JadeBleu15

Health Trackers

5 posts in this topic

Thinking of getting a health tracker. Does anyone use one? If so, which kind?  Do you like it? Is it worth getting?

Mine showed me I have occasional symptomatic bradycardia. Absolutely worth it for me.

I've used the FitBit Charge HR and the VivoSmart HR. I liked the heart rate tracking better on the FitBit, and feel it has better community features, but I like the rest of the features of the vivosmart better, and the fact that it is waterproof.

I don't really find it all that helpful from an actual fitness standpoint, though.

Edited by moonbynight

53 minutes ago, moonbynight said:

Mine showed me I have occasional symptomatic bradycardia. Absolutely worth it for me.

I've used the FitBit Charge HR and the VivoSmart HR. I liked the heart rate tracking better on the FitBit, and feel it has better community features, but I like the rest of the features of the vivosmart better, and the fact that it is waterproof.

I don't really find it all that helpful from an actual fitness standpoint, though.

I would say it was worth it for you.

I want one to track heart, steps, sleep, etc there are just so many on the market, no clue which is best. :blink:

Thanks for your input, very much appreciate it.

Edited by JadeBleu15
Misspelling

I have a Fitbit Charge HR 2, and I'm quite happy with it.  I do wish it was waterproof, especially since I'm a nurse.  It has survived me washing it off a handful of times when it's come into contact with "body stuff."  I like keeping track of my steps, but like @moonbynight said, it's not super helpful from a fitness standpoint.  I will say that back when I was marathon training, having a Fitbit was kind of fun, seeing where my steps would end up.

1 hour ago, BiTriMama said:

I do wish it was waterproof, especially since I'm a nurse.  It has survived me washing it off a handful of times when it's come into contact with "body stuff."  

Yeah, that's exactly why I went with the VivoSmart when it came out. I also like that the VivoSmart clock display is always-on. 

FitBit has better sleep tracking. And it is prettier.