Apsalar15

It's a bit quiet in here...

18 posts in this topic

...so let's have a random chat/get to know each other thread! Apologies if this has already been done but I've not seen it on the first couple of pages and I assume anything past that is a zombie thread.

My real name is Chantelle, I'm 33. I have three children - two girls and a boy. Two of them are little so I'm a stay at home parent, hope to get back to the adult world one day! I have a wonderful fiance who totally gets the whole bi thing. Oh we also have two cats and they're a pain in the arse lol.

I love gaming, reading, watching too much stuff on Netflix and the like. My favourite music is metal, rock, synthwave and industrial but I'm also partial to a bit indie/folk. Currently trying to lose weight and keep it off now that I'm done having kids. 

Tell me a bit about yourself :)

Edited by Apsalar15

Hi. I’m 45. 2 girls age 20 and 10 (yes we are mad!) I’m bi but I’m the only one who knows that apart from you ladies on here! I live in Hertfordshire. Love Netflix series’, in fact don’t watch “normal” tv! Love the gym, holidays in Spain, love my work.  Like all sorts of music but I’d say soft rock is my favourite. Only joined here yesterday and I’m loving reading all the posts on here and actually being able to chat about how I feel! :) x

Edited by Curiouslouisa01

@Curiouslouisa01 mine are 7, nearly 2 and 6 months so I feel mental too sometimes. The first and third weren't planned lol.

6 minutes ago, Apsalar15 said:

@Curiouslouisa01 mine are 7, nearly 2 and 6 months so I feel mental too sometimes. The first and third weren't planned lol.

Yes our youngest was unexpected! Life

is mad but wouldn’t change it :)

I’m Vix, 34, been with husband for 13 years and we have a 6 year old daughter. 

I have my own business working with children which I love, although I hate the marketing side of things. 

I too am trying to lose weight, I’ve been big all my life and this is the year it’s got to go! Settled into slimming world and getting rid of the Christmas gain first!

After realising in the summer that I don’t do anything for me (daughter does all sorts and my husband cycles with his mate 3 times a week) I joined a choir, and it’s fab. Ok, I’m one of the younger ones, but the choir master is a laugh and I come out buzzing. 100 strong voices for 2 hours and lush harmonies is amazing. 

I love reading and have recently joined the Netflix crowd! I’m currently watching The Good Place. 

Move known I was bi since my late teens and my friends at the time and then at uni all knew. My husband knew when we met as well, which is handy, but I never told my parents. 

I’m really enjoying interacting with people in here and having an outlet for how I feel, making it manageable! x

Edited by Gemini82

Hey Apsalara5 and Curiouslouisa01. and Gemini82 I am 41 tomorrow, I have 3 boys and 3 girls, oldest is 22 (but has left for uni now) and youngest is 8, also I have 3 fur babes, 2 cats and one dog, I am in Oxfordshire.

I have always liked men and women and haven't really like one over another, it been more about the person, but latley been think alot about women and didn`t really lable it until I was older, 

I am loving getting fit right now, and love all diffrent types of music. Finding this site has been great, I am not sure how long I have been on here and have found nothing but good things and kind people. :D x

Edited by PurplePetal
Made a mistake.

Hello ladies! 

I know people tend to chat here and there in forums and messages etc but I thought it would be nice to have a UK thread where we all gather and get to know each other, plus good to see a bit more traffic in the UK bit hopefully! 

@PurplePetal 6 kids, wow! I'm losing my mind with three! 

Yes sounds good to me... :D  The kids are all that bit older now so its easier than it used to be. There all good, have there moments though :D 

Hey ladies I’m 45 and newly separated. Things have been difficult for me at home but it’s a new year and it is all starting to calm down and my new life is taking shape. I’ve been on shy since last summer and it’s great for me as I can dip in and out when it suits.  Love getting to know you lovely ladies and the freedom to be myself.   I would love a meet up one day, be great to meet like minded ladies. 

X

Hi. Would be good to meet some people. I’m Herts. I mean for a coffee etc. A few of us x

I'm all the way down in Devon so everyone's usually miles away from me lol. Hope everyone's well, been a boring day here. Might be boring tonight as well and go to bed early, if the baby lets us!

Hi. 

I'm also in my early 30's, married, no kids, and I also like rock music, reading, and gaming! (PS4)

42 minutes ago, Storm9 said:

Hi. 

I'm also in my early 30's, married, no kids, and I also like rock music, reading, and gaming! (PS4)

Don't tease me :O I'm on PS4 as well! Didn't you say on a previous thread that you're in the south west?!

2 hours ago, Apsalar15 said:

Don't tease me :O I'm on PS4 as well! Didn't you say on a previous thread that you're in the south west?!

I have no idea how you have any time to yourself with 3 young children! And yes, I'm also in the South West! What PS4 games do play? Do I remember reading somewhere that you mainly play RPG's? I like RPG's, but at the moment I find I'm mostly playing BF1.

I'll pm you so we don't bore anyone with game talk :D

Hey all,

I'm 31, live in Manchester, married for 6 years but no kids yet  (I'm sure my mother's 'spidey sense' is tingling as I write that - no doubt overdue another "I think you really need to start being concerned about your ovaries" talk!!). 2 cats are enough for now.  Always been "out" (never really was "in")! 

Working on a PhD at Manchester University school of Biology, Medicine and Health, whilst working in healthcare.

Really into my RPG gaming (PC, XB1) - also tabletop and actual 'RPG' (D&D, CoC etc) when I can. Love sci fi and fantasy literature, tv and film, and very, very dark comedy. Run a Manchester based sci-fi social club, run a little side business designing and building props, and adore my sci-fi conventions.

Bit of a nerd really! 

Hey! Thought I’d say hi. I’d checked this forum before and it seemed pretty quiet! 

I’m 36 married (to a dude) and have a little boy who’s 3. 

Im out to some people and my husband has always known. I had a gf when I was at Uni. 

I watch a lot of stuff on Netflix and sometimes Amazon (currently Vikings!), and I’m making a half hearted attempt to get fit :) 

Hi! 

Nice shout on Vikings, seen a few episodes, really need to get back on it. 

It's like tumbleweed central on this bit isn't it, poor old UK haha