Veronica

Both of us married & I'm falling in love, help!!

30 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, BiTriMama said:

Maybe she's one of those women who are just super flirtatious.  I fucking hate that.  I always misinterpret that, too.  It's kind of attention-seeking, IMO, and tends to mess with the rest of us (sorry to offend anyone here who tends to be flirtatious).

Speaking as a flirtatious person, I'm not offended. I tend to consider it due diligence to monitor the emotional state of the other person and dial it back if they appear to be catching feels rather than viewing it as light-hearted banter.

35 minutes ago, BiTriMama said:

Maybe she's one of those women who are just super flirtatious.  I fucking hate that.  I always misinterpret that, too.  It's kind of attention-seeking, IMO, and tends to mess with the rest of us (sorry to offend anyone here who tends to be flirtatious).

You are totally right. I think some women even try to use it as an excuse... "just so you know, I'm a very flirtatious person." Well, then go seek attention elsewhere. :rolleyes: If I'm not interesting enough to hold your attention for a few hours, go date or flirt with someone else. 

Edited by BellaLuna

On 09/12/2017 at 6:32 PM, BiTriMama said:

Maybe she's one of those women who are just super flirtatious.  I fucking hate that.  I always misinterpret that, too.  It's kind of attention-seeking, IMO, and tends to mess with the rest of us (sorry to offend anyo

I hate that too. That's why whenever someone flirts with me, I play it cool and see how it goes. I don't flirt at all if I'm not gonna follow through. 

@Veronica you did well saving your face by fibbing.  So what? Who knows if she's playing you? Or if she gets scared then that's another thing. You'll never know what's really in her mind. I suggest to be cautious and carry on being her mom friend if you can handle the situation. Take it easy. You're already having stress with the divorce so you don't need unnecessary stress. Take things lightly. 

I'm so sorry, Veronica.  First of all, her behavior and words definitely sounded like she was interested in you.  I would have wondered, too.

Second of all, I think it's very unkind for someone who senses you're interested to flirt like that when they aren't interested in you, back.   By her own acknowledgement, she thought you were interested in her.  The flirtatious behavior, coupled with her sharing her prior sexual involvement with other women, was a recipe for misunderstood intentions and I find it hard to believe she didn't realize that.

Hugs to you.  

So we hung out today with our kids as originally planned. Nothing was awkward. But the flirting...

i've taken a step back and my feelings aren't that strong, but definitely physically attracted to her. She kept at it with the touching and saying my name a lot. At one point I was telling her a story about my mom and mentioned how she was drop dead gorgeous when she was younger. She says something like "it's no wonder" but then stopped herself. :blink: