lovelace

Being a femme bisexual woman.

88 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, BellaLuna said:

Well, darn! 

Although, I do kinda get vibes from her... no idea how reliable my gaydar is though!

A complicating factor with service professionals is the fact that being nice is implicitly part of the job description. This is part of why I generally don't talk to baristas unless they initiate the conversation. Technically they are on the clock. If they want to talk to me, great. If not, I understand.

4 minutes ago, ChemFem said:

A complicating factor with service professionals is the fact that being nice is implicitly part of the job description. This is part of why I generally don't talk to baristas unless they initiate the conversation. Technically they are on the clock. If they want to talk to me, great. If not, I understand.

Oh, I would never talk to her. :lol: She's way too young (I'm assuming) and I'm way too awkward anyway! So in the meantime I will just enjoy looking, lol. She does have an amazing smile. And teeth! Omg, that's it!!! I think that's what got me. I have a thing for nice teeth :blush::O:lol:

I'm such a girly girl!  Skirts and heels and make-up- oh my!  I have one friend who lives locally who knows (aside from the girl I've had an ongoing, albeit sporadic, sexual relationship with).  She has told me several times that she "never would have guessed" that I'd ever have sex with a girl.

When I think back on all my girl crushes, I wouldn't ever describe them as femme.  "Sporty" is an excellent word.  Let's put it this way, I think female soccer players are soooo sexy.  Quite a few of my girl crushes were soccer players, growing up. 

I kind of like the status of being femme and bi.  What I've noticed, as I have accepted my sexuality more (although I'm still trying to figure out just HOW bi I am), is that women seem to be friendlier?  More flirty?  I don't know how to describe it.  Maybe it's that I'm more aware of it, but it was always there.

I hate labels but don’t know that i’d define myself as femme... maybe femme(ish)?  i hate heels, dresses and makeup....however, that doesn’t mean i’m not feminine.  i like to look and feel good in a hard/soft kinda way.  i enjoy fun shoes but comfort is important!   i fall into the femme(ish) hippie/sporty chick scenario i guess. :)

I love to dress up, heels, skirt or cute pants, hair, make-up and nails....  that being said, I love my jeans and vans too....  I think we do what makes us feel sexy and pretty....  I love a lingering glance on someone who does the same-whatever pleases them... 

On 12/5/2017 at 2:37 AM, TBD78 said:

i fall into the femme(ish) hippie/sporty chick scenario i guess. :)

Now that's a very specific definition... I totally get that! :D

Hate the labels on others. But I'm happy to fit myself up in a nice box. 

I don't know how I am perceived! I never really thought about femme vs. butch pertaining to myself. .. which, it now seems strange that I haven't. And I don't know that I want to label myself.

Well! Definitely something I will be thinking about now! 

On 30/11/2017 at 6:53 AM, myladylove said:

It’s true, that’s the wonderful dynamic of them, strong with a soft centre, bit like the favourite chocolate in the box. Love ‘em.

You've just described me perfectly myladylove, lol. chewy caramel? 

3 hours ago, Vampire said:

Ha ha, coconut and fudge are my favourite, Im sure if you and I met up we would have a good laugh at the very least. Shame you are the other side of the world.

8 hours ago, myladylove said:

Ha ha, coconut and fudge are my favourite, Im sure if you and I met up we would have a good laugh at the very least. Shame you are the other side of the world.

I'm sure we'd get on well. You'd have to be prepared for a wicked sence of humour. Lol. 

I think I’m somewhere in the middle of the road. It’s nice to get done up and go out on occasion, and I love to be pampered. However, I live in jeans, and believe being a girl isnt a good enough reason for me to not do something. So with a busy husband all items on our honey do list are mine.

14 hours ago, Vampire said:

I absolutely adore caramel.

Now, I may need to make a run to the store. Lol

I think I’m pretty femme.  I wear dresses most days.  Never make up to work but always when I’m going out.  I have long hair and have been told I play with it a lot!

No one ever thinks I’m Bi either.  It used to be something I was glad about, now I wish I that wasn’t the case!

5 hours ago, Questioningmylife said:

I absolutely adore caramel.

Now, I may need to make a run to the store. Lol

Caramel is my favourite. We have fantails here in Australia.   Chewy caramels are awesome. The last time i ate one (12 months ago) i did a filling in my tooth. Costly. Turkish Delight comes in second. 

I’m definitely a Girlie girl and love the ideal of being described as a chocolate.....  I think i’d Have to describe myself as a strawberry cream. I have a sweet soft center but not everyone likes me!  ;-) 

31 minutes ago, Newtothis12 said:

I’m definitely a Girlie girl and love the ideal of being described as a chocolate.....  I think i’d Have to describe myself as a strawberry cream. I have a sweet soft center but not everyone likes me!  ;-) 

I like strawberry creams, when I have eaten all the coconut and fudge that is! Ha ha...

I’m probably somewhere between femme and a tomboy. Chapstick? Haha. Some days I enjoy wearing skirts/dresses and make up but I’m more comfortable in jeans and trainers. 

Ive never really been attracted to butch women, definitely more into femme women/tomboys too. 

I’m also married to a man so there’s s certain amount of invisibility but I don’t think i come across as all that straight. I try to make eye contact with women sometimes, I think if someone holds your gaze a few seconds longer than normal, that’s a bit sign. 

On 11/29/2017 at 9:14 PM, BellaLuna said:

Physically I'm probably as femme as it gets, at least most days... I don't think anyone suspects I'm bi. I kinda wish that wasn't the case though! I'd love to be able to meet other bi women more naturally.

I'm also very feminine looking, petite, long hair, usually wearing mascara and eyeliner (that's about all i have the energy for haha). I occasionally donne a cute dress or skirt, have recently added some more fashionable tops to my usual wardrobe of racer back tanks. Though usually I'm in boots, leggings, a tank top and a men's flannel shirt (husband and I used to share flannels, it worked out well! Haha). 

I don't think many people assume I'm no upon meeting me, but I've developed a habit of being vocal about , when the opportunity arises. Nearly all of my friends know my sexuality though I'm very much still in the closet to my family. One of my male co-workers once made the statement a while back, "Ambrosia has a husband, AND she's queer as fuck", made me smile. Guy friends and I (and my husband,while he was alive) have gotten pretty good at the eye contact communication when alerting each other "hey, I think she's pretty attractive..." . 

Lots of my lady friends fall somewhere on the spectrum as well, so I'm comfortable being open about my sexuality with them. 

On 1/17/2018 at 5:04 PM, Questioningmylife said:

I think I’m somewhere in the middle of the road. It’s nice to get done up and go out on occasion, and I love to be pampered. However, I live in jeans, and believe being a girl isnt a good enough reason for me to not do something. So with a busy husband all items on our honey do list are mine.

That’s me! I am also somewhere in the middle. I love to get dressed with makeup and the while nine yards. But I am more a tank top, jeans, and converse kind of girl. 

Most people don’t assume I am bi, usually it is because I am married. Although every job I have had I tend to gravitate to lesbians and bi females. My current job most of the women I work with are bi or at least curious. So that definitely makes talking to them easier. If only I could get them to see me more than just the friend (but that is for another thread lol)

I am very femme, a seriously girly girl to look at, but I have some habits & a vocabulary that could be fresh from a building site, hehe :blush: I also gravitate towards  people who are full of contradictions & don't conform. x

On 11/28/2017 at 10:51 PM, lovelace said:

No one knows I'm bisexual, perhaps a few wouldn't be surprised if I was but I feel pretty invisible. I love makeup, softly spoken, love wearing mini skirts/dresses but I'm more of a doc martens/chunky boots kinda gal than stilettos; (can't walk in them to save my life).  

It's not like I want to wear a flashing top everyday saying "Bisexual Woman" across it, but I sometimes wish people wouldn't assume I'm straight, especially since I don't even speak about relationships/dating much and if the topic does come up I always use 'they' or 'people' instead of 'him/her' or 'men/women'. Which is how my mother sussed I am bi, though she is accepting we have never spoken about my sexuality. 

This year I've fantasised about relationships with women more so than men, where as before it was the other way around and I'd think about women only in a sexual way rather than romantic. I can't see myself being in a relationship anytime soon but if I had to choose it'd be with another woman. 

I suppose I have to start going to bi meetups/events in my area as I can't stand online dating! 

What's your experience with being a bi femme? 

This +100. I'm a girly girl who is crazy about women but everyone assumes I'm straight and it drives me crazy! I've just started the process of coming out as a lesbian. Slowly telling friends and people close to me. It gets a little easier each time I tell someone, but it's still terrible frustrating wanting to let women know I'm interested in them in some kind of dignified manner. 

I’m hardly ever alone.   However I’m very feminine looking long hair curves, big boobs etc.  No one ever really looks at me, well not women.  It’s been awhile since I’ve been to a bar though and I was married for awhile. 

On 2/5/2018 at 11:07 AM, Fuzzbuzz said:

I am very femme, a seriously girly girl to look at, but I have some habits & a vocabulary that could be fresh from a building site, hehe :blush: I also gravitate towards  people who are full of contradictions & don't conform. x

if your habits and vocabulary are in the bedroom  too then you are a great combination for those who can appreciate the contradiction you are! :wink:

54 minutes ago, kairi said:

if your habits and vocabulary are in the bedroom  too then you are a great combination for those who can appreciate the contradiction you are! :wink:

Depends on the mood! :blush: I'm hoping there is a woman out there who can appreciate someone who looks like a girl, but acts somewhat like a boy at times - I've got lots of years of being in denial to catch up on! ;) 

At least I can come out at my own pace, as I doubt anyone would ever suspect I was anything other than ruler straight. :lol: xx