Rani

Bi female meetup group in australia

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I have an idea for a meetup group for each state and territory. Some of us can be from one state and be visiting another and still attend.

Anyone here from sydney who would be interested? Or from other states?

It can start off as meetups and then include topic discussions. 

Happy to have it being skype based for those far away. So u dont even have to go far tp attend. It might help people become more comfortable with each other. 

At one point maybe during the marriage equality campaign i dreamt of having a bimobile and driving throughout australia.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rani said:

Hi everyone

I have an idea for a meetup group for each state and territory. Some of us can be from one state and be visiting another and still attend.

Anyone here from sydney who would be interested? Or from other states?

It can start off as meetups and then include topic discussions. 

Happy to have it being skype based for those far away. So u dont even have to go far tp attend. It might help people become more comfortable with each other. 

At one point maybe during the marriage equality campaign i dreamt of having a bimobile and driving throughout australia.

Rani I get what you are saying but....I think Australia needs another 40 years to accept this. Maybe a Bi group on Facebook, ( I haven't seen any). I know pretty much 99.9% of people where I live would just say "Fuck off"

It will be a slow process. My girls are great, and most people under the age of 40 are OK with the marriage equality but one's over 40 aren't so good and ones over 60..It's a NO go area. 

I work in Aged Care and ALL my clients are/were NO voters. After I talked to them a bit, (I was very careful and only if I was asked who I voted for) not to ruffle any feathers, and I picked a lady I could openly chat to. She simply said, she understood what I was saying but they weren't brought up with it. Topics like, Periods, Masturbation, Libido, even your bowels weren't talked about. 

It brings back the old movie "Priscilla" Queen of the desert.  

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rani said:

@Vampire i know u are from queensland but would u be interested 

@Angel85

@Shy_Kat

@Newtothis12

@sunnygirl

@Becbos

 

And anyone i may have missed

Too far for me to go, but you never know. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vampire said:

Too far for me to go, but you never know. 

I know physically far but skype and whatsapp can cross oceans :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vampire it's interesting that you should bring up "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". It seems like some places that are pretty conservative also have a thriving queer culture if you know where to look for it. The state where I live, Arizona, is heavily Republican. When Jeff Flake retires, the odious "Sheriff Joe" will attempt to run for his Senate seat. However, so will Kyrsten Sinema, an openly bisexual woman. Beyond politics, the drag scene here is nationally renowned. Pragmatism and safety are both important, and no one should be pressured to be out. If somebody wants to be open though I would highly encourage that. Even the incremental progress we've made would not have been possible without a lot of people who were out and proud. All of this is a long-winded way of saying, @Rani I can't come to Sydney but I'm sending solidarity vibes across the ocean and I think you should go for it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be heading to Sydney for work end of the month.. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChemFem said:

@Vampire it's interesting that you should bring up "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". It seems like some places that are pretty conservative also have a thriving queer culture if you know where to look for it. The state where I live, Arizona, is heavily Republican. When Jeff Flake retires, the odious "Sheriff Joe" will attempt to run for his Senate seat. However, so will Kyrsten Sinema, an openly bisexual woman. Beyond politics, the drag scene here is nationally renowned. Pragmatism and safety are both important, and no one should be pressured to be out. If somebody wants to be open though I would highly encourage that. Even the incremental progress we've made would not have been possible without a lot of people who were out and proud. All of this is a long-winded way of saying, @Rani I can't come to Sydney but I'm sending solidarity vibes across the ocean and I think you should go for it.

Thanks ChemFem for your support. If u do come to Sydney ever let me know. I will invite you to my ssm :P or maybe elope to Arizona or Las Vegas. I was on the west coast last yr and saw the grand canyon. So ive seen a bit of arizona.

I am grateful for all the celebrities and sports stars who have come out especially Ellen and Portia. Without all these people views of others wouldnt change and ssm may never have become reality.

I feel like when i come out i have to keep proving to people im bi and justifying my decision not to have dated guys. People think someone who is bi would automatically choose to be with a guy. They think gay people cant make a choice but you can so why not choose the "easier " path. Im glad interracial couples in the 40s and 50s fought for their relationships to be recognised. They didnt just compromise and marry someone of same race

 

I hope Kyrsten does well. We definitely need more out people.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ice said:

I might be heading to Sydney for work end of the month.. 

Nice. 

Let us know on forum if u want any advice on places to see

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rani said:

Nice. 

Let us know on forum if u want any advice on places to see

I haven't been to Sydney either. Only 2 cities or I should say capital cities I've seen are Brisbane and Darwin. Not a city girl but one day I will get there. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rani said:

Nice. 

Let us know on forum if u want any advice on places to see

Cool! Will do :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here are the list of events part of mardi gras this yr

http://www.mardigras.org.au/events/party

3rd march is the official party which will feature Cher

26 feb there is a  pool party

18 feb is fair day 10am to 8pm

24 feb family fun day 11am to 4 pm

4 march laneway from 2 pm

Equality dance festival

http://www.mardigras.org.au/events/equality-dance-australia-festival-2018

From 15 feb onwards we have the mardi gras film festival. 

It features the first lesbian movie of mainstream cinema desert hearts and other such gems..

http://tix.queerscreen.org.au/default.asp?contentID=1008&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnOzSBRDGARIsAL-mUB0IWGjnO5WBRIREDiNAS3js-O6NHpjjCY_VA4AHf3__bG0zjf_8HtMaAkB7EALw_wcB

I think the party has sold out but the other events are fine.

If anyone is interested or available for the above events let me know. I have one other friend coming.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vampire said:

I haven't been to Sydney either. Only 2 cities or I should say capital cities I've seen are Brisbane and Darwin. Not a city girl but one day I will get there. 

Sure let us know. :) its been a while since ive been to qld. I went to cairns in 2009.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ice said:

Cool! Will do :) 

Do try to see some of the mardi gras events if u can.

Mostly in feb and march. 

I will be in the parade on march  3rd

 This yr part of the south asian lgbti contingent called trikone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list of Bi Visibility Day events each year suggests there are at least a couple of bi social groups around Australia (sorry if it turns out to all be in one city, my geography of the country is atrocious) so while I <3 the original post suggestion maybe for those parts of the country, link up with what's already out there rather than reinvent a wheel? :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, softfruit said:

The list of Bi Visibility Day events each year suggests there are at least a couple of bi social groups around Australia (sorry if it turns out to all be in one city, my geography of the country is atrocious) so while I <3 the original post suggestion maybe for those parts of the country, link up with what's already out there rather than reinvent a wheel? :)

Would be great to find some in NSW if some exist. I have come across polyamory groups but hoping for one with bi females.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now