Curiouslouisa01

Could you confirm something for me?

6 posts in this topic

Hi. I have just joined and read through the rules etc. So happy to have found a site with like minded women! It says it isn’t a dating site obviously but does that mean people can’t agree to meet up if they live in the same area etc. I don’t want to post anything I shouldn’t and risk getting banned! X

I’m not a moderator of the site, so this isn’t the official answer...but...it’s never a good idea to post personal details about a meetup on a public forum, so if you do schedule a meetup it will probably be through PM....what goes on in there is your business (unless someone you message has an issue with something you’ve said and reports you).

Just a heads up, new members who look for meetups right out of the gate might find themselves under review...this is to protect the integrity of the site.

If you make a friend here that you’d like to meet at some point, if I were you, I’d deal with that privately. Members meet all the time, usually after getting to know one another quite well on this virtual level, ‘real life’ friendships (and relationships) have been formed here...but people could get uncomfortable if they think a member is looking for hookups, because that’s not what this site is about.

Great answer @Cute&Curious. There are geography specific subforums where you can see posts about your area, but the intent of this is usually more "hey cool, we can share cultural references" than actually meeting up. As stated above I would tread lightly before trying to meet anybody irl. I am also not a mod.

what @Cute&Curious  said.What you do in private is your business and  always be careful

Edited by kairi

What these ladies said is correct.  This is a support forum, first and foremost, and we work hard to keep this a safe space from predatory behaviors.  Many women who are newly out, scared, etc will be really freaked out by another member sending them a message, even with the best of intentions.  This is why we have it posted that there are to be no unsolicited messages.  You can get to know others in the forums, and then from there, connected via PM.  It's not a site for meeting local women, but sometimes along the way, you might connect with someone who is also local.

Members who come here clearly looking to meet local women are quickly placed on review or banned from the site, BECAUSE of how protective we are of the integrity and safety here.  There are so many other sites for meeting local women, but very few with the culture we have here, and we have to work hard to protect that.

20 hours ago, Cute&Curious said:

I’m not a moderator of the site, so this isn’t the official answer...but...it’s never a good idea to post personal details about a meetup on a public forum, so if you do schedule a meetup it will probably be through PM....what goes on in there is your business (unless someone you message has an issue with something you’ve said and reports you).

Just a heads up, new members who look for meetups right out of the gate might find themselves under review...this is to protect the integrity of the site.

If you make a friend here that you’d like to meet at some point, if I were you, I’d deal with that privately. Members meet all the time, usually after getting to know one another quite well on this virtual level, ‘real life’ friendships (and relationships) have been formed here...but people could get uncomfortable if they think a member is looking for hookups, because that’s not what this site is about.

Great thankyou x