new2everything

New, bi-curious - how to meet people?

8 posts in this topic

I'm glad I found this place.  Here's my Cliff Notes : I'm 47, divorced, 2 adult sons.  I've been seperated/divorced (and therefore celibate) for 4.5 years. Lack of sex isn't as bad as the lack of physical intimacy. I miss that more than anything.  

Ive just recently - over the last couple years - realized that I have been physically and romantically attracted to women, but have never reLly identified as bi- anything until recently - and I would identify now as bi-curious.  

Im awkward enough around men, and i have no clue on how to meet other women, much less women that might be open to my bi-curiousness - most ads online I see for w2w were pretty forceful in the "no bi anything".  I'm in the D.C. area. 

Help? Advice? Commiseration? 

Thanks....

Welcome to the site!  If you haven't yet, please review the site rules in How Our Forum Works.

Next, dive into the forums.  This is one of the most asked questions we see, and there are TONS of posts about it.

9 hours ago, new2everything said:

I'm glad I found this place.  Here's my Cliff Notes : I'm 47, divorced, 2 adult sons.  I've been seperated/divorced (and therefore celibate) for 4.5 years. Lack of sex isn't as bad as the lack of physical intimacy. I miss that more than anything..

I know when I've had stretches with no sex, what I missed most was just being touched by another human being.  I love being hugged and kissed.  If I absolutely HAD to, I could give up sex (but I sure wouldn't want to).  I can not do without touch, without hugs.

I too am glad i found this place and new to it all. Had feelings for women for a long time but just thought it was because i was in a rubbish relationship and just missed intimacy but the feelings are getting stronger and now newly single contemplatong exploring just dont know where to start??

I too am newly separated and find the whole thing a mine field! 

Missing the intimacy greatly ( especially as I've felt poorly this week!)  

I'm so glad I've found this sight. It's great to find like minded woman and love to hear everyone's stories and also finding an insight into the world of bi ( if that makes sense) 

I'm still finding my way around but have realised quite quickly there are some lovely ladies on here. Mostly all with some great advice 

x x 

What an exciting, if not daunting, journey we have ahead! x

It's both. Enjoy the ride all of you. Shy is a great place to share how you feel and lots of lovely ladies with loads of wonderful advice. Really helped me figure things out and finally accept myself xx

Have you tried looking for groups on Meetups? or something similar? I joined a group on Meetups, and unfortunately was unable to go to a meetup in Feb but hope I can go to a future one.