11 posts in this topic

Is there a special someone that comes to mind, that inspires thought and evokes emotion? 

No I just write what I'm thinking about on any given day...

No one specific that acts as my muse but music tends to lead me to ideas. Also other stories that I have read. Characters or situations that I would have written differently. 

I always write about who I love. She is the only one that makes me write.

Totally do have a muse; seems like I can’t write without someone breathing passion down my neck. It’s actually a very interesting exercise, to realize who inspires the words.

She likes to read when I write about her, got a full serie about what she does to me. At around chapter 15, we decided we should stay friends. Haven’t touched that story since...

Also totally suggest My Muse, by Sarah Jarosz, since we’re at it :D

I have had a couple of select partners that have inspired me to write.  My current partner is stirring those creative juices within me, and I'm curious to see where that takes me.

Yes!!!  Only “she” brings out words i didn’t even know i had.  I find myself incredibly inspired to write about her, us, feelings, whatever....i do it with ease bc she makes me feel so much and that emotion comes out very passionately in the writing i find myself doing.  Love my muse :)

Sometimes, when I'm overwhelmed with emotions, I go and sit at my piano, grab a pen and start writing. Usually, objectively bad music with objectively bad lyrics. Or sometimes, when the music won't come, I just produce material in the bad poetry genre.

My girlfriend has recently been my muse, and she is very good humoured about it all. But maybe its a little offensive to call someone a muse to bad art? I don't know? :blink:

Edited by treelover123

In the past I had tried to write stories but could never find the words. I was writing a story and had someone special to inspire me but for now it's gone. I hope one day I can finish it.

Yes.. A little bit. I've not written a lot, and the extremely true and raw or fantasy things are only for me. Most of it has been a recount of events, but a couple of fictional things (inspired by real life, or where i thought thing could possibly go) have found their way onto my memo pad..i love re-reading them. 

She used to be extremely into writing, and hasn't for a while.  I was only into it when i was young. I'd love and also hate to tell her she's actually resparked a 20 year creative outlet in me, especially when I've been so sluggish on other art forms lately. Getting my feelings and fantasies out is super cathartic. 

2 hours ago, Ambrosia said:

Getting my feelings and fantasies out is super cathartic. 

Yes...exactly this. As a child I would enjoy writing poems and short stories, but I’m not much of a writer these days. However lately I’ve felt inspired to express my deepest desires through writing, and as mentioned above, this has been a very cathartic experience for me. As for a particular muse, I think all of us have something or someone that inspires our creativity