Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
myladylove

Predudice in sport

3 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if any other bi ladies have ever experienced predudice in sport and if so how you handled it and what can be done without making the situation worse. being active is very important to me for both my mental and physical health. I am angry and a bit down with the nicer weather coming that I actually feel afraid to return to the local pool after some quite unpleasant harassment I experienced in the summer/autumn of 2015. I have tried some other activities since then but swimming has always been my favourite and comes more naturally to me than jumping about in an exercise class getting all hot and sweaty.

In fact in general, right now in the community I live in I am feeling very excluded from anything outside of my home as there is always a sense of not being wanted, a sort of discomfort that I am a difficult to place kind of person that nobody can put in a box so therefore we really don't want you around. Given that I pay taxes the same as everyone else I, understandably feel that I have a right to enroll or participate in courses/activities.

Is this just me or are others experiencing this?

I'd say when situations like that happen to approach the manager of the facility or instructor of the class. Harassment shouldn't be allowed at the pool etc and the manager should be made aware and the offender(s) removed. You have a right to work out in a safe environment. Good luck! 

Best way to do it is to go! 2015 was a long time ago and you can't allow that to stop you! If you experience harassment anywhere contact the manager right away. Do not allow yourself to be sheltered at home, depression will keep you there.