Tpearl002

Co-worker problems

6 posts in this topic

I have a co-worker who isn't speaking to me because I'm friends with someone she doesn't like. That's the easiest way to put it. There's more to the story but its too confusing to explain. 

No I'm not a teenager. I do not work with teenagers. In fact this co-worker is a few years older than my mother who is 61. 

This Is not a problem I would care to fix (we're not friends outside of work and really have no relationship to repair) I do think  not speaking in the work place is unprofessional. We at least have to talk about work related subjects which she's not doing. Luckily we don't work closely on a daily basis so it hasn't disrupted our work so far.

I don't really have a question. I'm really just amazed that this is going on. I guess some people never mature. However, any advice is welcomed.

The whole thing is ridiculous. I feel silly even writing about it. I just had to get it off my chest. Hopefully it all blows over soon I would hate to have to have a meeting about such a stupid and childish problem.

52 minutes ago, Tpearl002 said:

I have a co-worker who isn't speaking to me because I'm friends with someone she doesn't like. That's the easiest way to put it. There's more to the story but its too confusing to explain. 

No I'm not a teenager. I do not work with teenagers. In fact this co-worker is a few years older than my mother who is 61. 

This Is not a problem I would care to fix (we're not friends outside of work and really have no relationship to repair) I do think  not speaking in the work place is unprofessional. We at least have to talk about work related subjects which she's not doing. Luckily we don't work closely on a daily basis so it hasn't disrupted our work so far.

I don't really have a question. I'm really just amazed that this is going on. I guess some people never mature. However, any advice is welcomed.

The whole thing is ridiculous. I feel silly even writing about it. I just had to get it off my chest. Hopefully it all blows over soon I would hate to have to have a meeting about such a stupid and childish problem.

How ridiculous. I've dealt with this in the work place also.  At work, I think people have to at least be civil to each other, and talk like adults.  In my case, I refused to let her get away with it.  I just cheerfully said hi to her every time I saw her, and then just continue with whatever I was doing.  Didn't matter if she didn't say anything back.  Other times  I made casual comments (work related, or something like the weather) and then I'd then move on to whatever I was doing.  Again, didn't matter if she responded.  I acted like a professional, civil human being.   Eventually, she started talking to me.

I know she'll come around eventually. She's really REALLY emotional. She's had similar issues with other coworkers. It always blows over. It's justhe crazy to even have to deal with it as a adult

I know what you mean.  At the time, the woman I had a problem with was probably 60's or 70's.  Sometimes you just want to say, "oh grow up".

I feel you... i work with someone who is in their 30s and they are so rude and have such an attitude! I am nice and let if all go but lately its been too much for me. Everyone else around is curtious and chats with one another but she refuses. There is no good morning or hows your day. Its always some snide comment.

*Update*

Today I came to work and everything was fine. She mentioned having a tough week and that she talked to her good friend and felt much better. I didn't go into any details with her. I just went on as if nothing happened so we can get back to working in a friendly environment.