SakuraGirl

Makeup For Those Who Don't Wear Makeup Much

13 posts in this topic

Hey ladies, those of you who are like me and rarely wear makeup, what makeup do you wear on those rare occasions when you do? Are there any particular brands, etc you like? I usually just go with a little foundation, lip gloss or lipstick, blush, and powder. Occasionally, if I am feeling daring I will wear some eye-shadow and mascara. It's funny because at the White Elephant exchange at may job the other day I got a box of Ulta makeup. Now I will have to wear it more often to get use out of it.

When I do wear makeup, I tend to just use a little blush and lipstick. I love a bold lip!

If I really feel like getting dolled up, I might put on some eyeshadow and mascara.

When I was younger I used to wear a lot more make-up, especially bright fun colours on my eyes. After moving to a pretty hippie town and having my first kid, my old make-up looks don't fit with my lifestyle anymore. Plus, I haven't really had the extra money for buying new make-up, different priorities now I guess!

I do miss getting a bit more dressed up on the regular, and I hope to slowly rebuild my make-up collection in time. I would love to try contouring, just to see what I would look like, but I would have nowhere to go afterwards!

I'm just now trying to get used to using a little makeup. It's hard to do after going without for years.

I'm trying to start using make-up more. It makes me feel a little less thrown together. Most days it's just a tinted lipgloss, maybe mascara.

Physicians formula powders and blushes , mostly for evening out skin tone. They feel clean and are not caked. Mascara only for tint (special occasions only) and I use an eyelash curler. I tend to wear lip tints like burts bees. That's about it :). I'm not a make up chick...

I rarely wear makeup but when I do I wear mascara and eyeliner. Occasionally I'll wear eyeshadow but that's about it.

I tend to only wear eye makeup. I might wear lipstick once or twice a year, but i absolutely can't handle foundation or powder or blush on my face.

I never wear make up. Just special occasions. When I do I wear eyeliner and mascara. Nothing special. I tend to buy cheap make up because it dries out before I've used it all too. I love doing my make up and hair occasionally but I'm just not up to doing it every day haha

I don't wear much makeup just on the eyes. I get dark circles and I find that physician's formula concealer works really well to cover the unsightly things. Also a good smdge resistant eye liner is estee lauder brand. Other than that I tend to not be too particular about the brand of eyeshadow as long as the color works with my skin and eyes. Pink bottle cover girl mascara has been around for ages and works just as well as any other I have tried.

I don't wear much makeup just on the eyes. I get dark circles and I find that physician's formula concealer works really well to cover the unsightly things. Also a good smdge resistant eye liner is estee lauder brand. Other than that I tend to not be too particular about the brand of eyeshadow as long as the color works with my skin and eyes. Pink bottle cover girl mascara has been around for ages and works just as well as any other I have tried.

Mail me a large shipment of that dark circle stuff. I can't find a damn thing to cover mine. Need to put it on with a trowel xD

I wear 'full face' makeup on weekends but I really love a natural look also and wear it during the weekdays.

My routine:

Shower and exfoliate face.

Oil of Olay face lotion. (Let it dry)

Face primer. (Let it dry entirely)

Dark circle eraser under my eyes (not every day- let it dry)

Translucent (or matching tinted) powder applied with brush.

Soft peach blush swiped along the apples of my cheeks.

Bronzer lightly brushed under cheekbones and along my hairline to add color back into my face (especially for summer)

Two coats of mascara (2 different brands) to make the eyes pop. 

EOS coconut milk chapstick or a nude lipstick.

Edit to add: I also have hooded eyes (my eyes are aged far past my fellow peers) so I occasionally sweep a taupe colored eyeshadow across the crease of my eyes for separation of the eyelid. Works wonders!)

Edited by cre8yourf8

@cre8yourf8  You really have it together.  I need someone to teach me how to do makeup right (and without poking myself in the eye with mascara brush, or getting it on my eyelids).  

Anybody have a problem with eyebrows fading, and using something (gel, etc.) to add color to eyebrows?

On 6/17/2017 at 5:43 AM, CuriouslyMarriedWoman said:

@cre8yourf8  You really have it together.  I need someone to teach me how to do makeup right (and without poking myself in the eye with mascara brush, or getting it on my eyelids).  

Anybody have a problem with eyebrows fading, and using something (gel, etc.) to add color to eyebrows?

I use It Cosmetics brow pencil in color Universal Taupe (matches many colors!) For my eyebrows. It has a small wand to brush your brows into place and the color (when applied softly)  is beautiful and difficult to mess up. Perfect for beginners- it was my beginner pencil. Hope this info and video helps!

Edited by cre8yourf8