Aqua

What's Your Highest Level Of Education?

42 posts in this topic

I have an honours degree and I'm going to start studying for my Master's in September :)

Sigh......super touchy subject for me. Only finished about 2 years at a 4 year college, mainly due to a complete breakdown when my friend/first love died suddenly, and also due to finances. My goal is to finish my degree one day but it doesn't really seem attainable. 

10 hours ago, BellaLuna said:

Sigh......super touchy subject for me. Only finished about 2 years at a 4 year college, mainly due to a complete breakdown when my friend/first love died suddenly, and also due to finances. My goal is to finish my degree one day but it doesn't really seem attainable. 

Hugs. Grief tends to throw a monkey wrench in things. Finances are also a sensible reason to stop. I may need to stop my graduate program for the same reason. Do you think online could be an option for you?

M.Ed. and recently accepted that I am likely going to obtain my Doctorate...it's just so much money :blink: And I am not sure if I will see the return of investment in the field of education.

I have an associate in business but work in the education field ..

@SimplyTroubleProps to those in education! It's not for the faint of heart. 

10 minutes ago, Kailee said:

@SimplyTroubleProps to those in education! It's not for the faint of heart. 

You got that correct.. I've been doing it for over 11 years now.. 

I just got my master degree in Cognitive neurosciences. All the LGBT people I know are also in thei masters or bachelors, but that's biased, I met them at uni, so.. :D

Masters until now, and very recently started my PhD journey! Rather scary indeed 

2 hours ago, ThatsNoMoon said:

Masters until now, and very recently started my PhD journey! Rather scary indeed 

Woohoo! Come to the dark side.

I have two :blush: degrees.  I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do when I left school! Not so fussed to go back for a little while!

Bachelor of arts in music here - you know, one of those degrees parents try to talk you out of? Haha yeah, totally not using it as I work in business/accounting.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:25 AM, ChemFem said:

Hugs. Grief tends to throw a monkey wrench in things. Finances are also a sensible reason to stop. I may need to stop my graduate program for the same reason. Do you think online could be an option for you?

If finances weren't an issue, I would probably do nothing but take online classes, lol. Hopefully someday...

I'm actually thinking about nursing school, which seems more practical/attainable. I think I just need to feel like I'm actually doing something worthwhile. :/ 

Once I decided to not take student loans anymore, I realized that I was going to have to pay for grad school on my own. For my Seminary degree, I was able to take one class at a time. Some semesters I didn't have the money to even do that. So my masters took me 10 years.

I have a master's degree in biomedical engineering.  Haven't noticed any sort of trend within my LGBTQ friends

Some college but no degree.  but I am a licensed cosmetologist and certified In medical code and billing.