zzz_girl

Anyone in New England/North East?

24 posts in this topic

I've seen a lot of West Coasters, Mid Westerners, and Southerners.  I'm surprised I'm not seeing anyone from the North Eastern part of the country.  New England is kind of small, so I'm not so surprised about that (Boston is big though).  North East has some large cities.  Where are the New Yorkers?  I'm up in New England. 

On 10/24/2017 at 2:59 PM, TBD78 said:

hand raised, NY in the house ;)

You are the only reply so far.  

that is unfortunate isn’t it :rolleyes:

guess the North Easteners are hiding out!!!  

I'm in NJ. If we get more people involved, is there a chance we could do a meet up? NYC or something 

:D 

I am in the Mid-Atlantic region and often travel to the NE.  I love the North East,  born and raised in CT.

In MA, enjoying a lovely foot of snow and bone chilling winds today.

Greater Boston Area, here!
This winter is really taking it out of me.

@jessikanesis Me too!  This cold is making it impossible to do anything outdoors...but this weekend should be spring like!!!

Can you tell I am excited? What are you ladies planning on doing to take advantage of this warm - and wet <_<weather that is headed our way?

I’m in MA also trying to hide from the cold.

Kailee- I’m hopefully using my fire pit if enough of this snow melts So I can find it :)?

@QuestioningmylifeThat sounds wonderful!! I am a sucker for being bundled up and sitting beside a bonfire <3

Kailee, so am I. It is my happy place :)

Almost 60 degrees in the North East! Hopefully u can find that fire pit!!

Boston is the closest big city for me. I'm up in Maine about 2.5 to 3 hours away.

Bet there's enough ladies to have a Boston area meet up. I'm sure there are more out there. Questionable if I could ever go. Kind of a big deal to make the trip down there. Only do it once or twice a year. Sometimes I take the Downeaster train.

1 hour ago, zzz_girl said:

Bet there's enough ladies to have a Boston area meet up.

It's been tried, more than once. When a venue and date/time is proposed, it's never suitable - I'm busy that day. It's too far. Can't do it then. I'm not going there! Sorry, can't make it. I can only meet on the 3rd Thursday in the month. Only if it's near the T... and so on.

Hey @Mandolin !  How's it going? Welcome :) So what is everyone's favorite spot in the NE?

Mine is along the coast of CT...a little marshy beach, where there isn't sand,  but tiny spiral shells. The water is shallow and barely laps at the shore. Hermit crabs and sea snails wiggle out of the way as I walk in the water.  Thick mud oozes between my toes while wading and sea grass grows so tall that  I am hidden from view. It is my little slice of heaven.

Edited by Kailee

11 minutes ago, Kailee said:

Hey @Mandolin !  How's it going? Welcome :) So what is everyone's favorite spot in the NE?

Mine is along the coast of CT...a little marshy beach, where there isn't sand,  but tiny spiral shells. The water is shallow and barely laps at the shore. Hermit crabs and sea snails wiggle out of the way as I walk in the water.  Thick mud oozes between my toes while wading and sea grass grows so tall that  I am hidden from view. It is my little slice of heaven.

Good gravy! Are you a writer? Nice imagery. 

Right? Very nice imagery @Kailee! Sounds very nice, relaxing. I do miss the beach so much! Grew up going to Daytona and Tampa Bay all the time. Naples was my fave in FL. Sand dollars everywhere, soft, light sand that was like silk on your toes...

As for fav place in NE, I'd have to say Lake Champlain. Loved kayaking and fishing there!! The mountain view from the VT side, looking towards NY, beautiful!

@N00Bi  and  @Mandolin  you ladies are too much!  I have never been to Lake Champlain but I have only heard wonderful things. Kayaking is crazy fun...I dont even know why I love it so much...the first time I did it was in the salt marshes of Charleston, SC ...and out into the Atlantic - against the tide no less!! Crazy adventure.  *Please note: do not kayak against the tide!  :D

Edited by Kailee

@Kailee  I don’t really have a favorite spot in New England. I love all the little small towns each with their own unique characters. I think that’s what I love most about New England. Although, I think I may need to do some more exploring of the places along the Connecticut coast after your description.