Monarchmarathoner

Discovery about some friends...

6 posts in this topic

So my husband and I have these friends. They have been together since college and just got married after 10 years together. We knew the dude, Jim, for a long time. My husband grew up with him and I have been friends with him since high school. Jim's wife, Annie, has been around since early college so we all have known each other for awhile. But we don't really talk about deep stuff together even though we have been friends for awhile. I would call us old friends, but not close friends. Jim's personality it pretty introverted. A little immature. He's the type to just want to spend all day with his computer. His wife is more outgoing, a little bit butch with super short hair, facial piercings. I always got a bit of a gay vibe from her. She also has a lot of lesbian friends which doesn't necessarily mean anything but I just always thought she liked chicks too. But we have never talked about it. So recently a mutual friend found Annie on Bumble. She said she was in an ethically non-monogamous relationship and she was looking for an open minded lady or couple. I'm not really surprised but at he same time I'm so curious! Mostly because I'd love for my husband to be that supportive of my sexuality. And I just want to know questions like how long has this been going on and does Jim date dudes or participate with the couples/ladies they find. I'm not at all interested in trying to get with them though. Neither is my type, my husband would never go for it, and we have known each other for too long. But I am certainly intrigued. The four of us are going to the beach together in early July and I'm curious to know if they will try anything or if they will at least open up to us about their situation. Just thought I would share! The good news is this has opened up conversation between my husband and me about it which works in my favor. Jim and Annie don't know I'm bi. Or at least I haven't told them but I do think they are at least suspicious because they drop hints from time to time. 

It sounds like that vacation could be a good time to come out to them. Make it clear that you are not angling to get together with either or both of them, but just want to know a bit more about how it works for them. They can guide that aspect of the conversation, and you can guide discussion of your orientation.

If any of my friends found my husband and I on a swinging site I’d be delighted if they felt they could ask about it! So I say go for it!!! 

Did you ever end up bringing it up to them?  How did that go?

2 minutes ago, BiTriMama said:

Did you ever end up bringing it up to them?  How did that go?

Well spotted... I didn’t see that this was from last June!! :blink:

3 hours ago, Twiceifilikeit said:

Well spotted... I didn’t see that this was from last June!! :blink:

Me neither, I only realized afterwards.