36 posts in this topic

The lecture room was much smaller than I thought it would be, which worsened my anxiety.  And my other worry was warranted; I was the only 30-something-year-old in the room.   I  was prepared to sit in the back of the classroom, and make myself as unnoticeable as possible. 

But I wasn't prepared for her.

I didn't want to go back to school, but my field of work was advancing beyond my skillset.  I had to enroll if I didn't want to risk being out of a job in a few years.  Still, it was hard to be an older female student on campus, especially when I was older than some of my instructors.  

One of the courses I was required to take was a business finance class. I feared that it would be beyond what I'm capable of understanding; hence the anxiety. I just didn't want to look stupid in front of my younger peers and a (most likely) younger teacher.

When I first walked in, I noticed the instructor at the front of the room, preparing her computer for the lecture.  I was a bit relieved when I noticed she wasn't very young, well, at least not in her 20's. 

She kept tucking locks of her dark curly hair behind her ear.   I didn't want to stare, but something about her held my attention.  And there was a mixture of familiar and unfamiliar feelings that washed over me.  I wrote it off as the  "first day of school jitters" and took out my syllabus to put my focus elsewhere.

I didn't have much time to look it over before the instructor walked to the front and middle most part of the room.  

"Okay, let's move up to the front guys and girls. No one needs to sit in the back," she said in the most assertive, yet kind tone. "There's plenty of room up front."

I stood, gathered my things and began to make my way toward the front of the room.  I kept my eyes to the ground, but glanced up to find an open seat.  That's when it happened.

I looked up to see the instructor watching me.  She was just standing there,head turned, playing with her fingers,  and looking at me.  It was as if she was trying to figure out if she had known me from somewhere else.  I stopped moving and just...stared back.  Did I know her? Why does it feel so...good to look at her? 

Was this...attraction? To a woman? I had girl crushes and a drunken fling with a woman in the past, but this felt quite different. 

I looked away and took a seat.  I kept stealing glances. She did, too

Then it was time to begin class and she introduced herself. "Hi, my name is Dana Wallingford. Welcome to class."

Her voice was a perfect blend of confidence and gentleness. 

I tried to focus on her lecture, but I couldn't help but replay our first encounter from just minutes ago.  She continued to glance at me throughout the lecture, but I couldn't tell if was her good pedagogy or if she was still trying to figure out from where she might have seen me before.

When I walked into class, I already wanted it to be over; but it was nearing the end of class now and I felt such a mixture of wanting her to continue to speak and wanting to get the hell out of there. It felt so strange. It was an uncomfortable yet warm feeling. 

(To be continued...)

Edited by Curious Jane
Typos

This seems like a great outlet for your feelings about your instructor. Keep it up!

2 hours ago, ChemFem said:

This seems like a great outlet for your feelings about your instructor. Keep it up!

Exactly my intention! Lol 

Perhaps she simply sensed my discomfort. Or maybe it wasn't common for her to see an older student taking her class.

I told myself I was being ridiculous and if I wanted to pass this class, I shouldn't overanalyze glances from the teacher.  It was nothing, I told myself. Focus.

Then class was over and I pushed those thoughts and feelings to the back of my head.  By the time I arrived home, I was no longer thinking of my instructor.  

My husband was home and greeted me as I threw my purse on the kitchen counter. 

"How was your first day back in school?" he asked.

"Not too bad. Just as I suspected, though,  I was the oldest one in class."

"Oh, don't worry about that.  Do you like your instructor?"

"What? Why? I have a good teacher, I guess."  My own tone surprised me.  It was a little defensive. 

"Whoa. He must be some hunk for you to answer like that," he teased.

"Sorry, Brad. I just think it's been a long night. And it's 'she', not 'he', " I calmly replied.

"Oh. Phew. Scared me for a second there, Jane. Thought I was going to have to start going to class with you," Brad joked again. "Well, I have a few things I need take care of at the office tonight after dinner."

"That's fine. I already have homework, so I have something to do while you're away.." 

Brad left shortly after dinner and I crawled into bed with my laptop to work on my first assignment: a response in an online classroom message board.  I had to introduce myself to the class, which I thought was odd since we did that in person. Oh well, maybe I could take the opportunity to explain why 36-year-old me was back in school. Yes, that's what I would do.

I continued on to the real assignments. Word problems, formulas, finance questions -- it all wasn't as bad as I expected and I breezed through fairly quickly.  Oh good, I thought. I can actually go to sleep earlier. 

As I went to power off my laptop, I saw an email come in.  Thinking it was for work, I ignored the notification. Then my phone chimed, letting me know I received an email, most likely the same email. But my phone will show who the email is from without opening it.  

A little pang of happiness went through me when I saw the name: Dana Wallingford. 

My instructor.

(To be continued...)

Edited by Curious Jane

The email was a notification that Dana, my business class instructor, had replied to one of my class message board posts.

"Jane, welcome to class! I find it admirable that you are back in school pursuing your goals. I can tell you will do well in this class."

I wondered what she saw in me on the first day of class that made her believe I would do well.  I found myself logging back into my email several times to read her message.  I also found myself thinking about her for the rest of the night.  I replayed those moments of catching each other's glances and the prolonged eye contact.  When I thought about the energy in the air and the energy between she and I, it gave me goosebumps.

As good as it felt , fear took over.  I didn't want this. I didn't want to feel this way about someone other than my husband and especially not a woman.

I dreamt of her that night. And I hated that I did because in the morning, my interest in her had deepened and I could feel the start of an infatuation. 

With each class, I gave in to the feeling a little more. I eventually allowed myself to call it a "girl crush." But I still did everything I could to ensure she never would suspect it.  I immediately left class when it ended, I avoided eye contact unless she asked me a question, and I kept our conversations short and only about school. 

The semester was about half way over when I decided to let my guard down a bit.  She had worn glasses to class one night and they seemed to be the perfect accessory for this beautiful and intelligent woman.  I couldn't help but stare.  I wanted to look at her and just take in the lovely sight before me: Her shoulder-length, dark brown curly hair, almond-shaped brown eyes, and a perfect jawline that was prominent, yet feminine. She wore a very modest amount of make-up, but her lips were a perfect mix between pink and red. She was average height, with wide hips, slender neck, and, when she let it show, a very feminine clavicle line.

I loved the way she presented herself.  She kept  a perfect balance of confidence and modesty, and it was just who she was. She could crack jokes with the class and say awkwardly funny things, but she always had our deference. 

I was shaken out of my reverie by the sound of someone saying my name in a loud whisper.

"Jane. Are you okay?"

My heart sank when I came back to reality to see that it was Dana who was talking to me.  I had been staring right at her while she was at the white board, erasing it.  She had already ended the class and other students were packing up their things . It was as if she were politely trying to wake me from my obvious daydream before other students noticed. 

"Oh my goodness. I am so, sorry, " I said shyly as I quickly looked down at my notebook and back to her.

She gave a sweet grin and walked over to her laptop on the other side of the room, near the exit.

I wasn't going to be the first one out of the room. I tried to gather my things as fast yet inconspicuously as I could, but I knew I'd be the last one out of the door. 

I tried to think of a good excuse as to why I was staring at her, but nothing good came to mind before I reached her.

"Thank you," was all I could muster.

"Are you sure everything is okay?" she asked. "Do you need me to go over anything with you from the lesson."

"Oh no, that's okay. But I appreciate it," I said as I tried to rush out the door. There were no other students in the room and being alone with her was making my heart race. I also knew my face was flushed.

"Jane--w--wait." 

I turned back toward her, hoping my face wasn't as red as it felt. "Yes?" I asked.

Now she seemed flustered as she tried to find words.  She looked at her desk, back to me, and back to her desk again before she finally spoke. "Is there anything wrong? I mean...between you and me."

"Oh, I know you wouldn't tell anyone if I told you, but no, I am okay, " I said.

She became more nervous.  " No, what I meant was...oh, it's okay. Nevermind.  I'm glad you're okay." 

"Oh. What did you m--OH!" It hit me, finally. At least I thought that she was asking if everything was okay between she and I. 

"It's just that you put a lot of effort into avoiding me. I wondered if you weren't happy with the class...or me. I mean, my teaching. My teaching style. And then with what happened today, I--"

I wish I hadn't cut her off, but it was such an odd mix of torture and pleasure to be this close to her...TALKING to her.  I couldn't think. I didn't know what she was asking me. My heart must have been pumping too much blood away from my brain! I just wanted to fly away.

(To be continued...)

Edited by Curious Jane

"I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I am. I just....I've been trying to focus. That's all, " I lied. 

It was her. It was all her. But  not in the way she suspected.  I wanted to say something to ensure that she understood this had nothing to do with her as a teacher. "You're an amazing teacher." The words bursted out with much more emotion than I had intended.  I had forgotten to breathe. I quickly added, "Have a good night."

She stood with her arms folded across her chest, nervously rubbing her right arm with her other hand. And I walked out.

The hall which led to the outside exit seemed much longer today.  I was so embarrassed, but I was also mad at myself for making her feel like she did something wrong. 

I reached in my purse for my phone to check the time. It wasn't there. "SHIT!" I said to myself.  I left it in the classroom. I considered leaving it there, but knew that wouldn't be practical.

I rushed back down the hall to Dana"s classroom.  I was looking at the ground as I entered the room and felt myself crash into something.  I stumbled back just as one hand grabbed my arm to steady me. I ran into someone, not something! I rose my eyes to meet Dana's. She had my phone in her other hand and she began to say, "I was just going to give this back..." her words trailed off. And I knew why.

I knew the expression on my face told her everything. It felt like time slowed down as I looked from her hand, still grasping my arm, to her eyes. And I knew, that she knew, the feeling of her touching me was electrifying. I could feel that my eyes were revealing a mixture of pain, pleasure, and worry.  Pain, because I completely dropped my guard, pleasure because it felt so good to be touching her,, and worry because... now she knows.

I was taken aback when her eyes reflected the same conflictedness. 

"I can't lose my job, Jane. Please don't take this wrong, but I just need to know, "she began to calmly plead. "What is this? Am I just imagining that you and I--"

In a move that surprised myself, I dropped my purse and placed one hand on her hip. The other hand closed the door. My eyes stayed locked with her.  I wasn't sure what my next move would be, but I didn't have to make that decision. 

The moment the door closed, she reached behind me to lock it, then swiftly turned off the lights.  She guided my other hand to her other hip then slowly pushed me backward until my back was against the wall. Her arms were around my neck as she went in for a kiss.

The pressure from her lips caused an explosion of emotions. Every part of my body tingled. I returned the kiss and pressed her body into mine.

The kissing became deeper, then faster, and my hands glided up and down her figure. I could feel her hands sliding down my back, to my ass. She pulled me closer. I didn't want it to end. 

A noise from the door jolted us apart. 

"Shit," she whispered. As she peered out the small window on the door. "It's Jason."

Jason was a student who was constantly needing help and constantly asking Dana questions anytime she was free. Luckily for us, the college had installed security glass on all of the windows. If the lights were off, you couldn't see in. Jason jiggled the door handle one more time before he turned to leave.  We watched him until he was out of sight, then let out a collective sigh of relief. 

This is the first time I’m seeing this, not sure how I missed it, I really enjoy reading  these stories. And I LOVE this one, excellent writing, interesting storyline...now I have to follow this thread so I don’t miss future instalments :)

I like this. I hope you continue with it. You have some skills, and not many people who have an actual inspiration to write have the discipline to actually start writing, and the nerve to post it in public.

On 12/23/2017 at 11:31 PM, Sithandra said:

I like this. I hope you continue with it. You have some skills, and not many people who have an actual inspiration to write have the discipline to actually start writing, and the nerve to post it in public.

I appreciate that. Writing is a passion of mine. I've written for three different publications as a freelance journalist in the past. However, I know I'm a bit rusty because it's been a while since I've written seriously. Still, it feels nice to get back into it....even when I read it back and cringe at mistakes and styling lol. Oh well, it's for fun.

Edited by Curious Jane

The passion and energy that enveloped the room just moments ago had gone cold.  For a few moments, everything felt right.  In this new moment, it all felt so wrong.  The shame and guilt hit me so hard I thought I'd collapse. I didn't think it would have felt quite as terrible if I hadn't seen those same feelings hit Dana...and much harder. 

She turned from me.  She wasn't making a sound, but I knew she was crying.  I wanted to hug her, but any further physical contact would only make it worse for both of us.  I knew what she was feeling and why she was feeling it.  We are both married. We have kids. This was cheating and it felt so wrong to have lost such a handle that I betrayed what I held dear to my heart. 

We lost control in a weak moment, without thinking about what would or could come next.

"I didn't mean for that to happen," Dana said as she turned to face me. She wiped away a tear and continued. " I'm not gay." Though I knew she was making a statement, it sounded like she was questioning herself.

"Neither am I," I said. "I have been confused about you since the day I saw you. I knew it was wrong...for several different reasons. I tried to avoid you --."

Dana cut me off. " You should probably go." Her words were so cold, it hurt.  "But just promise me that you won't tell anyone. It doesn't matter how long I've taught here. I will get fired if there is even suspicion that I had any kind of...contact...like this...with a student."

All I could do was stare at her.  I couldn't find the words to use with her, but in my mind I was just thinking, "So, that's it? What the hell?!"

She turned  the lights on and walked to the far corner end of the room, where her purse was.

"I think we should maybe talk about this," I finally said. "It doesn't have to be now, but it just can't be left like this."

I understood that she was scared. So was I.  But I also have compassion. I wouldn't leave someone alone to process feelings like this. Feelings I helped create. She seemed to be ready to swing an axe down on any strings that may have formed between us. 

She didn't answer me and I didn't want to add more stress by pushing the issue, so I opened the door and left.

(To be continued...)

Edited by Curious Jane

Brad knew something was wrong that night..  I am a terrible actress and have always worn my feelings and emotions more than I hid them.

I told him everything as we lay in bed. He said he was bothered more by the fact that I kept my feeljngs a secret for so long, but he wasn't mad.

"Even though I know there are emotions involved, I don't feel threatened like I would if this had happened with another man," Brad said. "If you want to experiment with women, go for it. As long as I know you're being safe about it and you're not planning on leaving me for a woman, I am fine with it."

"Well, it's not like I am going to hunt for a woman to get into bed with. There's  just something about this woman. " I told Brad,  with embarrassment in my tone.. "But it has lifted such a weight knowing you're not mad."

"I read about this. Girls tend to go through these phases, I guess, no matter what age. Maybe I'll get a threesome out of this!" Brad laughed.

"Oh, now it makes sense! That's why you're taking it so well, " I giggled.

Brad leaned in and gave me a kiss on the lips. " Is she a better kisser than me?" He joked. Then he leaned in for another kiss. This time our tongues met. 

"Did she do this?" said Brad in a hushed, more serious tone. He moved his hand under my shirt and cupped my breast. 

It was a little silly for Brad to say it,, but the thought of Dana touching me the same way turned me on. He could tell, which turned him on as well. His hand slid down my side and to my panties. 

Brad whispered, "Pretend it's her. Just see what you think."

I closed my eyes and imagined it was Dana's finger that slipped into my panties and glided back and forth over my swollen clit. I shuddered in ecstasy.  Her finger was now inside me. Then two fingers pushed in and out of me, curved just enough to find the G-spot., and just a little faster with each thrust.

Fingers still inside me,  Brad's tongue lightly swept my clit. The feel of his facial stubble brought me out of my fantasy with Dana for a moment, but it wasn't long before I couldn't feel it anymore and I was back with her.  I spread my legs wider as her fingers fucked me faster and her tongue wildy licked my clit. 

The familiar build up of ecstasy was coming on strong. My back arched, but before I came to climax, it stopped.  Brad turned me over and we were at the edge of the bad. He, standing, a and I, leaning over , he thrust his hard dick into my very wet pussy.  It felt incredible as he thrust fully in and out.

I was still thinking of Dana. I imagined her there with us, sitting on the bed just before me.  Her legs spread open as I lick her clit while being fucked from behind. 

As Brad came inside me, I came, and  I imagined Dana cumming, too. 

(To be continued...)

Edited by Curious Jane

I appreciate that. Writing is a passion of mine. I've written for three different publications as a freelance journalist in the past. However, I know I'm a bit rusty because it's been a while since I've written seriously. Still, it feels nice to get back into it....even when I read it back and cringe at mistakes and styling lol. Oh well, it's for fun.

I've done a bit of writing myself, and may eventually post something here if I can find time to get it written. I'm working on a different writing project at the moment. But I'd like to do something of an erotic romance. we'll see how it goes. In the meantime, i hope you keep at this. I'm continuing to enjoy it..

Journalism and fiction are two very different skill sets, but skill at one does help you with the other.

On 12/27/2017 at 10:00 PM, Sithandra said:

I've done a bit of writing myself, and may eventually post something here if I can find time to get it written. I'm working on a different writing project at the moment. But I'd like to do something of an erotic romance. we'll see how it goes. In the meantime, i hope you keep at this. I'm continuing to enjoy it..

Journalism and fiction are two very different skill sets, but skill at one does help you with the 

I will keep it at for as long as I can. :-)

I wish I had time to build more detail. I've been typing on my phone when I have 30 min to an hour free -- so most of the time I am just trying to keep it interesting enough for you all to keep reading lol. 

The next few classes with Dana were awkward, to say the least. She ignored me. She wouldn't even look in my direction. I thought about dropping the class, but I put in too much work to quit now.

I planned to keep my distance until the class ended, and then try to speak with her about our encounter. She was making me feel like I was just part of a mistake she had made, but I needed to let her see that, even if she didn't want to pursue anything romantic or sexual with me, what happened between us wasn't something neither of us should feel bad about.  

About a month had gone by when Dana began to seem less tense.  I walked into class one evening and instead of pretending I wasn't there, she actually said "hello".  I think it was because she greeted the student who walked in before me and it would have seemed odd to tbe other people in the room if she didn't acknowledge me.  Still, it made me find the courage and confidence to speak to her. 

(Oh no! I had written so much more and it didn't save everything :( )

Edited by Curious Jane

15 hours ago, Curious Jane said:

Oh no! I had written so much more and it didn't save everything :( )

I hate when that happens...it’s happened to me a lot when writing longer responses in PM. I’ve learned to write in an outside app and then copy and paste it here.

Looking forward to more...

I decided that I would talk to Dana after class.  If she wanted nothing more to do with me, I needed her to tell me -- to give me that closure. 

Normally when she dismissed class, I was one of the first to be out the door. Today, I took my time. I pretended to organize papers in a folder until everyone had exited the room.. Dana's demeanor turned stiff. She knew what I was up to, but she didn't look my way. Just as she had been doing  after our physical  encounter, she ignored me. 

As I made my way to her desk, I heard someone behind me. It was Jason. " Just fucking leave," I screamed inside my head.  I clenched my teeth. If it hadn't been for Jason interrupting our kiss, Dana probably wouldn't have been so  scared about someone at the college finding out about us.

He got to her desk before I did. For the first time in a long time, Dana looked at me. She flashed a grin to show me that she was glad I couldn't talk to her since Jason was there. Or maybe it was a " Ha ha, blocked by Jason again!" look.

I cried heavy tears as I drove home.  I was angry, disappointed, hurt, and confused.  I contemplated giving up on Dana. It was too painful.

The following afternoon at work, my coworker and friend, Laura, invited me to lunch.  When we could take lunch together, we liked to walk to the deli that was two blocks down and eat outside on their patio. 

Laura was loud and funny.  She always knew how to make me laugh and our conversations were always wild and colorful. She was Mormon, but no one would guess that she was by her far-from-reserved personality.  She was certainly a welcomed distraction from my constant thoughts of Dana.

As we waited in line to order, Laura asked me about class. "So, you're taking a class down at the college? How is that going?"

I was surprised that she knew. I didn't tell anyone from work. "Yeah, it's going pretty well...but how did you know?"

"Oh, your instructor goes to my church, " Laura explained. "I was sitting next to her at our kids' school play when she opened her phone and there you were! I mean, your Facebook picture.  I told her, 'Hey, I work with Jane!' She said you two were messaging each other about class."

I tried to hide my surprise. Wow. Dana was looking at my Facebook page. AND felt the need to lie about us messaging each other about school when she was caught.  AND she's Mormon! No wonder she had such a melt down about our kiss!

(to be continued...)

I wanted to ask Laura so many questions. I just didn't know how to ask even one question without raising suspicion. 

I finally thought of one that wouldn't seem odd and hoped it would open the door to Laura divulging more information about Dana. "Are the two of you pretty good friends?"

I needed to hear her answer like a lost desert explorer needed a drink of water, but it had to wait. It was our turn to order. I quickly gave my menu request and impatiently waited for Laura to give her own. I had to concentrate on keeping calm, but I felt like jumping around like a kid whose parents surprised her with a trip to Disneyland.

The two minutes it took to order and find a seat on the patio seemed like two hours. We sat and I said to Laura, " So, you were going to tell me about your and Dana's friendship."  I knew the words came out a little too excited when Laura raised a brow and smiled inquisitivly. 

"Well, I have known her for years, , and she IS somewhat of a Jack Mormon, but that doesn't mean I can get her to give you an A if you didn't earn it...If that's why you're asking, " Laura laughed.

"What's a Jack Mormon?" 

"Let's just say she doesn't follow the teachings of the Latter Day Saints as well as I do."

I was afraid to ask more. I'd rather have Laura continue to believe that my interest in her friendship with Dana was merely about bribing for good grades. 

The puzzled look on my face prompted Laura to add, "She drinks a little. She cusses. She doesn't go to church regularly. Just stuff like that. Nothing too crazy."

My mind wandererd away from the conversation.  I imagined myself back in the dark classroom with Dana. The details of that night replayed in my head during so many sleepless nights. It was still a vivid memory; the way her hair smelled...the hunger in her arms when she pulled me to her chest...the gentle kisses that turned into aggressive passion...and the feeling of being on the highest peak of ecstacy, only to drop to the darkest valley of depression, in a matter of minutes. 

I was pulled from my thoughts to the sound of Laura asking me a question. " So, you'll go with me to the party, right?"

Crap. I hadn't heard a word she said before that, but I was pretty certain that she was referring to a New Year's party to be held at her friend's house. I had been hesitant to go because I thought it was something her church was hosting. I just wasn't sure how fun a New Year's party could be with people who didn't really believe in partying. 

"Yeah, I'll go!" I said, with psuedo-enthusiasm. 

"Okay, cool! I'll pick you up on the way. I'll be your DD!"

I guess she wasn't talking about a church party, but I was too embarrassed to ask for clarification. Besides, now that I knew alcohol was involved, it would be another welcomed distraction from Dana.  The semester would be ending in three weeks, and New Year's would come two weeks after that. I would definitely need a party to keep my mind off her for at least one night.  

-----

The last few weeks of class surprisingly flew by quickly.. Part of me was relieved it was over. A bigger part of me was sad knowing it meant I wouldn't see Dana. The only good and possibly promising part was that she would no longer be my instructor --meaning she would no longer be breaking any teacher-student relationship rules if we reignited the flame that quickly fizzled out all those nights ago..  I made up my mind that, instead of confronting her verbally, I'd write down everything I had been wanting to say in a letter; leave the ball in her court.

On the last day of class, I waited for everyone to leave room before I approached Dana with the letter. 

I pretended to have all the confidence in the world as I walked up to her desk. She stood and the moment we made eye contact, I went weak.  It was evident that she did, too. Her eyes were glossy with tears and she was wearing her pain. I reached my arm out and presented the letter, folded into a blank envelope.

Dana's expression changed in the very next moment.  She straightened her stance and blinked away her tears. The atmosphere of the room completely changed. Dana was no longer looking at me, but behind me.

I whirled around to see Jason. He began to say, "Professor Wallingford, thanks so much for all of your help this semes--."

"You can't be fucking serious, Jason! What the fuck!?" I realized the words were not just in my head, but actually rolling off my tongue and reaching his and Dana's ears...and I bolted for the door. It happened so fast that it wasn't until I was sitting in my car that I realized I was crying. AND I not only yelled and cursed at Jason, but sobbed those ugly, mean words at him as well. 

I started the car, but contemplated going back to Dana's classroom. When I saw Jason get in his car and leave, I made up my mind. I was going back.

I pulled out my mirror to check for smeared eyeliner and runny mascara. Except for bloodshot eyes, I still looked okay and not like the crying mess I was just moments prior.

I turned off the engine, but before I could open the door I was startled by a knock on the passenger side window. A familar figure was standing outside. I unlocked the door, and Dana slid into the passenger seat.  I wasn't prepared for this and couldn't find any words. We were silent long enough for the interior lights to fade. We were in complete darkness, just staring out the windshield. And then she spoke, her voice shaky and almost a whisper.

"I just need time, Jane. I haven't been able to process this. And I'm sorry if my silence is hurting you... or confusing you. Please understand. I haven't been able to talk to anyone. I just need to sort this out. In my own way."

"I understand. I really do, " I whispered. "Now that you're here, can I just read the letter to you...the one I tried to give you before that annoying little bastard interrupted me?

Dana let out a laugh.

"I swear, it's like he is getting paid to do it, " I chuckled. 

Dana laughed more. She covered her mouth as she giggled, "He just asked me out."

"Oh my hell,  he is like fresh out of high school!" I gasped. 

Now we were both laughing. 

When we caught our breath, Dana explained that she had to meet her husband for dinner in a few minutes. " But I would love to hear your letter."

I unfolded the handwritten note and read aloud.

"Dana, please forgive me for any pain or uncomfortable feelings I may have caused. But you need to understand that this is difficult for me, too. I don't know what it all means, but I think it would serve our emotional and mental health well if we talked about it.  If you want me to go away, I will do that. I just need some closure. You had a part in this as much as I did, so I think you owe me at least a conversation...when you're ready."

"I promise we'll talk," Dana said with sincerity. "I need to talk to my husband. It's a little complicated to explain why, but I have been putting off the conversation with him. It's a bit scary...I am not sure what to expect."

"Your religion?" I asked.

"Yes. That's a big part of it, "Dana said. "I need to get going. But I'll get in touch. I'm not sure when...just please be patient with me."

"I will. I promise."

Dana leaned over and quickly, but softly, kissed my cheek. Then  she opened the car door and she was gone. 

(To be continued...)

I'm enjoying the story and curious where it goes next. :)

Keep going-this is good!

Great stuff! I can't wait to see what happens next!