loshi

What's Your Shy Class? What Have You Learned Since You Joined?

29 posts in this topic

I haven't been here much in the last couple of years, and I was checking on some of my Shy friends. I was not surprised that most of them have moved on.

My shy class was February 2012. It has been fun, but not without heartache.

Shy for me was and still is a place where I always feel welcome. I would like to think that today I'm wiser...but sometimes, that's questionable.

I'm definitively not in the same place where I was when I joined this group.

I valued the friendships I have made here. They have helped me through my darkest time.

I have learned a lot about people, sexuality and myself.

:-)

I'm a newbie, but the most significant thing I've learned is, I'm not alone! There are other married women who feel the way that I do and who want the things that I want.

My shy class is 2013, but with a sizable break for about a year. More active as of recently in the past 6 months or so. The site is amazing and wonderful. Its one of only few places I can really voice my inner thoughts and receive and give feedback. This is such an important part of life for me, the sharing of experiences, thoughts and ideas. Further more its so important to have a space to be caring and candid about such personal issues. Most of the topics and threads on here are made of the stuff that we as humans survive on for quality of life. Sex, kids, desires, fantasies, emotional support and a sense of camaraderie and like minded friends. Its a wonderful site that is run well, thanks to the owner and the mods and all the genuine members on here. It a part of my weekly, and sometimes daily routine to check the site, post topics and provide feedback when I feel I have something helpful to add. Lets keep Shybi awesome ladies! Thanks for the topic.

My shy class is 2017 (I'm a newbie). Thus far, I've learned that I'm not alone, my feelings are not wrong or crazy, and that many of the questions I have are already addressed. I simply need to look. As I travel down this new path, I look forward to learning about myself and all things bi.

Holy crap-balls, I joined here in 2011... I remember I stumbled upon this place when I was freaking out about girl who I wasn't sure if she was into girls - found out she was and found out she had never even kissed a girl before me. [ended up dating, engaged & living with her for a long time - until I came home from work and found a note saying she moved out]

What have I learned since I joined? Well, I've learned:

- love hurts more than I thought

- I use the word "chick" way too often when talking about myself

- there's a lot more bi chicks out there than I ever thought

- sometimes you just gotta kiss the girl in the middle of where ever you are

- sometimes you find love in the most surprising places when you're not even looking for it

My Shy class is 2017 (absolute newbie), was very relieved to find this site as it doesn't make you feel "alone". I look forward to learning and chatting on this site.

My shy class is 2016.Now what i have learned.More about myself,that's for sure.To be more open and not afraid of interacting for whatever reasons.I have learned that everything is possible to happen in this incredible life and that some people enter our lives for specific reasons.I have no regrets for anything and i would do everything all over again!

Edited by kairi

Gosh, I'm the class of 2009!! I have taken mainly breaks! I think that this time, I feel as though I've realised that it's ok not to know everything! And that life happens at its own pace! For the first time ever yesterday I indicated to a friend that I might (also) be interested in girls- which wouldn't have ever been something I would be willing to divulge before. I hope I stay as open to life as I currently am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im a 2017 newbie and I've learned that I'm not alone and that I should not be ashamed of who I am or who/what I like.

Class of 2016 :D

I've learned:

Eye contact is wonderful

To make a move and be more forward if I really want something

If I'm open and accepting sooner or later I'll find some really cool people

And it turns out I find hearing a women speak with an accent incredibly sexy :D

2014. Weird! I know I've learned a lot (and had more experiences). It's hard to pinpoint all of the ways I've figured myself out and changes that have happened, but liking back to then, I definitely didn't know myself like I do now.

Class of 2008 here...

Crazy to think I've been on shys this long.

I've learned I'm very very gay...

I have had so many wonderful connections on here and this place and the people I've met through being on this site have brought out sides to me I'd never have known about myself. The best thing being I met my fiancee here. We've been together 3 years next month. She changed my whole world. I fell head over heels in love with someone I never imagined I would even find anything in common with who lived at the bottom of England and had just gotten married to a man 4 months earlier and was working on starting her family, where as I was a confused mum of 2 who knew she was gay but hadn't quite figured out how to live a happy life with myself as a gay woman. I've learned once I care about someone they will always be in my heart. Ive learned not to judge anyone from how they appear on the outside and I've learned the world isn't such a big place. I love this site for the variety of people from all walks of life and in all different situations. Who have all came here out of confusion and wanting to belong. This place no matter how much it's changed in the last 9 years will always have a massive piece of me. I couldn't ever walk away and not come back. Some of The happiest memories in my life have came from joining here! The meets I used to attend. The friendships I've made. This is entwined with me now. Even if I rarely post or come on anymore. Xx

Class of 2016 :D

I've learned:

Eye contact is wonderful

To make a move and be more forward if I really want something

If I'm open and accepting sooner or later I'll find some really cool people

And it turns out I find hearing a women speak with an accent incredibly sexy :D

I have accent too F!!I can also whisper in Greek :P

I have accent too F!!I can also whisper in Greek :P

I know :maninlove: Come whisper in my ear :D

Edited by FlannelFish

When I joined in 2015, I was blown away to discover that there are husbands out there who are accepting of their wives being sexual with women.

I have learned that I'm not crazy or wrong or inauthentic to be married to man but attracted to women as well.

I've learned that being bi is more of a paradox to be managed than a problem to be solved.

I'm new but it's good to learn lots of girls think like me

Summer of 16' here

Oh what I've learned....

It's possible to be in love with more than one person

That I am not as straight as I thought I once was

When you feel chemistry, follow your gut

Sex with a woman was even hotter than imagined

When you connect with a woman on every level it is one of the most fulfilling feelings in the world

Eye's are killer and reach my core

Kissing a woman is probably one of the most sensual activities out there

When u feel something....roll with it

Edited by TBD78

Odd I thought I had replied!!

2015 here. I love reading everyone's stories.

I've learnt that I'm a lesbian in a heterosexual marriage. Although my husband knows I'm bisexual, and I've told him that if I wasn't married to him (and have 3 children with him) that I'd be with a woman.

Touch is intense

I originally joined in 2009 then took a break when I got married 3 months after I joined to my second ex-husband. When I started spending more time here two years into that marriage, my ex was okay with it at first because I think he thought it was just a phase then he left me Nov. 2012. I had to change my screen name because the original one I had used, I didn't realize I could change my screen name so I lost all of those posts because I thought when I got married I was going to be "straight" and not live the way I felt inside.

My second ex brought it to the pastor's attention at the time to the church we were going to. She came over and we went walking around at the Gander Mountain store then when we came back to the house, she confronted me about being on the site. I then again tried to stay away but that didn't work. My ex left me so I got involved once again on the site and met someone on here. We had a long distance relationship for nearly a year when once again I decided I was going to get my life straight and be straight because of pressure from my pastor and mom "praying" for me. I broke it off with her and stayed away for a month. Let me just say this, this is my community and I've found my home here with like-minded women so when I came back in Jan. 2015 I was here to stay. I met another woman and had a short ldr with her and never met her in person. I'm so glad that didn't work out because when things were ending with her, I met netty. We had an instant connection and chemistry and the good thing for both of us is that we weren't each other's rebound relationship. She knew what she wanted and so did I. We got together Oct. 2, 2014 and about a month after we were together she booked her tickets to come and see me in Feb. 2015. I wrote about that in my blog on here and it was amazing my first experience with a woman. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do it but it was the most natural thing for me.

So originally I am from the class of 2009 to answer the question here. I love it here and this is my second home apart from where I live and where I will soon be living around the summer of 2019 hopefully.

I orginally joined in 2014, but wasn't on this site for long before I took a long break.

Now, I'm back and plan to be more active. I felt I was trying rush things last time I was open to meeting a woman or pursing something with a woman. I mostly got threesome requests( other site) and one who was essentially cheating-no judgement, just not something I want to get involved in. So, I got discouraged and scared off. Now, here I am, just taking my time now.

I'm a newbie, and from the many posts I've read. I've found I'm not alone in my feelings. I'm still working on my questions about my identity but I'm truly excited to have found this site and think it can help me find the answers I need.

I just joined at the end of 2016. I've learned so much so far! I'm glad that I'm not alone in my woman obsessions. It's comforting to also find more married women dealing with this so I really won't feel so bad. I'm about to hit 200 posts too, so I'll be able to hit up the naughty forums! Hehe.

Oh wow. I've been occasionally popping back to the forum, wondering whether I was indulging in nostalgia, feeling out of place and yet compelled to return.

I'm from the class of 2006. That makes me feel old, although I was pretty young (in so many ways) when I joined. I haven't posted here in nearly 6 years, and then it was to make a point, push in a knife, vindicate myself. Everything has changed. I don't recognise myself when I read back through the posts. I recognise very few names when I glance at the online list (and those I do recognise likely don't remember, or would rather not remember, who I am). In a way, my name sums it up -- Tabula Rasa. As far as Shy's is concerned, I'm a blank slate.

Why do I return? Because I'm searching for something, although I'm not sure what. Perhaps a missing part of a puzzle that's kept me from processing so much that happened because of this place. I keep writing words down, searching through songs, skirting around the feelings, and then my mind goes quiet, for months at a time. But always, it surfaces. A longing, a hint of something long passed, more invented romanticism than anything based in reality. Something that was mostly held within my veins, that defined everything that happened since that would have been inconceivable at the time.

What did Shy's teach me? How to love. How to be a grown up. How to let love heal my broken heart. These days my life is blissful. I live in a dream, a wonderful dream where I'm so loved. I do what I love for a living. I've fought for everything I have. I have the most incredible partner. We've helped each other blossom. I'm so very grateful for the journey that Shy's took me on, that taught me how to love without conditions, to open my heart. All those mistakes added up to beautiful math, the equation of love.

What have I yet to learn? How to let go of something that feels so intrinsically part of me. How to reconcile the fact that I like the dull thud of unreconciled pain, that it keeps me aware. Urgency replaced by serenity. Understanding I'm my father's daughter, and as he fades under the weight of his unreconciled emotions, I must find a way to make amends. Part of me will always want the pain, like pushing a bruise so I don't forget...

I'm finding my way, writing it down. Perhaps that's why I'm here again, putting together the jigzaw puzzle.

Perhaps this will be the last post of an old era, or the first of a new. Who knows, but thanks for listening!