't imagine ending.

Physically...this is something my wildest dreams couldn't have conjoured up. Every little touch,graze, kiss, gaze sends electric to my core...a feeling I haven't felt in forever (if ever). It has changed from a want to a need.

Our encounters have differed in intensity some have been sensual & romantic and others lustful - they are all good. I wish I had a crystal ball to predict what will be, but for now it feels like heaven. I hope this doesn't come crashing down on me...just don't know what reality is or should be anymore..

:). Thanks for sharing

Lucky lady ;) What you have descried is exactly my friend and I - except we haven't gone physical yet.

Edited by Married&Iknowit

I'm new so I don't know you or your story but yet I love this post. You've managed to accomplish what many of us can only dream about. Big congrats on finding your fairytale.

I'm new so I don't know you or your story but yet I love this post. You've managed to accomplish what many of us can only dream about. Big congrats on finding your fairytale.

Thank you! Most of the story is in my original post "What's Going On?" I feel like I need to be pinched repeatedly to keep reminding myself this is real.

Lucky lady ;) What you have descried is exactly my friend and I - except we haven't gone physical yet.

. It's a fantasy come true. We're still only PG-13ish on the physical front...and that's ok. We are taking it really slow and just enjoying each moment we share. Hopefully the right moment will come along where we can fully let go.

This is so cute to read! But I don't understand, is your husband seriously not bothered by you getting with your friend? Women who have sex with other women and feel things for another woman can leave too. Some men need to realise that.

Have you considered leaving your marriage for this girl? :) ♥ Xx

This is so cute to read! But I don't understand, is your husband seriously not bothered by you getting with your friend? Women who have sex with other women and feel things for another woman can leave too. Some men need to realise that.

Have you considered leaving your marriage for this girl? :) ♥ Xx

Both me & GF r married with youngish kids. Heading into this we both agreed families first. My hubby is ok with me exploring this side of me. We have a long history and have been together almost 20 yrs. At this stage, neither of us (me & GF) r willing to break marriages/families. Our families are also very intwined bc our kids are close.. So complicated. For now, we are basically FWBs. I would never leave my marriage, my hubby is certainly my partner for life. But as we get older and have desires that weren't there when we met (18) - we have become open to discussing and giving each other some flexibility as long as we are honest. You never know what the future will bring, but GF and I are still navigating these new feelings as it has only been a month in embarking on exploring each other.

That's is beautiful so happy for u. Dont worry what reality is supposed to be for now this is ur reality and enjoy every moment of it. U have been honest with H and with gf. That's all that matters.

It seems to be going well for you both TBH78, good to see hubby giving you support ,and you are right to put family first.

Wonderful story, giving hope and making me smile and smile..oh I am so happy for you two...! I wish I read one story like this per day..:-)

Now I've read part I of your story too. Thanks for sharing it with us. As one of my friends once said: reality exceeds fiction. I have often found this to be right, and this is also one such a case. Such an exciting read, with a happy outcome!

Wow i can only dream about getting to this point . How wonderful and yes i bet you are on cloud 9 lady !!

Love this <3 congrats :) :)

Thanks for sharing! Lately I have been thinking that I will never meet a woman who would want to date me or even eventually be in a relationship with me because I am married with a child. You have definitely given a lot of us on here some hope! Thank you again for sharing and congrats!

Thanks for sharing! Lately I have been thinking that I will never meet a woman who would want to date me or even eventually be in a relationship with me because I am married with a child. You have definitely given a lot of us on here some hope! Thank you again for sharing and congrats!

Funny things happen when you are not looking or least expect them. Never in a million years did I think a) I'd crush on a woman b) that it would be my sons friends mom c) it would happen in suburbia where pretty much all u see r either married couples or divorced couples & d) feelings would be reciprocated. I think what helped was lots of conversation about all topics and an openness to experience... not to mention incredible desires. I hope you all have a chance to find the closeness with a woman friend, it has & continues to be very fulfilling emotionally & otherwise.

Both me & GF r married with youngish kids. Heading into this we both agreed families first. My hubby is ok with me exploring this side of me. We have a long history and have been together almost 20 yrs. At this stage, neither of us (me & GF) r willing to break marriages/families. Our families are also very intwined bc our kids are close.. So complicated. For now, we are basically FWBs. I would never leave my marriage, my hubby is certainly my partner for life. But as we get older and have desires that weren't there when we met (18) - we have become open to discussing and giving each other some flexibility as long as we are honest. You never know what the future will bring, but GF and I are still navigating these new feelings as it has only been a month in embarking on exploring each other.

What a perfect arrangement! I'm so jealous!! :)

Love this story. Going to have to look for your original post x

Love this story. Going to have to look for your original post x

Thank you! It's a crazy, fun, journey. A lot of complicated emotions to work through - but incredibly fulfilling. It has been almost 2 months.