N00Bi

Bisexual Pride & Positivity

39 posts in this topic

Hi, friends! As a newly realized bisexual myself, I've had lots of questions about myself and confusion over labels and coming out and experience and anything else you can think of. From reading all your posts, I know I'm not at all alone. 

So I'm starting this thread for pictures, quotes, memes, articles, etc to encourage us in our sexual identities. 

DK4cqwOWAAAP8Be.jpg

If there is already a thread like this somewhere, I didn't find it. If you point me to one, I'll head over there. 

femestella: “Happy Bi Week, everyone! ”

tumblr_ovz2xfkcM81s9c6nao1_1280.jpg

Shout-out to anyone who’s in the closet and has to silently listen to others’ homophobia/biphobia, not being able to stand up for themselves in fear of being outed. You are all doing great just by being you, and one day, you’ll show them all. :)

Lol so true about "I don't feel queer enough" being a queer thing to say. I wonder what other spells we can cast?

I watched this you tube vid the other day and I thought it was brilliant and very honest. I might be slightly biased as I've been a little in love with her ever since her role in True Blood, but anyway, for those that are interested this is her story of what she's experienced as a bisexual woman.

I'm a 20 year old bi woman who has recently come out to herself/some others. I've been seeing a woman recently who I really like, but any time the relationship seems to advance I seem to have an "oh shit" moment. Like "Oh, yep. I'm dating a girl. Huh." I was exposed to a pretty homophobic environment because of my extended family (and to some extent my parents). Am I freaking out because I'm not actually into women or because I'm still working through baggage?

ASKED BY ANONYMOUS

That doesn’t sound like it means you’re not into her. It’s normal for it to feel really new and even surprising when it’s something you’ve been conditioned against for your whole life. Generally, if you don’t like someone, it feels more like you’re looking for an excuse to get more distance, or you’re dreading dates, or you don’t want to text them. It doesn’t sound like that’s what you’re dealing with. I wouldn’t stress about it! It will get more normal soon.

--------------------------------

Fact: You can still identify as bisexual even if you have no sexual experience. It’s about who you are, not who you’ve been with. 

--------------------------------------

Heya. Im a 15y/o girl and im pretty sure im bi and ive come out to quite a few people. Ive had crushes on both guys and girls even tho i havnt been in a relationship. But i never really thought of myself as bi until i saw posts on tumblr. Am i fake crushing on girls? I feel like if i hadnt been on tumblr i wouldnt see myself as bi. I really dont know if im actually bi or not. Halp mee!!!

ASKED BY ANONYMOUS

None of us ever thought of ourselves as bi until something came along and made us realize that’s who we are. I didn’t realize I was bi until I was 22 and a senior in college. Only realizing you are bi now absolutely does not mean you are faking. Lots of bi people worry that their crushes or their identity are fake, but the truth is, it would be some next-level deception to trick yourself into thinking you have crushes on girls and you’re not straight. Especially when society is throwing everything into convincing people that they are straight and that bisexuality isn’t even real.

all via facts-about-bisexuality.tumblr.com

Edited by N00Bi

space-wine-and-donuts: “I’m bisexual and my story is valid. ”

if you want to ask a bisexual or asexual person about their sexual history to verify that they’re queer, but you don’t want them to take it the wrong way, try this useful communication technique:

give them twenty dollars and go away.

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo1_500.gif

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo2_500.gif

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo3_500.gif

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo4_500.gif

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo5_500.gif

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo6_500.gif

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo7_500.gif

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo8_500.gif

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo9_500.gif

tumblr_o8gjhgEORX1r83d7lo10_500.gif

Fact: There’s no contradiction between being bisexual and religious. No Creator made us to reject who we are. We were not created to be thrown away. Hompohobes, biphobes, and transphobes don’t have a monopoly on any religion.

----------------------------------

I see a lot of posts validating that you can be bi and ‘not experience 50/50 attraction’, and that’s awesome! But I think it also needs to be pointed out attraction doesn’t have to be a pie chart.

You can be 100% attracted to two or more genders. It doesn’t have to be split down for each gender you’re attracted to. It doesn’t have to be 100% for each, either, nor all add up to 100%! You can still be bi, it doesn’t have to be pie! :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Reminder that it’s fine to temporarily identify as bi even if you aren’t 100% sure. There’s no blood deal that requires you to identify the same way forever; the same goes for if you realize your label just doesn’t fit anymore.

It’s perfectly fine to find out you aren’t bi after using the label, and it won’t hurt anyone.

I adore this.

tumblr_oqxy8zntyl1wqfq8fo3_540.png

On 10/6/2017 at 7:52 PM, N00Bi said:

----------------------------------

I see a lot of posts validating that you can be bi and ‘not experience 50/50 attraction’, and that’s awesome! But I think it also needs to be pointed out attraction doesn’t have to be a pie chart.

You can be 100% attracted to two or more genders. It doesn’t have to be split down for each gender you’re attracted to. It doesn’t have to be 100% for each, either, nor all add up to 100%! You can still be bi, it doesn’t have to be pie! :)

#bi positivity---------

Although if you are exclusively attracted to mathematicians you may be pi-sexual. :P

::groan:: :blink:

Sorry I tend to elicit more groans than moans.

tumblr_oxhb2p1efk1w8u7yzo1_1280.jpg

1 minute ago, N00Bi said:

tumblr_oxhb2p1efk1w8u7yzo1_1280.jpg

Argh now I will invariably associate bisexual pride with Tony the Tiger. Thanks for nothing @N00Bi

Please remember that it’s okay to be bi and only CHOOSE to act on the attraction with one gender. Whatever your reasons, that’s down to personal choice, and it doesn’t invalidate you as a bi person and it’s all a-okay!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fact: There’s no “correct” age for figuring out your orientation. Never use your age as a reason to doubt yourself.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
tumblr_oxna7bAhu81vvme2xo1_1280.png

10 minutes ago, ChemFem said:

Argh now I will invariably associate bisexual pride with Tony the Tiger. Thanks for nothing @N00Bi

NEW GAY ICON!!! lol

11 hours ago, N00Bi said:

NEW GAY ICON!!! lol

@N00Bi, @ChemFem I was looking for a Tony the Tiger giving the thumbs up sign, but found this instead and can’t “un-know” it, so you’re welcome. 

1239EA78-5664-4500-BFEE-55987F90E856.jpeg

Grrreat minds think alike.

I could blame @Esi.luna for my mental anguish, but Tumblr is really to blame.

Fact: Bisexuality can be a phase for some people without being a phase for everyone. If you used to identify as bisexual but now don’t, it’s okay. You aren’t responsible for the stereotypes about bisexual people. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bi girls that tend to be attracted to men are still bisexual

Bi girls that tend to be attracted to women are still bisexual

Bi girls are still bisexual no matter who they are currently with

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Stop accusing young bi girls of “making it up”. 

Stop telling young bi girls that they’re too young to know. 

Stop telling young bi girls that they’re doing it to get boys attention. 

Stop sexualizing bisexuality, especially in young girls.

sorrynotsorrybi: “Felt like we were due for a positivity post (image description: blue text reads bi is a beautiful thing over pink and background with occasional jellyfish) ”

Fact: Bisexuals don’t need to pick a side, however, when they reach the age of 12, they must pick a sword. It’s an ancient ritual.

You fool… The sword choses the Bisexual.

A few people have asked what happens if you hadn’t realised you’re sexuality at that age. Some bisexuals will intuitively pick or forge a sword before even realising their sexuality, though if this wasn’t you, don’t worry - you can choose a sword any time within a 2 year period of identifying as bi. Should you, however, miss the 2 year cut off, you can talk to the Bisexual Battalion Council though that’s a last resort as it’s a really bureaucratic process and they only ever apply to emails biannually (either twice a year or once every two years but they refuse to clarify which).

I knew I always had my suspicions about the BBC

So “bisexuality”…Is that once every other sexuality or twice a sexuality?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

tumblr_omrimt2fs41um80hyo1_1280.jpg

champagne-bisexual Deactivated

Bi means two. Humans and aliens.

Once again people are taking “bi means two” too literally. It’s not just about humans and aliens. “Bi” is just an umbrella term, it can also include attraction to cryptids, monsters, etc.

pyramid_closed_64.pngchampagne-bisexual Deactivated

I’m such a rube. How could I?

Don’t be so hard on yourself! Cryptids make a point not to be seen and therefore not to be remembered, forgetting them happens to the best of us.

IMG_3957.JPG

1 hour ago, ElieRose said:

IMG_3957.JPG

Imagines PAN-SCAN to the tune of the Can-Can: "PAN-SCAN can you do the Pan-Scan if you can then I can, I can Pan-Scan if you Pan-Scan can you Pan-Scan oh."