Tpearl002

What made join Shybi?

42 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2017 at 9:08 PM, Daughter of Zora said:

In a funny way admitting it was easy. The hard part is figuring out what that means in praxis. What are the next steps, who (if anyone) do I tell, how to I flirt with other women, how to address biphobia, blah blah blah. So having this forum of a bunch of other women moving through the world in similar situations is comforting. It means nothing going through my head is insurmountable.

Totally how I feel. It's this newly admitted attraction I'm feeling and this crazy girl crush I have happening. It was easy to tell my bestie and my guy.... It's the what does that mean part that's confusing! I joined so I can have somewhere to sort out my head and not feel alone in this.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:31 PM, Tpearl002 said:

I've been on here for a week or two. I decided to join and try to be a active member of Shybi to meet and chat with other women having similar experience as I have. I'm not out to the people around me so I don't get to talk about my sane sex attraction or openly discuss a woman I may like. Basically, a part of me is squashed. Joining Shybi gives me a way to be my full self until I am ready to come out to those close to me. 

If anyone wants to share what made you join Shybi?

I joined because I was very confused when I started questioning. I'm married and in my upper 20s, and it kind of took me by surprise. Turns out it's not that uncommon. 

I only lurked until just recently. :lol:

Just needed to connect with women who felt like I did...

I was looking for answers, I suppose, to why I was feeling this way at this point in my life. It was a very confusing, frustrating, but exciting time for me and I was reading up on bisexuality and discovered this site. I was soon hooked and have got to know some amazing, special people along the way who have helped me through a very difficult year.

Life would be very different now, in so many ways, if I hadn't joined that day! So my advice to anyone who isn't sure.......just do it. Great things could happen!

Similar to everyone else, I needed a place to discuss my feelings that I haven't been able to discuss with my family and friends. I do have 2 close friends who know and my husband knows I'm curious but we've never actually talked about what that means for me. I'm hoping being here will help me gain the courage to talk about it eventually and I hope to make some friends in the process. 

I can't even remember how I came across this site, nearly 10 years ago. I've never really been shy about my desire for women, but I needed an outlet for my feelings, and if I met a few friends along the way, well then, what was wrong with that? :) I may not be as active as I used to be, but my heart is eventually always led back here.

I found out about it from a member of a different queer support group when I mentioned I didn't quite feel right frequenting lesbian spaces as I feel gay women deserve some space to themselves.

As bi-sexuality appears to be part of who I am, then I don't want to push aside anything that makes me, me! Here I have discovered that there are so many women who feel the same, it's wonderful and liberating and I want to find out more about it 

I found this site while researching the feelings that I was experiencing.  I was concerned that I was unique in my feelings.  You all have opened my eyes and the result is that I’m more comfortable.

Hello All!  I just found this site today.  In college I was pretty certain I was bi, then after having my first boyfriend (late bloomer), I think I was in denial of it or maybe just bottled it away for a while.  I started noticing my attractions to women again in the last year, and tried talking with my now boyfriend about it, but he is not nearly as understanding or open-minded,  So I went searching for a safe space to discuss this sort of thing.

23 minutes ago, NoOne said:

Hello All!  I just found this site today.  In college I was pretty certain I was bi, then after having my first boyfriend (late bloomer), I think I was in denial of it or maybe just bottled it away for a while.  I started noticing my attractions to women again in the last year, and tried talking with my now boyfriend about it, but he is not nearly as understanding or open-minded,  So I went searching for a safe space to discuss this sort of thing.

Welcome! Can I make a suggestion...head over to The Big Welcome Forum and start your own thread there introducing yourself (you could even copy what you've written here, it's a good introduction)...you'll get more responses that way

13 minutes ago, Cute&Curious said:

Welcome! Can I make a suggestion...head over to The Big Welcome Forum and start your own thread there introducing yourself (you could even copy what you've written here, it's a good introduction)...you'll get more responses that way

Thank you!  I will do that!!

1 hour ago, NoOne said:

Welcome!  You will find everyone here to be understanding of your desires.  Enjoy!

I just joined this afternoon after hating myself for not being able to be me at work and with new friends. I’m so thankful I found this site! Moving sucks at least I can be me here, and not worry about what this community thinks of my choices. :)

I registered a few months ago and instantly felt guilty and never came back. After months of feeling confused and alone, I decided to really take the plunge and actually introduce myself and connect to other women who felt like myself. 

My best friend and my fiancé know I'm bi, but I can't really talk to them about it the way I would with other women who have the same or similar experiences. 

1 hour ago, Esi.luna said:

I registered a few months ago and instantly felt guilty and never came back. After months of feeling confused and alone, I decided to really take the plunge and actually introduce myself and connect to other women who felt like myself. 

My best friend and my fiancé know I'm bi, but I can't really talk to them about it the way I would with other women who have the same or similar experiences. 

I'm sorry you felt guilty *hugs* thanks for sticking around. The overlap in experiences here is super validating.

Thank you @ChemFem! *hugs*

the warmth and validation mean so much!