Amora

Finding that woman who can!

62 posts in this topic

So ladies, has anyone actually found any decent places to look for possible female partners/girlfriends online? I know shybi isn't a dating site so wondering if anyone else has had success at all?

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's never easy to find a woman, even with the plethora of online dating sites/app out there. I wish you good luck with that :) and to all those who are looking

wish I could recommend something

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up chatting to a lady near me via a dating site .. we chatted online for over a month but I freaked out haha had a bit of a moment and decided to stop... I wish I'd kept it going now and had the courage to meet her ... she seemed like one of the normal ones ... I don't know where I'd find anyone in the same situation as me, I have to be discreet and or hide it as a friendship etc ..  it's difficult isn't? As I do find some of these place to be very seedy and just not great ... x x 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went on dating sites but they seemed to just want sex so i came off them all. I want something to happen naturally but how? Maybe we should start our own dating site lol xx

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, shazza21 said:

I went on dating sites but they seemed to just want sex so i came off them all. I want something to happen naturally but how? Maybe we should start our own dating site lol xx

Yeah it just all seems to be really seedy and that's just not what I was looking for either ... yeah maybe we should... I did read a post earlier also regarding chatting? Online chat room for us here xx 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know either. I joined a dating site a couple of weeks ago, but might delete my profile. Men still message, even though I clearly stated I’m not interested in them, the women that have messaged come across as fake and are all far away from where I live and the women I’ve messaged haven’t replied!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gemini82 said:

I don’t know either. I joined a dating site a couple of weeks ago, but might delete my profile. Men still message, even though I clearly stated I’m not interested in them, the women that have messaged come across as fake and are all far away from where I live and the women I’ve messaged haven’t replied!

I know what you mean. Try messaging me I'll reply lol :wink:

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Violetta said:

I ended up chatting to a lady near me via a dating site .. we chatted online for over a month but I freaked out haha had a bit of a moment and decided to stop... I wish I'd kept it going now and had the courage to meet her ... she seemed like one of the normal ones ... I don't know where I'd find anyone in the same situation as me, I have to be discreet and or hide it as a friendship etc ..  it's difficult isn't? As I do find some of these place to be very seedy and just not great ... x x 

So so difficult I'm in the same situation as you and wouldn't know where to start. Online dating is a no and meeting locally is also a no.....discretion is a must and like yourself disguised as a friendship.....one day maybe.... 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Browneyedgirl78 said:

So so difficult I'm in the same situation as you and wouldn't know where to start. Online dating is a no and meeting locally is also a no.....discretion is a must and like yourself disguised as a friendship.....one day maybe.... 

I think we all are xx

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's tough no matter where you go.  I've dated online for years, since back in the days of AOL.  I met my current GF on Plenty of Fish, and the one before her on OKCupid.  I had profiles on several sites, and you just never know what might come from where.  You have to deal with the fakes, flakes and scum everywhere.  But it can be worth it when you find your needle in the haystack.  The woman I'm dating now is incredible, and I doubt we would have crossed paths any other way.  Certainly not one that would have initiated a conversation, let alone a date!

But I've dealt with plenty of the catfishers, or the ones pretending to be military members (who will eventually ask you for money), or whatever.  It gets easier to spot the fakes with time, sadly, and like any kind of dating, you might have several first dates before anything sparks; at least, that's been my experience.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. Not one decent place. Internet has only been heartbreak & disaster. I'm too old for bars and clubs. I've kind of given up, actually.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Violetta said:

Yeah it just all seems to be really seedy and that's just not what I was looking for either ... yeah maybe we should... I did read a post earlier also regarding chatting? Online chat room for us here xx 

The chat room through the site is defunct but @NoOne set up a Slack. Here is the link to join: https://join.slack.com/t/shys/shared_invite/enQtMjY0NDcxNTQwOTE3LWY4ZDUzN2VmYmEyNmRmNjhjNjFlM2Q2YzE3ZDdlNWU1NzUxZDUzZGVkYmZjOWNhOTZjYzVkMDJmMWQwNWMwMjU

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!! Just signed up but not sure how it's all working ... I think my brain functioning correctly haha

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Slack can be confusing at first but they have several tutorials available

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! Will check when I have more time 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2017 at 9:45 PM, Gemini82 said:

I don’t know either. I joined a dating site a couple of weeks ago, but might delete my profile. Men still message, even though I clearly stated I’m not interested in them, the women that have messaged come across as fake and are all far away from where I live and the women I’ve messaged haven’t replied!

Yeah I deleted mine recently as it seemed like automatic messages... and too seedy .and mostly all about sex which is not all about what I'm wanting .. .. I refused to waste anymore time than I'm already doing haha x 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2017 at 9:56 PM, Browneyedgirl78 said:

So so difficult I'm in the same situation as you and wouldn't know where to start. Online dating is a no and meeting locally is also a no.....discretion is a must and like yourself disguised as a friendship.....one day maybe.... 

Yeah I'm so living in hope x 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kairi said:

You are there too?

Yes, in fact I'm an admin.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some luck on the app Her.  It felt safer to me bc its all women.  

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, Violetta said:

I ended up chatting to a lady near me via a dating site .. we chatted online for over a month but I freaked out haha had a bit of a moment and decided to stop... I wish I'd kept it going now and had the courage to meet her ... she seemed like one of the normal ones ... I don't know where I'd find anyone in the same situation as me, I have to be discreet and or hide it as a friendship etc ..  it's difficult isn't? As I do find some of these place to be very seedy and just not great ... x x 

I'm lucky in that I don't need to hide it but recognise that others do.  My hubby is fully aware and open and we are actually polyamorous in general, just currently neither of us have a secondary relationship. It's hard on dating sites because I have to say I'm single and I then look like I've been lying when I say I have a hubby.  It's not easy, and I miss women, LOL 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2017 at 10:28 PM, shazza21 said:

I think we all are xx

I agree, seems even harder in the UK.  I'm not looking for perfect, I'm looking for someone with a personality and a genuine interest in women, not someone who wants to fuck me to get to my husband. LOL

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2017 at 9:56 PM, Browneyedgirl78 said:

So so difficult I'm in the same situation as you and wouldn't know where to start. Online dating is a no and meeting locally is also a no.....discretion is a must and like yourself disguised as a friendship.....one day maybe.... 

It's so difficult, I'm up for travelling a little and such like, it's just a matter of getting chatting with someone and then actually meeting up etc 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Amora said:

I agree, seems even harder in the UK.  I'm not looking for perfect, I'm looking for someone with a personality and a genuine interest in women, not someone who wants to fuck me to get to my husband. LOL

 Definitely. I want to find a woman who is interested just in me not my husband too xx

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shazza21 said:

 Definitely. I want to find a woman who is interested just in me not my husband too xx

I completely agree.  I mean I'm 39, I'm not the smallest of women but I'm not exactly huge either. He's pretty awesome and yes we are poly and he does women but and it's a huge BUT we also are quite happy if the secondary partners are not involved sexually at all expect with one of us.  It just seems that the world is full of crazies and psychos when all I want is a woman who actually likes woman, has an idea where her own clit and g-spot are so we have at least a chance of clicking in bed and actually has personality and life of her own so that we have things we can talk about, share and do together besides sex.  Apparently this is too much to ask? xxx

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now