DiscoveringMe

Overwhelmed

12 posts in this topic

Hi! Just typing this out right now is a HUGE step for me. I grew up in an ultra conservative community that was super against anything not completely straight and completely married. Even being single wasn't okay once you were in your late teens/early twenties!

Anyway, I've had feelings and desires toward some women around me ever since I was a teen. Always thought I was broken somehow until my very supportive husband and I started talking about stuff (absolutely no idea how we got on that topic!)

I am glad to have his support, but I'm so relieved to find a place where I can talk to other ladies in similar situations and get feedback. I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes!

Hello. I'm very new to all this as well, but I just wanted to say well done on being so brave to be true to yourself.

You too! Starting typing was the worse part. Felt kind of relieved once I hit the submit button though. :)

Yeah I know...it's kind of hard to know what to say isn't it!

Welcome to shybi!

I'm so glad to hear that despite what you endured growing up that your husband is supportive and is listening to how you feel. Supportive partners are such an amazing thing to have in our situation. I'm glad you found us :)

Please take a look at the "how the forum works" part of our site as it's filled with all the questions and answers you may want to know about such as name colours, rules, post count and just general navigating of the site.

If you need anything there's a contact us button on the main page or you can contact one of the mods such as myself and we'll do our best to answer any questions you may have.

Look round the forums and have a read, and just start posting whenym you feel comfortable to. Have fun and enjoy shybi

Rocky

Edited by Rocker83

Welcome to the site!  Your husband's support is so helpful!  This site will hopefully help you feel less alone.  You're far from alone, that's for sure!

On 5/11/2017 at 0:34 AM, DiscoveringMe said:

You too! Starting typing was the worse part. Felt kind of relieved once I hit the submit button though. :)

I felt the same way. It was hard for me to accept this new me, but even harder to express how I feel. It is nice to have a place to talk about it.

Two months ago, I would have said I'd never join a site like this.  Even admitting to myself that I was bi curious was a forbidden thought.  I feel kind of brave for taking the step, and thankful that there are so many great women on this site.

Welcome! 

I grew up in a house the same way! I am so happy to be with my hubby who is bi like I am he makes me feel like its safe to be me!!

On 5/20/2017 at 3:16 PM, MysticArtist92 said:

I grew up in a house the same way! I am so happy to be with my hubby who is bi like I am he makes me feel like its safe to be me!!

I am so glad you have a supportive hubby! I don't know where I would be without mine! If he hadn't conveyed that it was normal and okay to be me, and it was unhealthy to be locking up part of myself, I don't know if I could have come around to acknowledging that part of myself. 

I'm feeling much more at peace about this now too. Just giving it time and going slow. :)

On 5/19/2017 at 6:03 PM, CuriouslyMarriedWoman said:

Two months ago, I would have said I'd never join a site like this.  Even admitting to myself that I was bi curious was a forbidden thought.  I feel kind of brave for taking the step, and thankful that there are so many great women on this site.

The same way here. I've been curious for awhile. But when I started liking that girl at work, I couldn't hide from it anymore, I just knew. Too bad that didn't go anywhere.