TyphoonFighter

Northwest UK?

21 posts in this topic

When I was first using the site, literally years ago, there used to be a thread for women in the Northwest. 

It might be nice to arrange meet ups in the local area, discuss local events and occurrences. 

Well, I'll start. :) I live in Liverpool, anyone else? 

I'm north of Manchester :)

Nice to meet you both! 

Wirral :-)

Near Liverpool too :D

On 05/08/2017 at 7:33 AM, GeekWife said:

Near Liverpool too :D

Loving your little binosaur icon!  (Oh, Manchester, to keep on subject for the thread)

I'm near Lancaster x

Wirral here too :)

I know people not commented for a while but just wondering if anyone still around Manchester area? 

Not Manchester or that way, more midlands myself but travel to Manchester, Nottingham way etc

There's definitely a fistful of people still around on here from Manchester - I know some of the other people at the BiPhoria meets are shybis!

Thanks for replying can I ask what  is the biphoria meets? 

Originally from the Wirral but currently live in North Wales

On 27/11/2017 at 8:51 PM, Shy cat said:

Thanks for replying can I ask what  is the biphoria meets? 

The local bi social/support group in Manchester. There are talky meets, pub meets, coffee meets and so on each month. Kinda like this only in the real world.

23 hours ago, softfruit said:

The local bi social/support group in Manchester. There are talky meets, pub meets, coffee meets and so on each month. Kinda like this only in the real world.

will check it out ta x

There are things like it in most of the big cities - Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham seem to have the busiest groups at the mo :)

I've recently moved between Preston and Blackpool (moved from the Surrey) anyone know of any good hang outs in the surrounding areas that are good for making a few friends??

TyphoonFighter, I know... there was a dedicated section for meet ups but I feel as though that may have been removed from the site.

Softfruit, I have a question about physical LGBT meets, such as 'bi-phoria'... I think I already know the answer, but is it accepted to go to said meets if you are in a relationship? Like, it's not the case that people assume that you would only join such a group if you were single? Just checking :)

Tellok, I'm from near Blackpool but now live in Preston. I luuuuurve going out in Blackpool to the gay bars. I find that folk are much more open to enjoying craic with strangers than they are down Canal Street (my personal opinion only). Moving from Surrey is a big move - go you :) Personally, when I was at a loose end when living near Blackpool I joined a mountain biking group based in Lancaster. Besides that I'd just recommend checking out 'meetup' to see what's going on, Message me if you think I can help further re: getting settled into the new area :)

PS, lots of Wirral and Liverpool folk on here :)

@burgled! there are bound to be one or two that are exceptions to the rule but like 99% of them it is entirely OK if you are in a relationship. I mean some people go along to make friends and are privately hoping for "something more", I'm sure, but generally the stuff that is out there is social and/or support oriented and people are mainly looking to make friends. After all if you were only in it to pick up someone cute then you'd more likely go to a bar...