FallenStar

Board Games :)

23 posts in this topic

So there's lots of threads on video games etc, but what about board games? I'm not talking about Monopoly, but proper board games :)

Some of my favs are... Pandemic, Catan, Carcassonne, Galaxy Truckers, Survive, LOTR card game and so many more!

What do you play?

I don't have the patience for extremely long and complex board games. I like the classic games like Scrabble, Monopoly, etc.

Nothing wrong with the classics :) Although the modern ones I listed are quite short to play, typically about an hour :)

I love scrabble, rummoli, and pretty much any of the classic board games

I'm a big fan of Catan, and Tzolkin is great! I like strategy games with a bit of a random element.

I also really enjoy group games, like Taboo or Apples To Apples.

I'm always on the lookout for an awesome new game!

I'm a big fan of Catan, and Tzolkin is great! I like strategy games with a bit of a random element.

I also really enjoy group games, like Taboo or Apples To Apples.

I'm always on the lookout for an awesome new game!

Ooh I haven't heard of Tzolkin! I'll have to check that out :)

I'm a scrabble geek through and though!

I'm more for games like dominoes, yahtzee, checkers, card games, etc. Though I haven't really had the chance for board games so I don't have a taste for them.

I like Scrabble and Upwords. Monopoly can be fun. I intend on purchasing Celebrity Name Game in the near future

I like Scrabble and Upwords. Monopoly can be fun. I intend on purchasing Celebrity Name Game in the near future

I find Monopoly is fun for the 1st half, until it becomes obvious who is going to win. Then it's a slow death/destruction of your friends. Not as much fun by the end!

Got cards against humanity for Christmas :D it's so abusive yet so funny

I love Pandemic, Cards against Humanity and we have Exploding Kittens which is a card game (both the SFW and NSFW versions) I also like Articulate and the Pointless game is quite good if you like the TV Show. We have Settlers of Catan but haven't played it yet.

Ooh, been playing alot lately... My favourites are strategy games, Blokus , Quarto and Yinsh , I play scrabble but mostly on the Words with Friends app.

Cranium, Scrabble, Cards Against Humanity / Apples to Apples, and I just played one that's similar to CAH/A2A but it's based on Cyanide and Happiness (I don't remember the name though).

There's also some cafes that have a whole bunch of board games to play while you eat / hang out and it's great to experience new games that way!

Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, Apples to Apple, Life, Monopoly, Quirkle, and Uno are a few of my favorites. We have game night every Friday in my house. :)

I use to like Payday a lot ..

Darling fiance got me Paperback for Xmas, which will appeal to people who liked Scrabble only it's more fun. More freedom to play with the letters, and a bit focus on the strategic "stop your opponent getting to the triple word score square" thing.

Our local bi social group has a gaming night once a month which it'll probably get rocked out at soon :)

I got this game for Christmas and we played it with another couple last night and it was a big hit. It's similar to Pandemic in that it's a group cooperation game but it seems a little more streamlined and the stakes aren't so high (only our deaths :\ and not the entire world)

bfc4d634af3e842d93afe45bfadb2e13.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Gamewright-415-Forbidden-Desert-Board/dp/B00B4ECHJI

Most nights we're stuck in front of the telly but when we aren't, we make the kids play board games with us, lol. Monopoly Empires is great in that it's quick and even the 4 year old can get involved. CAH is an adults favourite, and we've taken out all the non-dirty ones so we have a SFW kids deck too. Cranium and Balderdash are fun. I used to LOVE Scattergories because it appeals to the inner list maker. Exploding Kittens is a new purchase too. So much fun. Has anyone played Dice Masters?! My Mini Geeks and I are curious if we should invest in a pack.

Oh, we also have Magic players in the house. No. 1 son and I play Adventure Time Card Wars together. It gets more fun as they get older :D

I do like board games, but quite a lot of them are tricky to adapt for blind players. I have scrabble etc, as the RNIB make versions with Braille tiles. ThreeD printing should make a some of the adaption quite a bit easier I hope :)

A little off topic, but I had a great time playing exploding kittens on holiday a couple of weeks ago :D

I love playing Cards against Humanity, it is hilarious, especially after a glass of wine or three!

Life, Jenga and UNO!!! :)