J-Net

Circumcised, foreskin or does it really matter?

35 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, cre8yourf8 said:

Hello, I can't say that I have known any adult men that have done it after adulthood. But then again, that is such a personal decision and I can't imagine anyone giving me those details in conversation. Or at least I would like to think they aren't comfortable discussing their penises with me, lol. I do know the service is offered though.

When I googled it a few private clinics that do it came up. I also googled some images of the effects of the procedure and it looks pretty horrific when an adult male has it done. I guess it's not for general conversation but might come up with a lover. (pardon the pun) ....

I'm used to seeing circumcised penises, as I live in America and Americans seem to culturally abhor foreskin. Frankly though, I wish my husband was uncircumcised because I feel the whole 'I will never circumcise my son' point would resonate more if he didn't feel like his kid should be circumcised because he was circumcised. 

On 6/9/2017 at 8:53 AM, myladylove said:

When I googled it a few private clinics that do it came up. I also googled some images of the effects of the procedure and it looks pretty horrific when an adult male has it done. I guess it's not for general conversation but might come up with a lover. (pardon the pun) ....

This is the reason parents could do it when they're younger. The healing process is much rougher on an adult. It's similar to clit hood removal if done to an infant. There's risks both sides but there's far less risk to sexual pleasure and performance from being circumcised early for men. The longer you wait the higher the risk. There's also less risk of STDs for men as a result, while it's higher in women. Major damage and discomfort is more likely for women.

So really, guys get the better deal. Again :P 

Edited by Hungry

I was going to say the same thing BiTriMama said. Not only was it easier to perform with my hands (I won't go into detail) but it felt better and more natural for me. In my experience, sex is more pleasing with an uncut penis. I even considered getting an uncut dildo at one point. 

So not everyone is turned off by it. I just think its important that they properly care for the foreskin and clean it. But that's not a big deal, no more difficult than me cleaning myself. 

On 6/22/2017 at 2:28 PM, cre8yourf8 said:

I was going to say the same thing BiTriMama said. Not only was it easier to perform with my hands (I won't go into detail) but it felt better and more natural for me. In my experience, sex is more pleasing with an uncut penis. I even considered getting an uncut dildo at one point. 

So not everyone is turned off by it. I just think its important that they properly care for the foreskin and clean it. But that's not a big deal, no more difficult than me cleaning myself. 

Will concur about hand jobs being easier with foreskin present. @BiTriMama makes a compelling health-based case against which I wasn't previously aware of.

I prefer circumcised but I think that's just because I got accustomed to it. Although I find it more aesthetically pleasing I am very bothered by the idea of cutting on baby boys.

From the sound of it if somebody feels strongly about it they can still get their kid circumcised, just not right after birth. Many of the issues @BiTriMama brought up, such as lack of clotting factors, could be averted by waiting until the first infant well check to conduct the procedure (in case convenience is a factor and people don't want to come back separately for just the circumcision)

11 hours ago, ChemFem said:

From the sound of it if somebody feels strongly about it they can still get their kid circumcised, just not right after birth. Many of the issues @BiTriMama brought up, such as lack of clotting factors, could be averted by waiting until the first infant well check to conduct the procedure (in case convenience is a factor and people don't want to come back separately for just the circumcision)

Often, insurance doesn't cover it if it doesn't happen during the hospital stay, especially state insurance, at least here in CA.  So that is often one factor.

12 minutes ago, BiTriMama said:

Often, insurance doesn't cover it if it doesn't happen during the hospital stay, especially state insurance, at least here in CA.  So that is often one factor.

I see, I wasn't aware of that. Insurance imposes all sorts of extra constraints on healthcare decisions. >:( of course I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted.

Great to have stumbled across this topic since I just got the news I will be having a boy next year; husband and I had already settled (mostly) on the decision not to circumcise if it were to be a boy.  I'm still going to have a chat with my doctor closer to the due date, but "most Americans seem to do it," isn't a very good reason to me if there aren't clear medical reasons for surgery on one of the most sensitive parts of the body.  I imagine later on there will be talks (or angry teenage outbursts) about looking different than other boys, but hopefully he'll be able to appreciate our point of view eventually.

Also, it's the first time I've referred to Future Baby as a "he".  Woah!

Edited by Veruca Salk