BiTriMama

How can I edit my profile?

18 posts in this topic

Click on your screen name on the top right.

Click on "Profile."

Click on "Edit Profile", located on your cover photo.

Please feel free to post profile-related questions here!

How do I turn off the country flag? It's not that it'so horrible, it's just that it shows quite a specific location in my case.

Click your name in the top right corner. Click account settings. The options on the left include country. If the option is working ok you should be able to switch it off there. As the site is still upgrading I can't tell you for sure if it will work 

10 hours ago, Rocker83 said:

Click your name in the top right corner. Click account settings. The options on the left include country. If the option is working ok you should be able to switch it off there. As the site is still upgrading I can't tell you for sure if it will work 

59 minutes ago, Stitchingtakestoolong said:

Hey, I found the country option, but it doesn't work, it keeps changing back,

Same here. I did have it turn off on mobile and then come on desktop again? I can't even change mine to a different country lol. If you wish to opt out totally you can't at the minute. Hopefully it'll get sorted those are the right instructions for when it does!

1 hour ago, Hungry said:

Same here. I did have it turn off on mobile and then come on desktop again? I can't even change mine to a different country lol. If you wish to opt out totally you can't at the minute. Hopefully it'll get sorted those are the right instructions for when it does!

2 hours ago, Stitchingtakestoolong said:

Hey, I found the country option, but it doesn't work, it keeps changing back,

I tried turning mine off as well; my next suggestion was going to be to just change to a different country. I know somebody was able to when theirs wasn't right. I haven't tried that myself - I was hoping for a little globe to at least make it more vague for people. It doesn't exactly stress me out - keep your profile safe whether or not your country is visible. Keep it deniable that it's you. That's just online safety rule #1 for anonymity as no site can protect 100%.

Edited by Shei

@Stitchingtakestoolong it's now set up where you can change the country (not sure if you can get rid of it altogether).  You can't disable it as it is now, but this might be a way to at least be more anonymous.

Edited by BiTriMama

I tried changing it, but still keeps changing back. I'm not afraid of hackers, I know there are passwords for that. I don't want to think about being recognized. I trust this forum more than some people :D

I think it has worked since day one. I was able to change the flag soon after the site was upgraded. It's just that when changed it's not been acknowledged correctly - the flag changed even though the system reported that it had not.

On 1 May 2017 at 5:10 PM, BiTriMama said:

Click on your screen name on the top right.

Click on "Profile."

Click on "Edit Profile", located on your cover photo.

Please feel free to post profile-related questions here!

@BiTriMama i'm still having issues with the flag.. Have changed it a few times, but just goes back.. Anyone have any ideas?..

Edited by Ximena

On 7/12/2017 at 7:01 AM, Ximena said:

@BiTriMama i'm still having issues with the flag.. Have changed it a few times, but just goes back.. Anyone have any ideas?..

I have been told that if you change it, but don't hit save, it won't change back.  Maybe give that a try?

Most of the cover photos I try to load are blurry. Is there a specific size I should be shooting for?

Edited by LizzySizzles
left off a letter

I've updated my profile with my faves and such, but they're not showing up. My About Me is.

Is this just my view but others can see it?

4 hours ago, N00Bi said:

I've updated my profile with my faves and such, but they're not showing up. My About Me is.

Is this just my view but others can see it?

can't see these updates yet... Not sure, might be silly to ask, but did you press save after editing your profile?

I swear I diiiiiiiid!!!!! I shall do it again.

I just did it again. Saved it all. GRRRRRRRR