Amora

Finding that woman who can!

65 posts in this topic

On 03/01/2018 at 9:41 AM, ThatsNoMoon said:

Having your husband ok with It is a major element of luck! 

I'm exactly the same but without that freedom unfortunately 

Me too

On 03/01/2018 at 11:55 AM, Bigalirl said:

Well atleast we r all in the same boat. I too am lucky enough to have my husband' support which really does make a huge difference. Meeting a girl is the problem. It' generally people wanting threesomes which I'm not into or lesbians that don't want anything to do with me once they hear I'm bi and worse still married lol. I did manage to meet someone really nice in a similar situation to myself but it never went anywhere. Meeting people is just too hard. From reading on here it seems there are loads of us but we have no where to connect which is a shame.

There must be somewhere people like us can chat? 

On 12/3/2017 at 2:57 AM, Amora said:

I completely agree.  I mean I'm 39, I'm not the smallest of women but I'm not exactly huge either. He's pretty awesome and yes we are poly and he does women but and it's a huge BUT we also are quite happy if the secondary partners are not involved sexually at all expect with one of us.  It just seems that the world is full of crazies and psychos when all I want is a woman who actually likes woman, has an idea where her own clit and g-spot are so we have at least a chance of clicking in bed and actually has personality and life of her own so that we have things we can talk about, share and do together besides sex.  Apparently this is too much to ask? xxx

I feel your pain, i tentatively set up a profile on a dating site when i came out to my husband (he was aware etc) but my experienxe was the same. Very seedy and just for sex and mainly from men. 

It would just be nice, like you lovely ladies have said to just find a "safe" place online to connect with like minded women and to go from there. 

Once i have actually had the proper "this is how i feel and this is how i would like to go forward" talk with my husband i will have to do some exploring :)

I dont know if i can ask on this thread @Amora bur how did you and your husband discuss your poly feelings or was it something you guys talked about from the start of your relationship...of course you do not have to answer, but i am curious.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, BellaLuna said:

Umm, can I just fly across the pond and live with you guys?  :blush: :D No luck whatsoever over here. This country is terrible right now anyway :rolleyes::D

Our country is a mess!!!! At least you're in Seattle!! I'm stuck here in Oklahoma. 

On 2017-11-29 at 8:58 AM, ChemFem said:

Yes, in fact I'm an admin.

the link doesn't work for me. not functional anymore?

On 11/27/2017 at 4:14 PM, shazza21 said:

I went on dating sites but they seemed to just want sex so i came off them all. I want something to happen naturally but how? Maybe we should start our own dating site lol xx

Yea, be nice to have something to happen naturally. However, since I'm such a home body now, that won't happen. Working from home is nice, but you don't meet many people that way. I have set up a bicupid account (only getting couples who wants threesomes, not into that and is stated on my profile) and a Her account. I was talking to someone from there, however, she just all of sudden stopped talking to me. Hah, seems to be the theme of anything with me. Maybe there is something wrong with me after all! Anywho, I'm still trying to figure out how to meet someone. I don't want just sex, I want a relationship as well.

Edited by Nidalaeh

3 hours ago, Nidalaeh said:

Yea, be nice to have something to happen naturally. However, since I'm such a home body now, that won't happen. Working from home is nice, but you don't meet many people that way. I have set up a bicupid account (only getting couples who wants threesomes, not into that and is stated on my profile) and a Her account. I was talking to someone from there, however, she just all of sudden stopped talking to me. Hah, seems to be the theme of anything with me. Maybe there is something wrong with me after all! Anywho, I'm still trying to figure out how to meet someone. I don't want just sex, I want a relationship as well.

Nothing wrong with you my friend... be patient you will find her... 

years pass by but the situation doesn't improve lol

finding love has never been easy, no matter the orientation, I think

I joined a dating site the other day but it was so sleazy I haven’t been on there since! I’m with a man but he’s always said I can sleep with women if I want to. He’s always known I’m bi but I haven’t even kissed a girl yet. I don’t want one night stands, would like to get to know the woman and sleep with her too. Would prefer it is she was with someone else too as I wouldn’t have enough time for them otherwise xx

In my experience OKCupid is pretty full of poly people, including plenty of bi women with male partners specifically looking for a woman without any males being involved. Plenty of couples too, though. You can also set it so that you can't be seen by straight people, which helps avoid the guys.

It isn't as popular with the changes they've made over the past year or so, but still ok if you're specifically looking for poly people.

Edited by moonbynight

My experience, I hated the dating sites, but had some luck on a local lgbt forum. I started out looking for casual company or friends and I met some interesting people. We started talking without seeing each other's pictures and met in person if the conversation was interesting enough. I wasn't looking for love because I wanted to focus on study, but attraction happens unexpectedly and indeed something romantic is going on rn. I think it pays off to really be looking for friends, not expecting too much. You'll be less stressed.

Ya know, I wonder if we're talking about the right problem here.  I live a fair distance from the middle of nowhere, and yet I meet new women all the time.  Occasionally at church, sometimes at PTA, sometimes at the market, sometimes at client's offices, or even out for lunch.  Unlike an app, I'm never unsure about whether they're women or men.  They look pretty womanly to me.

I'm not currently looking for a girl friend, but when I was, the problem wasn't meeting women.  It was trying to determine which ones might be interested in the same things I was.  This was much more than a passing worry because in my conservative corner of the world,the possibility of offending someone, and all the (potentially very) unpleasant consequences of doing so are not to be trivialized.

So I'm curious.  For those of you who met women you eventually were intimate with, and didn't do so in obviously gay venues (e.g. lesbian bars or dating apps), how did you know, and how were you able to move the relationship beyond the "friend for lunch" stage?

Ame

On 5/26/2018 at 11:45 AM, Amethyst753 said:

Ya know, I wonder if we're talking about the right problem here.  I live a fair distance from the middle of nowhere, and yet I meet new women all the time.  Occasionally at church, sometimes at PTA, sometimes at the market, sometimes at client's offices, or even out for lunch.  Unlike an app, I'm never unsure about whether they're women or men.  They look pretty womanly to me.

I'm not currently looking for a girl friend, but when I was, the problem wasn't meeting women.  It was trying to determine which ones might be interested in the same things I was.  This was much more than a passing worry because in my conservative corner of the world,the possibility of offending someone, and all the (potentially very) unpleasant consequences of doing so are not to be trivialized.

So I'm curious.  For those of you who met women you eventually were intimate with, and didn't do so in obviously gay venues (e.g. lesbian bars or dating apps), how did you know, and how were you able to move the relationship beyond the "friend for lunch" stage?

Ame

You're absolutely right. I find it pretty easy to meet women in general, but they are all straight. Lol 

I feel like at least I can hopefully make some friends in the LGBT community, and maybe get introduced to some other women.

I've looked into Meetups here in denver. So far all i've run into was a group for 30 and under, and a speed dating meetup. It's unclear whom exactly it's for, though. One area states lesbian "singles", and the other says that any woman looking for a female lover is welcome. Slightly confusing. 

I'm thinking that part of the reason for not getting many hits on dating sites is not making the first move. It's difficult for me to know what to say in my profile. I.E.  giving out enough of the right amount information, without giving out too much. I feel like I'm the queen of TMI sometimes, and other times I don't communicate enough. 

I’ve tried a couple of sites but have liked and stuck to the app HER. It’s just for women and you can find someone in your area. I’ve had several dates from meeting women on there and only one has been a bit crazy. I also had a really amazaing connection with one of the women and we dated for a while.