9 posts in this topic

Is it me or who out there could just sit under a night's sky and gaze with deep thoughts for hours or simple think nothing at all and just "be". Yearning so much from life yet so much "stuff" tend to cloud our minds and consume our time with minuscule matters.

If I lived where there was a clear wide open sky, I could stare at the stars and contemplate life.  When you live in an area filled with street lights, the noise of traffic, etc., that's a little harder to do.  But, I do sometimes wander off during the day to sit by myself and think about all that I wish my life could be, or just the problems of the day.  Sometimes I just need to be alone to think (and oddly enough, you can be quite alone out in public).

I did it last night and for the past week almost every night.Where I am right now is in a small village up in the mountains and you can see the night sky and the stars clearly

This is one of my favorite things about backpacking.  The skies are AMAZING when you're hours away from the nearest city in the middle of nowhere high in the mountains.  I could lie for hours under the vast night sky.  It's my favorite way to regroup when life hits hard.

18 hours ago, Eyes_opened said:

Is it me or who out there could just sit under a night's sky and gaze with deep thoughts for hours or simple think nothing at all and just "be". Yearning so much from life yet so much "stuff" tend to cloud our minds and consume our time with minuscule matters.

I used to know a Tibetan lama (spiritual teacher) who would say that we were no longer human beings, but had become human doings... That was his famous joke, which he told quite regularly at his teachings...and people laughed heartily every time, because it rings so true.

I LOVE staring at the night sky. Living in a small town has that advantage over city living, the sky doesn't get drowned out by city lights. I spend quite a bit of time at my cabin in the woods, away from the town, no lights, the sky is absolutely beautiful there, I could lay in the hammock for hours starting at the stars, it's so incredibly peaceful

This post makes me want to drive out to National forest. There's a spot that I know where a pack of wolves like to hang out. If you go at dusk sometimes you can listen to their song. Beautiful and haunting. After dark I'd just hang out and look at the stars. Truthfully I'd stay close to my car in case they are hungry lmao! I need to spend a night camping. No technology, no phone, just me sitting by the fire.. 

3 hours ago, Wisleia said:

This post makes me want to drive out to National forest. There's a spot that I know where a pack of wolves like to hang out. If you go at dusk sometimes you can listen to their song. Beautiful and haunting. After dark I'd just hang out and look at the stars. Truthfully I'd stay close to my car in case they are hungry lmao! I need to spend a night camping. No technology, no phone, just me sitting by the fire.. 

I'll join you! lol :)

Anytime! The beauty here just gets better in the fall. My favorite time of year. Cool nights, changing leaves and Carmel apples from the local orchard.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor