14 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have any recommendations for Free PC MMORPGs? I currently play Runescape, Rift, and Runes of Magic

Let me see, there's World of Tanks, World of Warships or World Of Warcraft that I can suggest. I'd be interested to see what anyone else suggests! :)

11 hours ago, TyphoonFighter said:

Let me see, there's World of Tanks, World of Warships or World Of Warcraft that I can suggest. I'd be interested to see what anyone else suggests! :)

I don't know about the other two, but World of Warcraft is not a free MMORPG. Wow, is the only game I play so I am out of suggestions.

BTW @KitsuneRivka how is Rift now days? I was thinking about checking that out again. 

All I play is runescape as far as mmorpgs go anymore. I think The Secret World opens up as free to play soon, I remember enjoying that a lot when it first came out. Might go back to it when it goes free to play. Path of Exile is good, too. 

Sorry, yes, WOW is not free. World of Warships and World of Tanks are free, however. 

I have really gotten into neverwinter.. It was free on ps4 but I'm not sure about xbox/pc. It's definitely worth a try

16 minutes ago, Cherished said:

I have really gotten into neverwinter.. It was free on ps4 but I'm not sure about xbox/pc. It's definitely worth a try

It's free on PC too! I liked it but it never really seemed to keep my interest long for whatever reason. 

Wild Star is also free to play, if you like sci-fi stuff. 

On 6/22/2017 at 2:51 AM, nudous said:

All I play is runescape as far as mmorpgs go anymore. I think The Secret World opens up as free to play soon, I remember enjoying that a lot when it first came out. Might go back to it when it goes free to play. Path of Exile is good, too. 

Runescape = most of the lost hours of my youth. I wonder if I can still get into my account :P I played Immortal Night and Darkness Realm, the latter was better but I lost interest after after a year or so after they started.

5 hours ago, Hungry said:

Runescape = most of the lost hours of my youth. I wonder if I can still get into my account :P I played Immortal Night and Darkness Realm, the latter was better but I lost interest after after a year or so after they started.

I played runescape so much as a kid but lost interest for a while. Then a friend in high school got me back into it and now I'm addicted to it all over again haha. 

When I was a kid I played an mmorpg called City Of Heroes. Best mmo I have ever played. Still sad they closed it down :(

34 minutes ago, nudous said:

I played runescape so much as a kid but lost interest for a while. Then a friend in high school got me back into it and now I'm addicted to it all over again haha. 

When I was a kid I played an mmorpg called City Of Heroes. Best mmo I have ever played. Still sad they closed it down :(

I played when I was waiting for someone to get back to me during work but I don't think I'll get back into it. I'm a hardcore Chrome user and the seperate game launcher seems a bit glitchy.

SIDE NOTE: What's with all the cut scenes? .. I just wanna play and attack rats in Lumbridge and watch noobs insult each other in the castle with crappy graphics :P Oh the old days.. Just kidding, I'll probably play more eventually, I don't think adulthood will allow too many hours, but it's so easy to level up now!

1 hour ago, Hungry said:

I played when I was waiting for someone to get back to me during work but I don't think I'll get back into it. I'm a hardcore Chrome user and the seperate game launcher seems a bit glitchy.

SIDE NOTE: What's with all the cut scenes? .. I just wanna play and attack rats in Lumbridge and watch noobs insult each other in the castle with crappy graphics :P Oh the old days.. Just kidding, I'll probably play more eventually, I don't think adulthood will allow too many hours, but it's so easy to level up now!

Oh really? I love the stand alone launcher. I absolutely love that game. I pay 10 bucks a month for membership but i think it's worth it, I get my money's worth out of it for sure. I really only get to play on the weekends now and some when I get home from work. 

There are lots of cut scenes now! I think they're trying to make it a little more immersive. I know they've been really pushing the quests on people lately. I need to do a loooot of quests to unlock the area I want. Prifindas just looks so pretty! 

I think Wildstar has adopted a Free-To-Play policy. It's a really fun futuristic MMO with a battle system that's focused on telegraphed abilities and heavy movement during battle. It also has ridiculously customizable player housing.

Edited by Silo

I havent really read through the thread but, Tera, Guild wars, Maplestory,. World pf Warcraft but you gotta pay a monthly subscription and Final Fantasy as well but it amazing. 

I used to play a text-based mmorpg called Impossible Island. No graphics but still lots of fun.