Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MichiganWoman

Hello from Michigan!

10 posts in this topic

How I came to be here....

I married my best friend when I was 21 and we are still happily married. I have never had a romantic or sexual relationship with a woman because I did not have the confidence to explore that part of myself before I was married. My husband knows I'm interested in women and is open to US having a girlfriend, but that's hard to find. I don't feel that marriage and sex are intrinsically connected, but he does. I would want to be married to him even if we didn't have sex because we are a great team and love each other. I think of the(amazing, sorry, TMI?) sex we have aa fun activity we enjoy doing together. I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this, and our family is #1 to me, so I will probably never get to experience intimacy with a woman. So, I guess I'm here to live vicariously through all of you!

Hope to chat with some of you soon!

Welcome to the site!  If you haven't yet, be sure to check out How Our Forum Works to see the site rules and other helpful posts.

It's tough when you and your husband can't see eye to eye on how this could play out.  Some suggested reading: The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman (it sounds like you two have different love languages), and The Ethical Slut by Dossie Eaton.

Appeasing him by trying to do this with him would likely make you resent him.  Hopefully you can find a meeting of the minds!

Welcome and hello to my eastern neighbor! This is a fabulous forum that I've learned so much from. It's the one place that I feel I can share my true self. A great bunch of people. I've read so many stories on here that are very similar to your situation. Very caring and helpful group!

34 minutes ago, Wisleia said:

Welcome and hello to my eastern neighbor! This is a fabulous forum that I've learned so much from. It's the one place that I feel I can share my true self. A great bunch of people. I've read so many stories on here that are very similar to your situation. Very caring and helpful group!

Thanks so much! Exploring the forums has been really great and answered so many questions I've had. I like how the atmosphere isn't sleazy like some sites I've been to. Stay cool in this heatwave we're having!

9 hours ago, MichiganWoman said:

Thanks so much! Exploring the forums has been really great and answered so many questions I've had. I like how the atmosphere isn't sleazy like some sites I've been to. Stay cool in this heatwave we're having!

We work hard to keep that predatory grossness away.  It slips in every so often, but if it does, feel free to report it.  We try to take care of it right away.  We feel it's important to have a safe space to be able to express something that for so many is sch a fragile element of our being.

I'm in Michigan too!  New here, been on several other sites, just reading and learning so far.  It doesn't seem like we have a large group of Michigan girls :(

8 hours ago, Not_Grounded said:

I'm in Michigan too!  New here, been on several other sites, just reading and learning so far.  It doesn't seem like we have a large group of Michigan girls :(

Please be aware this site is not about meeting local women.  If you haven't already, please see the rules in How Our Forum Works.

5 hours ago, BiTriMama said:

Please be aware this site is not about meeting local women.  If you haven't already, please see the rules in How Our Forum Works.

Oh..I'm not here like it's a dating site. I just noticed that there aren't many women from Michigan here. I wish we had a larger population in Michigan. It might bring more understanding. Unfortunately, I'm in an area that is VERY against any non-traditional relationships. You can (and will) be not considered for a job if it is known you are bi or lesbian in my neighborhood. Not here to argue if that is wrong or right.  I was just looking at it from a perspective that it would be cool to interact with others who have faced the same social situations and learn how they handle it.  But I get it. :)

4 hours ago, Not_Grounded said:

Oh..I'm not here like it's a dating site. I just noticed that there aren't many women from Michigan here. I wish we had a larger population in Michigan. It might bring more understanding. Unfortunately, I'm in an area that is VERY against any non-traditional relationships. You can (and will) be not considered for a job if it is known you are bi or lesbian in my neighborhood. Not here to argue if that is wrong or right.  I was just looking at it from a perspective that it would be cool to interact with others who have faced the same social situations and learn how they handle it.  But I get it. :)

It's tough being LGBT and living somewhere that's so judgmental of who you are.  

We are very protective of our site, and we work to keep this a safe space for women who don't have a lot of other safe outlets for this element of their lives.  Situations like yours are exactly what I mean when I say that.

Have you introduced yourself in the Big Welcome Forum?  Tell us about yourself and what brought you here. :)

On 11/10/2017 at 4:20 PM, Not_Grounded said:

I’m in MI :)