Jump to content
PurplePetal

Fitness Goals, who has them?

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, so who has a fitness goal this year? I really want to get to 10, 1/2st and have more sculpted arms. I will be starting a fitness program on the 14th of this month and turn 41 this week, so I want to it to be my fit 40s lol!  Is any one up for checking in on this thread, may-be weekly and seeing how we get on?  x

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess my fitness goal is to get back into strength training.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting cross fit and training for my first 1/2 marathon in years. I'd like to change my body shape a bit and improve my race time. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna get back into shape/lose the rest of that baby weight. I’m trying to get into a healthier diet and more exercise routine. So I’m up for checking in, some accountability would definately help.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After going for a standard checkup, I found out that my cholesterol has skyrocketed. And despite looking thin, I'm actually chubby; my belly hangs over my belt, but you wouldn't know it unless I was shirtless. It's not a pretty sight and sometimes I struggle to breathe after eating or while bending down.

I'm going to minimize meat, include more vegetables, fruits, and nuts into my diet. I also plan on incorporating tabata into my weekly activities. I'm pretty active at my inventory job, but it's not enough to get the heart pumping. And since the exercise is usually four minutes long, I have no excuse to not do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am focused on improving my overall diet (reducing my overall carbs, focusing on more veggies), make the time for my advanced CrossFit stuff (especially mobility), place okay with my first CrossFit competition in April, run at least 3 days per week, and through all that, lose weight.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m definitely going through a change. Fitness is becoming a necessity, along with many diet changes and because of health issues. Im fit, but a few months ago I started suffering from anxiety attacks and depression, it turned out to be due to a hormonal imbalance. Since then I’ve been taking hormones and I have to follow a very strict diet. Exercise makes me feel better, so along with hikes in nature and Pilates, I’m feeling better each day. Good luck on your new healthy journey!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitness and diet have definitely helped me with hormonal issues @Patrizia. I noticed hormonal imbalances tend to get when worse when I let those lifestyle things slide, although that is also usually due to stress so it's hard to tease out the effects from each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do pilates a couple times a week, but I need to do more. I always seem to come up with an excuse.... oh, and I love food.  I need to start meal prepping,  so I don't eat things that I shouldn't. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChemFem said:

Fitness and diet have definitely helped me with hormonal issues @Patrizia. I noticed hormonal imbalances tend to get when worse when I let those lifestyle things slide, although that is also usually due to stress so it's hard to tease out the effects from each other.

Hormonal imbalances are the worst! Hope you are doing better! Stress definitely makes everything worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lift weights and my goal is to get stronger in general. I also want to be able to do a set of 10 wide grip pull ups. Right now I can only get to 5. I want to deadlift 125kg, right now my best is 115kg. I want to squat 80kg and my best now is 75kg. I want to over head press 50kg and my best now is 35kg. I have alot of fitness goals. I'm also trying to eat alot healthier and gain about 10lbs as I've been underweight my whole life. =)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking at basically getting healthier. Changing my diet, and improving my overall health. I have a few health issues. There's been a lot of changes in food recently, we get taught one thing and then something different later. I know what I need to do, but doing it is different. I've been taking Lipitor(a Cholesterol med) for about 6 years. Naturopaths have a different view to doctors on this. So I'm a Guinea pig and I have gone off the med and I'll do a blood test at the end of June and see what's happening. Hormone imbalance is my issue as well. Bloody Menopause. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:17 AM, LavenderMage said:

After going for a standard checkup, I found out that my cholesterol has skyrocketed. And despite looking thin, I'm actually chubby; my belly hangs over my belt, but you wouldn't know it unless I was shirtless. It's not a pretty sight and sometimes I struggle to breathe after eating or while bending down.

I'm going to minimize meat, include more vegetables, fruits, and nuts into my diet. I also plan on incorporating tabata into my weekly activities. I'm pretty active at my inventory job, but it's not enough to get the heart pumping. And since the exercise is usually four minutes long, I have no excuse to not do it.

Look into grass fed beef, it's higher in Omega 3 etc, Go organic if possible. Sometimes high cholesterol is due to high Insulin as well.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to start biking to work again, but I'm not sure I'll be in this job long enough to make that a reality.

I should get back to doing some weights but it is soooooooooo boring and I hate it.

I'd really like to get back to doing martial arts. Right now I just don't have the time for a formal class, but we'll see what happens if I change jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I turned the big 40 in May that morning I stepped on the scale and realized I gained 5lbs I was happy thought it was cute! Fast forward 4 months and 28lbs heavier, not so cute!!  I need to get the extra pounds off and I’ve decided to start today.  Wish me luck and strength! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have fitness goals, actually more like skill goals. I am in the process of learning to skate in order to play hockey. It is a humbling sport. I am determined to put 1 year of at least 3 times a week skate training combined with lessons to get my skating to a level that I feel comfortable in order to attend a hockey camp. 

I admire the skill level of the women I see skating. Luckily I am fit to begin with and posses a decent amount of athletic talent so with hard work I know I will get there and be able to fulfill my desire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some hiking trips lined up this summer in Zions National Park and Yosemite so one of my goals is to build up my endurance.  Last weekend I did a 10 mile hike and was left with some blisters.  Hopefully they will be healed by a grueling hike I've scheduled on Saturday.

Aside from that, I'd like to lean out a bit so I look a little nicer in the bikini this summer.  I'm doing that through lifting, upping my cardio, and adjusting my calories down a bit.  

This is hike is on my bucket list and I'll finally do it the end of May!

Image result for zions national park hikes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Active Life said:

I have some hiking trips lined up this summer in Zions National Park and Yosemite so one of my goals is to build up my endurance.  Last weekend I did a 10 mile hike and was left with some blisters.  Hopefully they will be healed by a grueling hike I've scheduled on Saturday.

Aside from that, I'd like to lean out a bit so I look a little nicer in the bikini this summer.  I'm doing that through lifting, upping my cardio, and adjusting my calories down a bit.  

This is hike is on my bucket list and I'll finally do it the end of May!

Image result for zions national park hikes

How beautiful ! Looks challenging , but fun ! best ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few goals.  Small ones and big ones.  Its a list in progress though.

For now, I’m doing 30 day challenges and its going great.  Totally meeting those goals.  I just needed to learn my level before hand.  I’m in month 4 now.

I’d love to the stair climb in the cn tower.  I might try to find a group to do it with in the fall.  I think it runs twice a year.

I might run tough mudder again.  Though that was really tough for me and i trained really hard for that.  3 kids later I’m not so sure i have the time for it.

We get a lot of races in our city, i need to find out what other things we have.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gingermommy said:

I might run tough mudder again.  Though that was really tough for me and i trained really hard for that.

Congrats on running this race!  Argh, I did this three years ago.  It was lots of fun until I started cramping after freezing my arse off in the Arctic Enima.  I couldn't run the last 6 miles, it didn't help that I sprained my ankle 1.5 months prior to the race and was unable to train.  I'm so glad I did it though and would run it again.  You are correct, there's lots of training required to help prevent injury.  

There's other shorter races of this type which you may have time to train.  Tough Mudder even has a 5K version now.  It sounds like you may be able to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Active Life well, what i am able to do will depend on the location.  If travel is required, than its a no.  I think the arctic enima was actually my favourite but i’ve swam in colder waters (yes, really) so i found it pretty refreshing. Also, if its. Hot day than it might be more refreshing?  Not sure.  Where did you run yours?  I ran mine just north of Toronto.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×