Smly

Give me some new tunes to listen to.....

32 posts in this topic

I love music, anything, and would love some new tunes......suggestions to add to my Spotify playlist polease :clapping:

thank you in advance......

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Smly said:

I love music, anything, and would love some new tunes......suggestions to add to my Spotify playlist polease :clapping:

thank you in advance......

Anything by Jill Scott, the Caracal album by disclosure, Hi Grade by Angel (i don't smoke, just like the tune!), Gregory Porter....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like a lot of  classic rock....Queen, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss, Black Sabbath, The Who, The Beatles, etc. I also like newer stuff...Disturbed and Shinedown are always favorites, Five Finger Death Punch, Staind, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Eminem, Aaron Lewis (solo), Candlebox, and even some Megan Trainor, plus Maroon 5 is always good, and I like everything from Fall Out Boy except their newest song from their new album (whole album hasn't been released yet). Their album Save Rock and Roll was okay, but it was a lot different from their typical stuff so it isn't my favorite. But this new song of theirs is like all computerized music EDM type stuff and it's just....yikes. I personally can't stand it at all even though a lot of music today is digitally enhanced or whatever. I like the older stuff because they used actual instruments, but to each their own I guess. :) I also really love Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Buddy Holly, and most jazz/big band music. I have a whole list of country music artists that I love also.  I totally didn't mean to ramble on here lol I just looove music. :) 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You Me At Six has been one of my favorites for a few years now.  Katy Perry and Burno Mars are fun, too.  I mainly listen to pop-punk type of stuff, like All Time Low and Mayday Parade.  They're pretty fun to jam out to, especially in the car when you're stuck in traffic in my opinion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, FabulousMe said:

Anything by Jill Scott, the Caracal album by disclosure, Hi Grade by Angel (i don't smoke, just like the tune!), Gregory Porter....

I'll give them a listen! Thanks :))

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Songbird16 said:

I like a lot of  classic rock....Queen, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss, Black Sabbath, The Who, The Beatles, etc. I also like newer stuff...Disturbed and Shinedown are always favorites, Five Finger Death Punch, Staind, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Eminem, Aaron Lewis (solo), Candlebox, and even some Megan Trainor, plus Maroon 5 is always good, and I like everything from Fall Out Boy except their newest song from their new album (whole album hasn't been released yet). Their album Save Rock and Roll was okay, but it was a lot different from their typical stuff so it isn't my favorite. But this new song of theirs is like all computerized music EDM type stuff and it's just....yikes. I personally can't stand it at all even though a lot of music today is digitally enhanced or whatever. I like the older stuff because they used actual instruments, but to each their own I guess. :) I also really love Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Buddy Holly, and most jazz/big band music. I have a whole list of country music artists that I love also.  I totally didn't mean to ramble on here lol I just looove music. :) 

I agree, what the hell have fall out boy done??!! Terrible record! 

Your music taste sounds very much like mine - eclectic! I couldn't live without music!!! I listen every single day to something!! 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nudous said:

You Me At Six has been one of my favorites for a few years now.  Katy Perry and Burno Mars are fun, too.  I mainly listen to pop-punk type of stuff, like All Time Low and Mayday Parade.  They're pretty fun to jam out to, especially in the car when you're stuck in traffic in my opinion.

Not heard of Mayday Parade.....I'll give them a listen - thanks for the tip! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a soulful bluesy mood try Beth Hart

Also if you havent heard them try the civil wars, or the paper kites. I love them both. Kaleo is really good as well.

I love kings of Leon too. I dont know if any of that is your cup o' tea but it may be. 

Concrete blonde is also good lady rock.

If youre in to heavy dirty rock try in this moment. She rocks out. 

 

Smoother jazz type mood..melody Gardot 

 

Edited by bailiwick
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Songbird16 said:

I like a lot of  classic rock....Queen, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss, Black Sabbath, The Who, The Beatles, etc. I also like newer stuff...Disturbed and Shinedown are always favorites, Five Finger Death Punch, Staind, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Eminem, Aaron Lewis (solo), Candlebox, and even some Megan Trainor, plus Maroon 5 is always good, and I like everything from Fall Out Boy except their newest song from their new album (whole album hasn't been released yet). Their album Save Rock and Roll was okay, but it was a lot different from their typical stuff so it isn't my favorite. But this new song of theirs is like all computerized music EDM type stuff and it's just....yikes. I personally can't stand it at all even though a lot of music today is digitally enhanced or whatever. I like the older stuff because they used actual instruments, but to each their own I guess. :) I also really love Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Buddy Holly, and most jazz/big band music. I have a whole list of country music artists that I love also.  I totally didn't mean to ramble on here lol I just looove music. :) 

I was about to post here, but nevermind, you got all my faves covered xD

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do something to me by Paul Weller,catch the rainbow by rainbow,Ozzy paranoid,ozzy and Lita Ford if I close my eyes for ever,Dio Heaven and Hell and Holly diver,Eric Clapton I feel wonderful tonight,Pavlov's Dog Julia,Europe Carrie,Kiss I was made for loving you,Guns and roses Don't cry,Cutting crew I just died in your arms,Metallica The unforgiven,Bruce Dickinson Tears of the Dragon,M.S.G Nightmare,Scorpions Still loving you,Axel Rudi Pell When a blind man cries I prefer his than the original :P Animals House of the rising sun,No doubt Don't speak and everything from David Coverdale!I just love his voice.All my favorite songs,I have more I can't remember right now :P

Edited by kairi
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ac/Dc Back in black,Marvin Gaye Let's get it on ;) Led Zeppelin  whole  lotta love,I forgot pour some sugar on me!!Def leppard,Rolling Stones Paint it black,Beautiful disaster Kelly Clarkson,writings on the wall Sam Smith,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want some good music? Not "pop" check out:  Tedeschi Trucks Band (soulful, sexy), or Lettuce (of u want high energy funk).  The Revivalists (if u like rock with some jam).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Charlotte released new music :hyper:

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Iration and perfect for summer! 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BoDeans (with Sammy, not the new guy, and specifically their Home CD) Blue Rodeo, Reckless Kelly, Paul Carrack, Gathering Field...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 3:27 AM, kairi said:

Animals House of the rising sun

Lauren O'Connell also does a fine cover of this song that gives me chills every time. She collaborates with Nataly Dawn of Pomplamoose under the band name My Terrible Friend.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2017 at 0:39 PM, bailiwick said:

For a soulful bluesy mood try Beth Hart

Also if you havent heard them try the civil wars, or the paper kites. I love them both. Kaleo is really good as well.

I love kings of Leon too. I dont know if any of that is your cup o' tea but it may be. 

Concrete blonde is also good lady rock.

If youre in to heavy dirty rock try in this moment. She rocks out. 

 

Smoother jazz type mood..melody Gardot 

 

Sounds like a good mix and plenty to go at - I literally will try any music, depends on my mood - I'll pop some of these on my Spotify and let you know .....a bit of lady rock is always a good fall back :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2017 at 11:27 AM, kairi said:

You do something to me by Paul Weller,catch the rainbow by rainbow,Ozzy paranoid,ozzy and Lita Ford if I close my eyes for ever,Dio Heaven and Hell and Holly diver,Eric Clapton I feel wonderful tonight,Pavlov's Dog Julia,Europe Carrie,Kiss I was made for loving you,Guns and roses Don't cry,Cutting crew I just died in your arms,Metallica The unforgiven,Bruce Dickinson Tears of the Dragon,M.S.G Nightmare,Scorpions Still loving you,Axel Rudi Pell When a blind man cries I prefer his than the original :P Animals House of the rising sun,No doubt Don't speak and everything from David Coverdale!I just love his voice.All my favorite songs,I have more I can't remember right now :P

Omg no doubt - don't speak!!! Already on my playlist....don't judge me lol 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2017 at 11:27 AM, kairi said:

You do something to me by Paul Weller,catch the rainbow by rainbow,Ozzy paranoid,ozzy and Lita Ford if I close my eyes for ever,Dio Heaven and Hell and Holly diver,Eric Clapton I feel wonderful tonight,Pavlov's Dog Julia,Europe Carrie,Kiss I was made for loving you,Guns and roses Don't cry,Cutting crew I just died in your arms,Metallica The unforgiven,Bruce Dickinson Tears of the Dragon,M.S.G Nightmare,Scorpions Still loving you,Axel Rudi Pell When a blind man cries I prefer his than the original :P Animals House of the rising sun,No doubt Don't speak and everything from David Coverdale!I just love his voice.All my favorite songs,I have more I can't remember right now :P

GNR - not familiar with that song - I'll give it a try - thanks for the list :))

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2017 at 0:58 PM, TBD78 said:

Want some good music? Not "pop" check out:  Tedeschi Trucks Band (soulful, sexy), or Lettuce (of u want high energy funk).  The Revivalists (if u like rock with some jam).

Oh they sound fab! Think I've heard something by The Revivalists - thanks :))

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2017 at 6:32 AM, SakuraGirl said:

I love Iration and perfect for summer! 

 

Love this!!!!!!!! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/08/2017 at 6:56 AM, ChemFem said:

Lauren O'Connell also does a fine cover of this song that gives me chills every time. She collaborates with Nataly Dawn of Pomplamoose under the band name My Terrible Friend.

I'll defo give it a listen!!!!! Thanks you :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone who has posted so far!!! Appreciate you dropping by and some fab recommendations!!!! 

Keeping music alive :))) xx

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now