Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blueeyes4

Manchester tattoo appeal

3 posts in this topic

Is anyone considering having this done ? And if so ....why ? You can still and should donate money to the victims and their families without having a tattoo ?

The importance of the bee to Manchester:

• The bee has been an emblem of Manchester since the Victorian era
  • Several theories exist about how it became the city's symbol, but a popular one suggests a German architect described Manchester, then rich with mills and factories, as a "hive of activity"
  • It is a worker bee, symbolising the industry of the city and its people, and was adopted into Manchester's coat of arms in 1842
  • The bee can be found around the city, including on bollards and in the mosaic tiles of the Town Hall.

I love Manchester and it's people , the gay night life has been one of my best experience so far and I want to all I can to help and I will .Just wondering your thoughts ......

I think that's a really great idea. It also shows unified strength and support. 

I was traveling with my college just a little bit south of Manchester when at attack happened.  It broke my heart hearing it on the news, especially as they started listing the victims.  The day I went to visit Windsor Castle, the queen was in Manchester visiting the victims, which was a comforting sight. Right before I left to head back to the US, I had several pounds left over and I didn't want to take the hit for the currency exchange so I hunted down some charities and donated what I had left. 

~Stay strong, with love from Texas

Edited by San_Sebastian

Hi @blueeyes4..a couple of my friends have had them done....have families in Manchester,and which ever tattooist does them..the money still  goes to the charity fund...

I think it's a great way to help raise  money..us tattoo lovers don't need much convincing to get another and if the proceeds go to the families..all the better.. x x