naturally_lovely

Skin Cancer Be Gone.

10 posts in this topic

So had some moles removed, because they were itchy.

One of them came back from the lab cancerous.

So I had the operation to removed the cells and "clear" the margins. Yay! They got it all on the first cut.. so that was great.

The nurse didn't check my body positioning (she to busy staring at my boobs... cause I was topless) She reminded me of me .. totally Shameless, it was hot. When the doc left the room, she asked me if I was okay. And while bandaging me.. told me my GF was a lucky lady. Yes.. yes she is.. cause this time around...Im pretty loyal and RAD.

Anyway this nurse didn't check my positioning very well while doc was cutting. And when he cauterized a few vessels.. my hand was touching the metal frame of the surgical table..thus grounding me. Its not the first time Ive been "shocked" but wow.. it didn't feel good. And it was funny and painful to watch my pinky and ring finger curl up like they had rigamortious.. lol!

Anyway.. I think I have A LOT of scars.. C sections, heart surgery, multiple abdominal surgeries, the lists goes on.. and even though people say they don't care when I am naked.. I know they see them. But it doesn't bother me too much, one reason is because they are flat. Even though my scars are large and noticeable.. they lay flat on my skin.

This one .. does not. its only 2 inches across the top of my shoulder...( I wear a lot of tank tops) but its raised.. and purple and looks like someone spread scar tissue like peanut butter... across my shoulder. IM wondering if this is because the cells were cancerous? and mutated? And if so.. would I have become the HULK? ( yes!)

IM happy to have the cancer removed.. and not super vain.

I just wanted to let others know... if they have the Mohs procedure.. the scarring may look different than other ones.

Thanks for the advice here. I've had a few BCC's removed from my face etc but nothing too bad yet. I'm not sure on what Mohs procedure is but I'll look that up. There's alot of skin cancer here in Australia as we are a hot country. I'm guessing it's the way in which it was cut is maybe why it's raised..... not sure tho. The colour will fade in time to. I'm interested if anyone knows more on this to.

I've had BCCs and scars from them too. I think the surgeons all have their own styles, too. Mine thinks about long term for visible scars, so maybe one that is raised for a couple of years will settle down as the skin relaxes and then be smaller or shorter than one that is initially flatter immediately after the procedure. That happened to me. Big lump as well as scar for a couple of years, and then it smoothed out beautifully. Sometimes when they do the initial biopsy, if they are sure it is a BCC from their knowledge of you and the disease, they can do the biopsy large enough that they get it all with clear margins the first time and you will be lucky.

Thanks for sharing your stories... This tiny 2 inch scar is really bugging me... lol.

I had a mole removed for this reason which left me with 25 stitches in my face after the removal and a VY advancement flap. I'm incredibly conscious of my scar. I have a few scars which I don't really care about but this was the first one I've had on my face. It's been 6 months and it's fading a bit but because of a condition I have my skin doesn't heal like normal. I get atrophic or keloid scars. I don't take photos anymore like I used to but at the end of the day I try and tell myself that the scar is much better than taking the risk with skin cancer. Im learning to embrace my scars more though :)

Edited by Rocker83

Damn it. In addition to clearing margins on my back... a mole that was removed has " grown" back. Now Im deciding if I should go in again and have it removed again. Maybe they will take a look at my scar while Im there again. I really don't want more cancer..but this was pretty easy, despite the electric shock of cauterizer. Should I get it checked out again if it grew back?

There's something called Bio-Oil that helps fade scars and stretch marks... I have used it on some of my surgical scars, and it seems to work...

29 minutes ago, BenedettaC said:

There's something called Bio-Oil that helps fade scars and stretch marks... I have used it on some of my surgical scars, and it seems to work...

I use this but it made no difference to mine sadly. I also read about how oil doesn't penetrate skin enough to help or something and basic moisturiser is better. I got some with shea butter and its definitely improved. I think certain things work for different people :)

3 minutes ago, Rocker83 said:

I use this but it made no difference to mine sadly. I also read about how oil doesn't penetrate skin enough to help or something and basic moisturiser is better. I got some with shea butter and its definitely improved. I think certain things work for different people :)

I've had some luck with shea butter too... (It's also great for very chapped hands...) :)

On 5/18/2017 at 10:54 PM, naturally_lovely said:

Damn it. In addition to clearing margins on my back... a mole that was removed has " grown" back. Now Im deciding if I should go in again and have it removed again. Maybe they will take a look at my scar while Im there again. I really don't want more cancer..but this was pretty easy, despite the electric shock of cauterizer. Should I get it checked out again if it grew back?

Yes and if you're not satisfied with your doctor. If your insurance will cover it find another doctor to check it. The itching is not unusual due to the positioning, you tense your muscles and move more than you realize til you have a scar in an area like that. I'd skip the oil and find thick shea or cocoa butter. The richness of it applied early is going to dramatically improve the appearance even if takes a while to fade. 

It's funny what you said about scars, I have a large scar on both legs from hamstring and I never think about those. The first few years were more awkward for people who noticed than me.  I've had them years and without them I wouldn't be able to walk or function so y'know...I'll probably see if I can get those cosmetically improved only because.. why not? I never thought I'd be that kinda girl who'd be like I'll fix that. But now I'm just like life's short why shouldn't I spend on feeling good? Will get an assessment.

Get it checked, it's better to know you're well than just wander round thinking well I'm not dead yet, trust me I just did a year or so like that :P 

Edited by Hungry