Smly

Give me some new tunes to listen to.....

32 posts in this topic

I love music, anything, and would love some new tunes......suggestions to add to my Spotify playlist polease :clapping:

thank you in advance......

9 hours ago, Smly said:

I love music, anything, and would love some new tunes......suggestions to add to my Spotify playlist polease :clapping:

thank you in advance......

Anything by Jill Scott, the Caracal album by disclosure, Hi Grade by Angel (i don't smoke, just like the tune!), Gregory Porter....

I like a lot of  classic rock....Queen, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss, Black Sabbath, The Who, The Beatles, etc. I also like newer stuff...Disturbed and Shinedown are always favorites, Five Finger Death Punch, Staind, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Eminem, Aaron Lewis (solo), Candlebox, and even some Megan Trainor, plus Maroon 5 is always good, and I like everything from Fall Out Boy except their newest song from their new album (whole album hasn't been released yet). Their album Save Rock and Roll was okay, but it was a lot different from their typical stuff so it isn't my favorite. But this new song of theirs is like all computerized music EDM type stuff and it's just....yikes. I personally can't stand it at all even though a lot of music today is digitally enhanced or whatever. I like the older stuff because they used actual instruments, but to each their own I guess. :) I also really love Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Buddy Holly, and most jazz/big band music. I have a whole list of country music artists that I love also.  I totally didn't mean to ramble on here lol I just looove music. :) 

You Me At Six has been one of my favorites for a few years now.  Katy Perry and Burno Mars are fun, too.  I mainly listen to pop-punk type of stuff, like All Time Low and Mayday Parade.  They're pretty fun to jam out to, especially in the car when you're stuck in traffic in my opinion.

19 hours ago, FabulousMe said:

Anything by Jill Scott, the Caracal album by disclosure, Hi Grade by Angel (i don't smoke, just like the tune!), Gregory Porter....

I'll give them a listen! Thanks :))

8 hours ago, Songbird16 said:

I like a lot of  classic rock....Queen, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss, Black Sabbath, The Who, The Beatles, etc. I also like newer stuff...Disturbed and Shinedown are always favorites, Five Finger Death Punch, Staind, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Eminem, Aaron Lewis (solo), Candlebox, and even some Megan Trainor, plus Maroon 5 is always good, and I like everything from Fall Out Boy except their newest song from their new album (whole album hasn't been released yet). Their album Save Rock and Roll was okay, but it was a lot different from their typical stuff so it isn't my favorite. But this new song of theirs is like all computerized music EDM type stuff and it's just....yikes. I personally can't stand it at all even though a lot of music today is digitally enhanced or whatever. I like the older stuff because they used actual instruments, but to each their own I guess. :) I also really love Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Buddy Holly, and most jazz/big band music. I have a whole list of country music artists that I love also.  I totally didn't mean to ramble on here lol I just looove music. :) 

I agree, what the hell have fall out boy done??!! Terrible record! 

Your music taste sounds very much like mine - eclectic! I couldn't live without music!!! I listen every single day to something!! 

7 hours ago, nudous said:

You Me At Six has been one of my favorites for a few years now.  Katy Perry and Burno Mars are fun, too.  I mainly listen to pop-punk type of stuff, like All Time Low and Mayday Parade.  They're pretty fun to jam out to, especially in the car when you're stuck in traffic in my opinion.

Not heard of Mayday Parade.....I'll give them a listen - thanks for the tip! 

For a soulful bluesy mood try Beth Hart

Also if you havent heard them try the civil wars, or the paper kites. I love them both. Kaleo is really good as well.

I love kings of Leon too. I dont know if any of that is your cup o' tea but it may be. 

Concrete blonde is also good lady rock.

If youre in to heavy dirty rock try in this moment. She rocks out. 

Smoother jazz type mood..melody Gardot 

Edited by bailiwick

12 hours ago, Songbird16 said:

I was about to post here, but nevermind, you got all my faves covered xD

You do something to me by Paul Weller,catch the rainbow by rainbow,Ozzy paranoid,ozzy and Lita Ford if I close my eyes for ever,Dio Heaven and Hell and Holly diver,Eric Clapton I feel wonderful tonight,Pavlov's Dog Julia,Europe Carrie,Kiss I was made for loving you,Guns and roses Don't cry,Cutting crew I just died in your arms,Metallica The unforgiven,Bruce Dickinson Tears of the Dragon,M.S.G Nightmare,Scorpions Still loving you,Axel Rudi Pell When a blind man cries I prefer his than the original :P Animals House of the rising sun,No doubt Don't speak and everything from David Coverdale!I just love his voice.All my favorite songs,I have more I can't remember right now :P

Edited by kairi

Ac/Dc Back in black,Marvin Gaye Let's get it on ;) Led Zeppelin  whole  lotta love,I forgot pour some sugar on me!!Def leppard,Rolling Stones Paint it black,Beautiful disaster Kelly Clarkson,writings on the wall Sam Smith,

Want some good music? Not "pop" check out:  Tedeschi Trucks Band (soulful, sexy), or Lettuce (of u want high energy funk).  The Revivalists (if u like rock with some jam).

Good Charlotte released new music :hyper:

I love Iration and perfect for summer! 

BoDeans (with Sammy, not the new guy, and specifically their Home CD) Blue Rodeo, Reckless Kelly, Paul Carrack, Gathering Field...

On 5/6/2017 at 3:27 AM, kairi said:

Animals House of the rising sun

Lauren O'Connell also does a fine cover of this song that gives me chills every time. She collaborates with Nataly Dawn of Pomplamoose under the band name My Terrible Friend.

On 05/05/2017 at 0:39 PM, bailiwick said:

For a soulful bluesy mood try Beth Hart

Also if you havent heard them try the civil wars, or the paper kites. I love them both. Kaleo is really good as well.

I love kings of Leon too. I dont know if any of that is your cup o' tea but it may be. 

Concrete blonde is also good lady rock.

If youre in to heavy dirty rock try in this moment. She rocks out. 

Smoother jazz type mood..melody Gardot 

Sounds like a good mix and plenty to go at - I literally will try any music, depends on my mood - I'll pop some of these on my Spotify and let you know .....a bit of lady rock is always a good fall back :)

On 06/05/2017 at 11:27 AM, kairi said:

You do something to me by Paul Weller,catch the rainbow by rainbow,Ozzy paranoid,ozzy and Lita Ford if I close my eyes for ever,Dio Heaven and Hell and Holly diver,Eric Clapton I feel wonderful tonight,Pavlov's Dog Julia,Europe Carrie,Kiss I was made for loving you,Guns and roses Don't cry,Cutting crew I just died in your arms,Metallica The unforgiven,Bruce Dickinson Tears of the Dragon,M.S.G Nightmare,Scorpions Still loving you,Axel Rudi Pell When a blind man cries I prefer his than the original :P Animals House of the rising sun,No doubt Don't speak and everything from David Coverdale!I just love his voice.All my favorite songs,I have more I can't remember right now :P

Omg no doubt - don't speak!!! Already on my playlist....don't judge me lol 

On 06/05/2017 at 11:27 AM, kairi said:

GNR - not familiar with that song - I'll give it a try - thanks for the list :))

On 06/05/2017 at 0:58 PM, TBD78 said:

Want some good music? Not "pop" check out:  Tedeschi Trucks Band (soulful, sexy), or Lettuce (of u want high energy funk).  The Revivalists (if u like rock with some jam).

Oh they sound fab! Think I've heard something by The Revivalists - thanks :))

On 20/05/2017 at 6:32 AM, SakuraGirl said:

I love Iration and perfect for summer! 

Love this!!!!!!!! 

On 01/08/2017 at 6:56 AM, ChemFem said:

Lauren O'Connell also does a fine cover of this song that gives me chills every time. She collaborates with Nataly Dawn of Pomplamoose under the band name My Terrible Friend.

I'll defo give it a listen!!!!! Thanks you :)

Thank you everyone who has posted so far!!! Appreciate you dropping by and some fab recommendations!!!! 

Keeping music alive :))) xx