J-Net

Circumcised, foreskin or does it really matter?

35 posts in this topic

I showed my girlfriends the small penis topic in the forum and we got talking what we liked or disliked about a man's penis.  It seems we were divided on whether we preferred  a  circumcised penis or one that had the foreskin intact.  WE all agreed that what's important is how he used it and it really didn't matter as long as  he kept him self clean.  So girls do you prefer your man to be circumcised or does it matter? 

I don't even like the look of an uncircumcised cock. Reminds me too much of dogs!

My OH is circumcised and says that he wouldn't have it any other way.... but then he's never known any different.

Circumcision may be a very contentious subject. Carried out for religious reasons, (dubious) health reasons or simply by societal convention (as in the US), it is considered to be mutilation in some circles and even equated with FGM .

We don't circumcise the boys here.Its just the way things are in Greece.

I should had added that my husband isn't circumcised and it doesn't bother me.  When he pulls back the foreskin his penis looks as though it's wearing a turtle neck which I find cute in a weird way :D!!!  All that matters to me is that I get pleasure from it when necessary !!!!  I know that some women like how a circumcised penis looks but bottom line they all perform the same....

My preference is def circumcised! I've never interacted with one that isn't, but if you ladies all want a good laugh, there is a pretty awesome scene in Bad Moms in which they discuss and demonstrate moving the foreskin off the head - it's quite amusing 

Cut only... I have only ever had one that wasn't...and...never again...

Besides the aesthetic view that cut is more pleasing to the eye, and generally nicer to handle, there is also a medical argument that the communication of STDs (including HIV/AIDS) is lower in circumcised men...

My partner isn't circumcised and I don't mind it.. it looks like it is circumcised when it is erect so it doesn't bother me. He keeps it clean and washes It even after showering. I suppose it matters more if they have bad personal hygiene

Clean is the part that matters. I don't think it matters about foreskin or not. Guys with it have to be careful that it gets clean underneath.

I hate the smell or taste of a guy who doesn't exercise personal hygiene in this department.

Regarding some of the comments on penis hygiene and looks.......Practicing good hygiene whether your female or male is critical in preventing or spreading diseases or infections.  I know my husband practices good hygiene by pulling his foreskin back while he's showering he evens uses my feminine wash when he washes his penis.  He even retracts the foreskin when he pees so there no lingering urine trapped under the foreskin.  Regarding the visual aspect I've seen women that have pussies that aren't the best looking but that doesn't distract  from them looking sexy.   It's all a matter of accepting people regardless of looks for who they are.......  If guy treats me with respect and honesty then that's some of what's most attrative to me and not if he's circumcised or not. 

Circumcised please. I got a real shock to find that many parts of Europe are not circumcised at birth. It seems there is a wave of new wave of parents in the US choosing not to circumcise these days too. While you can remain clean and safe uncut, it looks better.

The general concensus from women I know, we prefer not having to offer a guy extra wipes after :P There's also the sexual aspects of being cut than many women don't really think of such as the increased sensation during oral, accessing a woman or a man for that matter and for me the best part is the ease of giving a blowjob. 

Most of the men I've dated have been cut, so it makes the others stand out more. If I had a son it'd be done on day 1 there's enough pros to outweigh the cons in the early days, they're gonna cry anyway and it's better than them growing uncomfortably or like several guys I've met, catching it in their flies as teens, Ouch!

Edited by Hungry

2 hours ago, J-Net said:

Regarding some of the comments on penis hygiene and looks.......Practicing good hygiene whether your female or male is critical in preventing or spreading diseases or infections.  I know my husband practices good hygiene by pulling his foreskin back while he's showering he evens uses my feminine wash when he washes his penis.  He even retracts the foreskin when he pees so there no lingering urine trapped under the foreskin.  Regarding the visual aspect I've seen women that have pussies that aren't the best looking but that doesn't distract  from them looking sexy.   It's all a matter of accepting people regardless of looks for who they are.......  If guy treats me with respect and honesty then that's some of what's most attrative to me and not if he's circumcised or not. 

My hubby did the same, pull back the foreskin to wash, I've watched him do it, he was always very careful about personal hygiene. I am surprised to read about some of the ladies preference for their lovers to be cut, I didn't know it was that common, I thought it was only done for religious or medical reasons. Where do guys get this done, do they just go along to the GP surgery or is it done in hospital? Regarding doing it to your child I think that the male person should be old enough to make their own choice about something so personal.

17 minutes ago, myladylove said:

My hubby did the same, pull back the foreskin to wash, I've watched him do it, he was always very careful about personal hygiene. I am surprised to read about some of the ladies preference for their lovers to be cut, I didn't know it was that common, I thought it was only done for religious or medical reasons. Where do guys get this done, do they just go along to the GP surgery or is it done in hospital? Regarding doing it to your child I think that the male person should be old enough to make their own choice about something so personal.

While that's a nice idea. How many males are going to willingly go to the Dr to talk about their penis without medical need? :P If men knew what goes through some womens minds when they see an uncut penis, a few more would probably go! 

It's an embarrasing thing so I don't feel like you're taking anything away from a guy by circumcising - I've heard the "I want it to be their decision" and it's like no, you weren't all for it so you chose not to and that's ok but most guys are not going to think about altering their lot in adulthood.

Most people I've met had it done as a kid or for a medical reason. I did have one ex get it done at a clinic in his thirties cos he preferred the look. If I was with a man long-term and they weren't, I'd throw the option out there.

Edited by Hungry

14 minutes ago, myladylove said:

It's still generally standard in the US to have male babies circumcised (at birth, in the hospital)...as the result of World War II, when men who were drafted had to be circumcised as adults, for hygiene purposes...which was very painful...  :O  

Consequently, most American women have never seen an uncircumcised penis (and some don't even realise that there is such a thing), unless they have had foreign lovers... 

The comedian Amy Schumer does a whole sketch about a young American woman's reaction to seeing an uncut d**k for the first time, which is spot on, and very, very funny!

11 minutes ago, BenedettaC said:

The comedian Amy Schumer does a whole sketch about a young American woman's reaction to seeing an uncut d**k for the first time, which is spot on, and very, very funny!

Unfortunately, I can't find the short clip of just that. But I remember seeing that and send it to some friends being like this is so true! An uncircumcised penis does change how sex will go and I think they're more than a few women that feel disappointed when met with that. 

My ex husband was uncircumcised and it was never an issue for me. (He was born in Korea) But it was a huge issue for him. He was very embarrassed that his mother had not made that choice for him, but it wasn't really standard there. He sometimes spoke about having it done as an adult but never did. 

I did circumcise my son, however, for many reasons. But I chose to do it after weeks of research and speaking to my doctor about the pros & cons. In the end, the pros far outweigh the cons. Its much more likely that he could spread disease if he were not cut. It contributes largely to HPV infection, which could ultimately lead to cancer for women.

Not to mention, in the US, males are circumcised more often than not. I did not want him to be the guy in the locker room that felt out of place. 

I think he will be grateful for my decision as an adult. And so will his wife. 

But I won't rag on a man that isn't cut. Besides, it's not something I would want to do as an adult either. That's scary.

Edited by cre8yourf8

5 hours ago, cre8yourf8 said:

My ex husband was uncircumcised and it was never an issue for me. (He was born in Korea) But it was a huge issue for him. He was very embarrassed that his mother had not made that choice for him, but it wasn't really standard there. He sometimes spoke about having it done as an adult but never did. 

I did circumcise my son, however, for many reasons. But I chose to do it after weeks of research and speaking to my doctor about the pros & cons. In the end, the pros far outweigh the cons. Its much more likely that he could spread disease if he were not cut. It contributes largely to HPV infection, which could ultimately lead to cancer for women.

Not to mention, in the US, males are circumcised more often than not. I did not want him to be the guy in the locker room that felt out of place. 

I think he will be grateful for my decision as an adult. And so will his wife. 

But I won't rag on a man that isn't cut. Besides, it's not something I would want to do as an adult either. That's scary.

So presumably it is better to have it done when young or do adult men get it done?

15 hours ago, Hungry said:

Unfortunately, I can't find the short clip of just that. But I remember seeing that and send it to some friends being like this is so true! An uncircumcised penis does change how sex will go and I think they're more than a few women that feel disappointed when met with that. 

I've just been looking at some before and after piccys and yeah I guess it is more appealing after, but I wonder if the foreskin is their to protect the end and if cut away the end would/could be subject to rubbing and soreness?

1 hour ago, myladylove said:

I've just been looking at some before and after piccys and yeah I guess it is more appealing after, but I wonder if the foreskin is their to protect the end and if cut away the end would/could be subject to rubbing and soreness?

If anything it's actually less, the whole point is that it's open.. the skin is a barrier. The rubbing and friction comes from that usually.

While some have more of a foreskin that others, you can imagine that bacteria is reduced and the ability to access and thrust is easier. There's nothing a bit of lube can't fix if necessary, but also there's the plus of extra stimulation at the tip. For the other person, it's also easier to pleasure. 

Round here we have a saying, "I know it's cold in Britain. But it doesn't need a sweater". :P

Actually circumcision deadens the nerve endings in the head of the penis over time so there's no irritation once it's healed.   I guess a foreskin does provide some level of protection in that regard due to active nerve endings.   My husband usually pulls back his foreskin prior to intercourse so entry is not a problem.  He doesn't suffer dryness since the foreskin maintains a level of moisture so very little if any lubrication is necessary not that a little doesn't doesn't help it's just not really necessary.   He keeps himself very clean there so there's chance of bacteria or odor developing.  His mother taught him how to clean himself and was very insistent on maintaining his hygiene.   When erect the tip of his penis peeks through the end of the foreskin in sort of a peek a boo fashion :rolleyes: which I  find a little sexy...I know weird right!!!!

1 hour ago, J-Net said:

Actually circumcision deadens the nerve endings in the head of the penis over time so there's no irritation once it's healed.   I guess a foreskin does provide some level of protection in that regard due to active nerve endings.   My husband usually pulls back his foreskin prior to intercourse so entry is not a problem.  He doesn't suffer dryness since the foreskin maintains a level of moisture so very little if any lubrication is necessary not that a little doesn't doesn't help it's just not really necessary.   He keeps himself very clean there so there's chance of bacteria or odor developing.  His mother taught him how to clean himself and was very insistent on maintaining his hygiene.   When erect the tip of his penis peeks through the end of the foreskin in sort of a peek a boo fashion :rolleyes: which I  find a little sexy...I know weird right!!!!

Not the people I've met. I have heard that some guys have been put off surgery for that reason but unless you're prone to those issues pre-op there's little to worry about and I'm sure whoever they meet will be willing to work around and maybe even more so when there's a larger surface area to cover so to speak. 

The solider in a helmet metaphor isn't my thing at all. It is easier for women when it's all there to see so to speak. It's not a massive deal but I'm glad it does it for you. The only cocks I've seen uncut were the worst of my life in performance so I think my mind has drawn further conclusions! 

Hungry,    I should have said deadens the nerves somewhat and not totally....my mistake.  The tip of the penis isn't effected so it's still remains sensitive.  Maybe the poor performance you experiences had more to do with who they were than having a foreskin.  I've been with circumcised guys that  were poor performers in the sex department so I think a man's performance is influenced  somewhat in the emotional and mental connection  with the female he's with or at least that's my impression.  Being circumcised or having a foreskin doesn't alter the surface area of the penis it might just appear larger since the folded foreskin just makes it look smaller. 

When I dated men, I never had a strong preference for circ vs. uncirc, but I will say it's easier to jerk off a guy who's uncirc'd.  I never really noticed much of a difference during vaginal penetration.  Individual skill and attention to my response were much more important, and I never saw a correlation between circ'd and uncirc'd partners.

I will try to tread lightly while I place my urology nurse cap on...

Professionally, I saw way more men with medical problems related to circumcision than related to having a foreskin.  It's easier to repair issues with a foreskin than with a circumcision.

The foreskin serves many purposes, including protecting the glans (head) of the penis, which makes it more sensitive.  When the foreskin is removed, the glans, while it remains sensitive, it becomes desensitized to some degree.  However, men who don't know any different may not know the difference.  It would be like cutting off the clitoral hood and having your glans exposed at all times to the friction of walking and going about your daily business.

Hygiene, I think we can all agree, is key.  Men should retract the foreskin while washing to wash and rinse under the foreskin.  The foreskin should NOT be retracted in young boys for whom it does not yet naturally retract, otherwise, that can cause other problems.

The increased risk of spreading infection with a foreskin versus without is actually quite minimal, especially if the man exercises proper hygiene.

Now to switch to my OB nurse cap...

Watching the procedure makes my skin crawl.  I have seen babies nearly bleed to death from circumcisions.  Babies have low clotting factors, which is part of why we give them a vitamin K shot shortly after birth (primarily in case there is any small bleed in the brain that we don't see, after all that pushing).  When babies cry, it increases their blood pressure and heart rate, which increases bleeding.  The scab will sometimes stick to a diaper, which opens the wound, and they cry from pain, hence bleeding.  With feces and urine exposure, the risk of infection is very high, and it happens.

Babies have contracted STIs from rabbis performing circumcision in the traditional manner.  STIs can be fatal to newborns, who have almost no immune system (especially when less than 2 weeks old).

Depending on your location in the US and the world, you will see this procedure being performed less and less often, particularly in the western US.

Anecdotally, when I was pregnant (before I was a nurse) and found out I was having a boy, my ex-husband (who is circ'd) and I spoke with my brother, who is uncirc'd and considered having it done as an adult.  He'd had hypersensitivity issues when having sex without a condom, and was concerned it would be an issue as he got older and got married.  The healing process as an adult is tough, especially when you have to deal with the natural erections that occur as a normal course of a day, and that's a big reason he decided against it.  He has no regrets about not going through it.  We decided not to do it with our son.

I've been with both styles when I use to date men and it never made a difference to me.  

It was interesting though that  when I was married and pregnant with my son (we didn't peek to see what I was having) we had several discussions on the topic.  My husband felt let down not knowing what it would feel like to have the extra skin.  Then we discussed it with his dad and my father who both agreed there was no medical reason for it, so we decided to leave the choice to our son by not circumcising him.

20 hours ago, BiTriMama said:

It would be like cutting off the clitoral hood and having your glans exposed at all times to the friction of walking and going about your daily business.

I'm gonna agree on every point, expect I've heard of people getting friction with exposure. But that implies anyone without a hood experiences that. I feel like what women experience in comparison is far less and if it is really a constant for them it's not pleasant!

On 6/7/2017 at 8:01 AM, myladylove said:

So presumably it is better to have it done when young or do adult men get it done?

Hello, I can't say that I have known any adult men that have done it after adulthood. But then again, that is such a personal decision and I can't imagine anyone giving me those details in conversation. Or at least I would like to think they aren't comfortable discussing their penises with me, lol. I do know the service is offered though.